Jenny105's DIS Veteran Celebration

tiggerfan1

DIS Veteran
Welcome to

Jenny105's

DIS Veteran Celebration!!!

Congratulations on becoming a DIS Veteran, Jenny!!!

:woohoo: :cool1: :banana: :cheer2: :dance3: :jumping1:

To celebrate your DIS Veteranhood, I pulled some strings and got you a

for a very special concert featuring

And guess what? They said that they'd come to your DIS Veteran party, too! How sweet of them! :love:

Here's a New Kids on the Block T-shirt to wear to the concert.

Here's the Unicorn party limo to take you there in style. :cool2:

PTCruiser_Purple.jpg

Driver, please take Jenny to the New Kids on the Block concert. It's right in the next post. Thanks!!

They will be performing the following songs:

Step by Step

Tonight

Cover Girl

You Got It (The Right Stuff)

I'll Be Loving You (Forever)

Valentine Girl

Hangin' Tough

Baby, I Believe in You

Stay the Same

Summertime

Woohooo! Awesome concert, boys! :thumbsup2

This concludes the concert portion of the party. Sorry it's so short! Since this is a virtual NKOTB concert, I can only do so much. :laughing: Don't worry, the fun is just beginning. The guys said that they'll drop by your party a little later.

Driver, please take Jenny to the Unicorn party house. (Oh, and please take the scenic route. We've got to make some last-minute preparations for the party. Thanks! :thumbsup2)

More fun to come..............

:cool1: :banana: :cool1: :woohoo: :yay:

Woohoo!!! Happy Veteran Celebration, Jenny!!!!!

This is a great party. I loooved the virtual NKOTB concert.. :lmao:

I think this party definitley needs some killer dancing, gotta impress NKOTB when they come to join the parrrtay! :dancer:

Hope you enjoyed the purple limo ride, Jenny! Just wait until the party gets started!!

Thank you! :)

It's an awesome party so far. I'll take a virtual NKOTB concert any day! I saw them this past fall twice so I can imagine the real deal in my head! And the 'then' picture...oh Donnie's hair! It looks like he stuck his finger in a light socket. :rotfl:

Can't wait til the boys stop by! ;)

I think this party definitley needs some killer dancing, gotta impress NKOTB when they come to join the parrrtay! :dancer:

Another awesome idea from the cool-idea guru!! :thumbsup2 I'd better go and practice my 90s dance moves. I'm a little rusty. :rotfl:

Thank you! :)

It's an awesome party so far. I'll take a virtual NKOTB concert any day! I saw them this past fall twice so I can imagine the real deal in my head! And the 'then' picture...oh Donnie's hair! It looks like he stuck his finger in a light socket. :rotfl:

Can't wait til the boys stop by! ;)

Hey, party girl! You're welcome! I'm glad you're enjoying your party. I'd have to agree with you about Donnie Wahlberg's hair. :laughing: But then, it was the 80s/early 90s. Almost everyone's hair had the "electrocuted" look!! :lmao:

Seeing NKOTB again made me start reminiscing about the good old days. Since we all grew up in 80s/90s, I thought it would be fun to have an

Let's all take a walk down memory lane. Share your favorite things that were popular in the 80s/90s: snacks, candy, drinks, toys, TV shows.............whatever!! Start brushing up on your 80s/90s dance moves, too! :woohoo:

Here are a few goodies from yesteryear.

combos.jpg

yoohoo.jpg

Zonkers.jpg

piknik.jpg

Whatchamacallit.jpg

fruite-stripe-gum.jpg

bugles.jpg

ringpops.jpg

Fruit stripe gum! I used to LOVE that! The flavor didn't last very long though...

Remember Big League Chew? And Teddy Ruxpin (I think that's how you spell it?) And the gum that used to come out of the bandaid case? And ABC morning cartoons?? "After these messages...we'll be riiight back!" :rotfl:

Ahh!! I love the walk down memory lane!! Very good party!!

Where are the other Unicorns?

Fruit stripe gum! I used to LOVE that! The flavor didn't last very long though...

Remember Big League Chew? And Teddy Ruxpin (I think that's how you spell it?) And the gum that used to come out of the bandaid case? And ABC morning cartoons?? "After these messages...we'll be riiight back!" :rotfl:

I used to get Fruit Stripe gum all the time. I think that I liked the package design more than the actual gum. :laughing: I also loved that gum in the band-aid tin. What was that called? I've gotta go look that up. Oh, and I loved Bubble Tape, too!

I don't remember Big League Chew, but I definitely remember Teddy Ruxpin and ABC morning cartoons. Do you remember the Disney Afternoon cartoons? Loved it, loved it, loved it!! *sigh* Those were the days....... I'm going to go find some more pictures.

Congrats to you! One more post for me!:laughing:

Hey, thanks for stopping by NDM#1. :thumbsup2

Where are the other Unicorns?

I have no idea! :confused3 I PM'd everyone and I even made sure to mention it on the Unicorn thread. I hope that they all make it to the party. NKOTB will be here soon!

OUCH gum!! That's it!! I don't think that this is the original tin design, though.

ouchgum.jpg

Bubble Tape! It's 6 feet of bubble gum for you.......not them!

bubbletape.jpg

Big League chew!

bigleaguechew.jpg

Teddy Ruxpin :goodvibes

Teddy-Ruxpin.jpg

Oh my gosh! Does anyone remember Lite Brite?

litebrite.jpg

Slinky!!

slinkie.jpg

OUCH gum!! That's it!! I don't think that this is the original tin design, though.

ouchgum.jpg

Big League chew!

bigleaguechew.jpg

Teddy Ruxpin :goodvibes

Teddy-Ruxpin.jpg

Oh my gosh! Does anyone remember Lite Brite?

litebrite.jpg

Yes! Ouch gum! I remember that tin! I think they still sell it.

LITE BRITE! I'm at work right now and I just yelled 'OMG! LITE BRITE!' :rotfl: My office is this big open space so everyone heard and looked at me like I was nuts.

Big League Chew was the best! I loved grape flavor. They were little strips of gum in a big bag. My cousins and I would go around chewing these HUGE wads of gum :laughing: Needless to say our parents weren't big fans. They thought we were going to choke.

And aw, Teddy! I would spend HOURS with him :) I have to find him, he's gotta be in my mom's garage somewhere!

NKOTB, You've got it! (The Right Stuff)

NKOTB, Step by Step

I thought I'd keep the concert going. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Welcome to Dis Veteranhood Jenny! Congratulations!

Love all the 80's snacks. I ate all those. You can still get Fruit Stripe gum, we had some last month. You can still get all that stuff, if you know where to look... :yay: :woohoo: :thumbsup2 :cool1: :worship:

And for the cartoon crowd:

Ducktales Intro

:woohoo: Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh Oh-oh-oh oh! :love: I've been head over heels for Joey McIntyre since I was six.

I love the theme song to DuckTales!!! Also loved the one for Tailspin!

LITE BRITE! I'm at work right now and I just yelled 'OMG! LITE BRITE!' :rotfl: My office is this big open space so everyone heard and looked at me like I was nuts.

:rotfl: :rotfl2:

Lite Brite and Teddy Ruxpin looked like such cool toys. I still remember those commercials!

Honu- Glad you made it the party! :) Thanks for the NKOTB songs and the Ducktales song! That reminds me, there was a cool thread about 80s Disney shows on the CB not too long ago. I'll look for it and share it here.

Rora- That's so cute that you named your phone "Teddy". :)

I found the thread! Several DISers provided links to Youtube videos of their favorite 80s Disney shows (most of them just show the theme song). I posted the videos for several of the Disney afternoon theme songs (even though they weren't on the Disney channel or from the '80s). It brought back a lot of great memories. Check it out! Here's the link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2018419

Does anyone remember Bop magazine? :laughing: I wonder if they still sell it. Johnny Depp is on both of these covers. Check out his hair on the first one!! :eek:

bopmagazine.jpg

bopmagazine2.jpg

:rotfl: :rotfl2:

Lite Brite and Teddy Ruxpin looked like such cool toys. I still remember those commercials!

I always wanted both those toys and never got them. :sad2: I think it traumatized me for life. :rotfl:

Honu- Glad you made it the party! :) Thanks for the NKOTB songs and the Ducktales song! That reminds me, there was a cool thread about 80s Disney shows on the CB not too long ago. I'll look for it and share it here.

You're welcome! I have another one for you too.

Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers

OMG, I just found another one I needed to post!

Inspector Gadget

I loved this show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go, gadget go!

OMG, Kirk Cameron was so hot back then!!!!!!!!! I was totally in love with him. I remember BOP magazine. Wasn't there also Tiger Beat and something else? Shoot, I can't remember now.

OMG, I just found another one I needed to post!

Inspector Gadget

I loved this show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go, gadget go!

Ooooh!! I loved that show, too!!! :banana: I wanted a watch like Penny and Brain had!! :laughing:

OMG, Kirk Cameron was so hot back then!!!!!!!!! I was totally in love with him. I remember BOP magazine. Wasn't there also Tiger Beat and something else? Shoot, I can't remember now.

Yes, Tiger Beat!! I forgot about that one.

tigerbeatmag.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter