Japan Trip 2021

Version 6

Mouseketeer
Hi Guys

We are a family of 4 (kids 6 and 8) in the very early stages of planning a trip to Japan in 2021, visiting from Australia.

It will be around a 3 week trip and we would like 4 or 5 Disney days.

Just wanted some suggestions from people here in terms of:

1. Which hotel/s to stay in to ensure least travel time to parks (our preference is a Disney Hotel);
2. What times of the year are good in terms of both weather and crowds;
3. I've seen that there are "vacation packages" available, which include accommodation, park tickets and FASTPASS. Do I have that right?
4. Just generally, what are good sites for information on Tokyo Disneyland?

I'm finding Tokyo Disneyland a lot hard to get information on than a trip to Anaheim, so any guidance/tips and places to look would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

gelatoni fan

DIS Veteran
1. Miracosta is closest to Disneysea. Disneyland Hotel is closest to Disneyland. In terms of closeness, you will be better staying at a Bayside station hotel (ex. Hilton, Sheraton) than Celebration.
2. The days immediately before or after Golden Week are ideal in terms of crowds/weather. January after the New Year event ends also has low crowds but will be cold and potentially have snow.
3. Yes. Vacation packages also include special seating for some shows which IMO is the most valuable benefit of the package.
4. TDR explorer has good info in English.

Version 6

Mouseketeer
Thanks for this response.

I had a few more questions if that's OK.

1. Are both Disneyland Hotel and Miracosta convenient walking distance to both parks? Or are they only walking distance to the park closest to each?
2. Are the two parks walking distance from each other?
3. What is mid-September like for crowds?
4. The TDR website seems to only allow for 2 day vacation packages, whereas we would like to stay for at least 4 nights. I'd also like to purchase the special fastpasses. Is this an option?
5. Does TDR have a MaxPass style system? Or do you need to go to a physical machine to take a fastpass?

Thanks in advance

gelatoni fan

DIS Veteran
1. No. You can't really walk to the other park but both are very close to their respective monorail station.
2. No. You would take the monorail between the two parks.
3. Crowds are not bad in September, especially right after the summer event ends but before the Halloween event starts. Going on the first few days of the Halloween event could see elevated crowds though. Obviously weekeneds and holidays are worse crowd-wise. TDR visitors are significantly more experienced and patient than Disneyland visitors so waits may still feel long to you at that time of t he year. Obviously, the post-virus world can be very different so take everything with a grain of salt. If you're there for a longer multi-day trip, I recommend going during the Halloween event so you'll have some extra seasonal shows to enjoy.
4. The fastpasses are included in the vacation package so you don't buy them separately. I think it's a max of 2 days but other people with more experience with vacation packages can help confirm.
5. TDR uses a fastpass system similar to Maxpass. You can go to physical machines for fastpass reminders and show lotteries or do it through the phone app. The phone app is currently in Japanese only and available in Japanese app stores. This forum's rules prohibit talking about getting the app if you do not have a residence in Japan.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.