JellyRolls with dueling piano players

bartman539

Earning My Ears
Does anybody know the days of the week that they perform and perhaps their hours?

We will be doing the 9pm show of Cirque on Tuesday and were considering doing this after. Will it be to late then? This is our nite w/o the kiddies!

Well, I think lots of people around here will tell you I'm the Dis resident Jellyrolls fan. It's just about my favorite place in Disney World these days. It's so much fun--just a great place to unwind and sing along. I've seen most of the piano players over the years. Scotty and Ray are my favorites, and Tommy is a lot of fun as well.

Anyways, Jellyrolls is open seven nights a week. They start playing at 8:00, and alternate between two pairs of piano players until about 1:45, at which time, the lights go up, and the music stops. If you are going to Cirque at 9:00, then you probably wouldn't make it there until about 11:00, which would be fine most nights.

One thing I should mention, though, is that lots of cast members go to Jellyrolls on Tuesday nights. I've never gone on a Tuesday before, but I hear it can be pretty packed there on Tuesdays.

Have a great time. If you have any other questions about Jellyrolls, just let me know.

Karen

Hey TLinden16 thanks for the reply. I'm glad to here that we can still make it at that time. I have heard about this place but we never seem to make it. We're definitely going this time, even if I have to put toothpicks in my wifes eyes!

I'm glad to here Tuesdays a busy night, Guess will get to party with the Locals!

We will be driving to cirque then over to the boardwalk. I've never been there.
How long will it take?
Where should we park?
Is there a cover charge after a certain time?
What time to the other? attractions on the BW close?
Thanks.Bart
;)

LOVE JellyRolls too!! :)

We've been on a Tuesday night - Cast Member night-- and there is a cover , I believe it was $5?? We're planning to hit JellyRolls on our next month's trip. Can't wait!!

I hope you enjoy your night out w/o the kids !! Cirque and Jellyrolls is a great combo!!

I believe there is a cover of $5 every night. I think JellyRolls is a place where "the more the merrier" fits well and wouldn't let crowds deter you at all.

The drive from DD to BW is very short -- a few minutes really. We usually valet park and the self parking can be a bit of a walk. Otherwise, you just park in the BW parking lot. I think by the time you get there, most (probably all) of the promenade performers will be gone. They tend to be more geared for kids and seem to peak from 7-10 or so. There might still be a few food carts open and the other bars of course. I don't believe that JR serves any food at all, so if you need a snack after Cirque, grab one at DD or at a different BW establishment. On the BW, there's a late-night pizza window or you could get appetizers at ESPN Club or the Brewery right next to JR.

I mention all the snacking, because I'm unsure if JR allows re-entry the same night with a handstamp. (I have never wanted to leave!) Someone else may know.

You'll have a fabulous time. Be sure to take some $1 bills -- it's standard to leave a buck with each song request -- and have some songs in mind. It's amazing how hard it can be to think of your favorite songs when you're busy singing others. Try not to request real obvious ones late in the night (like Under the Boardwalk, Margaritaville, etc) as they will probably have already sung them and usually won't do them again... If it's crowded though, you can also just let everyone else do the requesting!

Okay... too long. Must stop! Have fun!!

Thanks princess & bell.

Do you know if Espn still has the best Buffalo Wings? I think we may have these as a snack before JR's. I have never had them but read it somewhere.:p

The cover charge at Jellyrolls is now $7, and it's worth every penny.

Don't forget to bring a pen so you can request songs. The wait staff will provide you with all the napkins you want. If you have a special song you want to hear, put down at least a $5 so that they will make singing it a priority. I tend to just leave a decent tip on the piano without a request if I'm having a great time. Last time I was there, I showed up late, and put a $20 down to hear my favorite piano guy Scotty sing "Buttercup." They had already done it, but debated doing it for my $20 (using my name in the conversation because I had been there the night before and left some good tips on Scotty's piano--he came over to thank me during a break for him).

Jellyrolls does allow reentry. But, you're probably better off grabbing a bite before heading in. They only have popcorn there to snack on.

Have a great time, and be sure to let us know how much fun you had and who you got to see when you went there!

Karen

We tried Jellyrolls on our recent trip, and it wasn't too amusing because the audience wasn't very large, and the people who were requesting songs were requesting stuff like 1970s-era Billy Joel, Abba (not kidding), "What A Wonderful World", Everly Brothers, etc., and it was just sort of depressing. I know, I know, we should have requested something, but anything I requested would have seemed really out of place compared to the other requests, and I didn't want to be the center of attention...

Do they ever play any newer/trendier stuff, or is it all tired old Billy Joel/Jimmy Buffet, etc, 1970s fare?

Originally posted by thessaly
We tried Jellyrolls on our recent trip, and it wasn't too amusing because the audience wasn't very large, and the people who were requesting songs were requesting stuff like 1970s-era Billy Joel, Abba (not kidding), "What A Wonderful World", Everly Brothers, etc., and it was just sort of depressing. I know, I know, we should have requested something, but anything I requested would have seemed really out of place compared to the other requests, and I didn't want to be the center of attention...

Do they ever play any newer/trendier stuff, or is it all tired old Billy Joel/Jimmy Buffet, etc, 1970s fare?

They do seem to have a basic list of songs that they do every night (typical stuff you'd expect--Margaritaville, Under the Boardwalk, Buttercup, etc.). But, they will do different songs if they know them (especially if you tip them big). Some of the songs/bands I heard on my last trip were "Clocks" by Coldplay, "I would Walk 500 miles," a couple of Bon Jovi songs, some Bruce Springsteen, "Proud to Be An American," and "Big Yellow Taxi." They also did a TV theme song medley that started with the Brady Bunch, and ended with Spongebob Squarepants.

So if you want to hear something, ask. They really do seem to try to play everything.

Karen

Ah, cool. I had a feeling the place must be more fun with a larger crowd (this was during week of 9/11 this year), but there were only about three tables full. I figured things might loosen up if the crowd were larger... People were really only requesting songs that were already piano-based (hence all the Billy Joel). And like I said, I was too timid to make any requests, say, from the last decade, so I have only myself to blame. :)

Originally posted by thessaly
Ah, cool. I had a feeling the place must be more fun with a larger crowd (this was during week of 9/11 this year), but there were only about three tables full. I figured things might loosen up if the crowd were larger... People were really only requesting songs that were already piano-based (hence all the Billy Joel). And like I said, I was too timid to make any requests, say, from the last decade, so I have only myself to blame. :)

What time did you get there? I find that it doesn't start hopping until about 10:00. I tend to get there right at 8:00, and park my butt for the night. I enjoy the intimacy of the early evening, when the piano players are usually chatty, and just ask people what they want to hear. The first couple of hours tend to be a bit more mellow. But once it starts getting busier, and people drink more, it gets better.

Karen

Jellyrolls is great! I really like when they play "Jack & Diane" and bang the piano lids. It's just too fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter