Jedi Academy.... You don't get "picked" anymore?? What time??

rescuetink

DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! W
I was recently told that they no longer pick kids for the Jedi Academy, and that now you get there and stand in line. I understand why they would do this, how would your kid feel if they weren't "picked"... like the last kid on the playground to be picked, but only worse because your in Disney!?!? I know it's gotta be easier to tell your child that you just didn't get there in time, rather then telling them they weren't picked!!

Anyway, that being said, can anyone tell me what time the Jedi Academy is held each day?? :confused3

How soon should you be there to get in line?? :confused3

Do they generally take ALL the kids that are in line when their ready to start, or is there a specific number of kids they'll let get in line before they shut the line down?? :confused3

My son has watched the videos others have been putting on youtube, so now he's totally excited about attending the Jedi Academy!! He wants me to get him a light saber now so he can practice!! I told him you need an official one issued to him!!! :ssst:

Hmmmmmmmmm..... :scratchin which just made me think... :idea: do they GIVE them to the kids or do you have to purchase them?? :confused3

Thanks All!!! :thanks:

:disrocks:

Off hand I don't know the whole days schedule for the shows, but I can recommend being there for the first show which is 9:50 ish. When the park opens you should go straight to that area. They take the first 15 (I think that's the number) children in line. If you are not within that 15 you can chose to wait for the next show. You can not leave or you lose your spot. There have been children/families who have had to sit through a couple of shows before they could get there turn.

Each child is given an outfit and light saber to use for the show but they have to give them back immediately following the show.

Good Luck and have fun!

I understand why they would do this, how would your kid feel if they weren't "picked"...

... completely heartbroken, I learned from experience. I answered this question on another thread. My 6 year old and I sat through FIVE shows and he was not picked to go up on stage. He cried after each one - not an angry cry, but a truly pathetic cry with great big tears. It broke my heart, and was the worst part of our trip.:sad2:

The line up is definitely the way to go. I'm so glad they changed this. My little guy was not the only disappointed one, there were lots of kids who were unhappy not to be selected. This will help loads.:thumbsup2

You can check the schedule when you get into the park, but if I remember correctly, Jedi Training took place pretty much every hour, so if you miss one, you can always wait for another. Or another. Or another...

But be prepared, the area is not covered and is located at a dead end, which gets extremely hot in the mid-morning sun!! You may want to bring a towel or something to sit on or cover yourselves with. I could feel my arms burning while we waited.

It is a great treat though, and worth a reasonable wait, if your kids get called up.

check out

http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares

At the top of the page click on whatever park you want info for. He lists the showtimes for meet and greets, shows, and parades. He updates every weekend, so check back before your trip to make sure your information is up-to-date.

We were eating in the restaurant right across from Jedi training. We saw it going on and decided to wait in the air conditioning until a few minutes before the next one. We trot out the kids and then realize there's a big butt line of kids already waiting.

Our group wasn't upset, but wish we knew. I do agree the line is more fair for the kids.

My strategy would be to arrive at Rope Drop, ride TSM or fastpass then sprint to Jedi Academy and wait.

Where exactly is this in the park? My 7y/o is SW obsessed and has every light saber known to man, lol

It's right between Star Tours and Backlot Express, in the Echo Lake area of the park, where the parade ends.

check out

http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares

At the top of the page click on whatever park you want info for. He lists the showtimes for meet and greets, shows, and parades. He updates every weekend, so check back before your trip to make sure your information is up-to-date.

I searched for it... and I admit failure!!! :confused: (Obviously by this post!!!)

But you came through for me and I am eternally greatfull!!! :worship:

So glad they changed this. My son stood waiting for this show long before anyone even showed up and did not get picked. I was so upset for him and it has always been the one sore spot I have had with Disney.

I'm glad they changed it. Last time in Cali, with our two kids, my boy got picked first as he was waving and wearing an Anaheim Angels cap :thumbsup2, my daughter was quite reserved, but had her hand up. Thankfully she too got picked. It could have gotten real messy if only one of them got picked.

At least this way is fair, even if you have to wait in line longer.

Does anyone know if they added a line for the Pirate training thing at MK too? My middle son did not get picked one year (but my oldest did) and he sobbed for 10 minutes. He loves Jack Sparrow.

We were there over President's Week. We got in line at 9:25 for the 9:50 show. My kids were # 18 & 19 and both made it to the ground training. They took 24-30 for each show. If you are in the first 12-15 you will be on stage and the others on the ground in a roped off area. They do ask their age (you need to be 4-12) and two other ?'s. If they won't answer them they may not let them go is what we were told. They all did the show at the same time. Darth Vader fought the kids on stage and the Dark Sith fought the kids on the ground.

They took 24-30 for each show. If you are in the first 12-15 you will be on stage and the others on the ground in a roped off area.....They all did the show at the same time. Darth Vader fought the kids on stage and the Dark Sith fought the kids on the ground.

Wow - this sounds neat. We were there in December. My nephew waited in line and was on stage. At that point, they did not have a lower area and the Dark Sith...so,this sounds new and a new way to double the number of kids that can experience the show. Can't wait to see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!