Japan OPEN October 11th

moofern

Earning My Ears
Hot off the press:
Japan will resume visa-free entry for individual travelers on Oct. 11, Prime Minister Fumio Kishida announced Thursday in New York, bringing its border rules close to pre-pandemic norms for the first time in about two and a half years...
Starting on Oct. 11, short-term visitors that were exempt from visa requirements before the pandemic will no longer be required to apply for tourist visas. And with no need to book tours through travel agencies, it will be easier to visit.

Already booked flights and a 2 night stay at TDH over Thanksgiving week - can't wait!!

We will be there as well - flights and hotels booked. Going to Tokyo Disney over Thanksgiving too :)

There are still requirements though. This guy does an excellent job of laying it out. I am already booked as a Mom of a resident (so I had a Visa). But most of my time will be spent helping her apartment hunt. Those of you going for vacation, have a good time!!

There are still requirements though. This guy does an excellent job of laying it out. I am already booked as a Mom of a resident (so I had a Visa). But most of my time will be spent helping her apartment hunt. Those of you going for vacation, have a good time!!

With the exception of 3 shots of vaccine or pre-departure PCR, that info will be out of date starting October 11.

With the exception of 3 shots of vaccine or pre-departure PCR, that info will be out of date starting October 11.
Help me out here. I can't follow your correction. The video referenced is primarily about which vaccines are acceptable, which is getting very little play in the "REOPENING OCT 11" videos etc. What info are you saying will be out-of-date?

Help me out here. I can't follow your correction. The video referenced is primarily about which vaccines are acceptable, which is getting very little play in the "REOPENING OCT 11" videos etc. What info are you saying will be out-of-date?

Some news sources said Japan was thinking about changing the rules around masks in anticipation of foreigners coming in (ex. mandatory masks inside hotels rather than relying on people following social norms). I meant to imply there there is a chance of something changing but realized I didn't put any qualifying words in the sentence like "potentially".

Some news sources said Japan was thinking about changing the rules around masks in anticipation of foreigners coming in (ex. mandatory masks inside hotels rather than relying on people following social norms). I meant to imply there there is a chance of something changing but realized I didn't put any qualifying words in the sentence like "potentially".
Thanks for clarifying! I am so worried about people not getting into the country because of the vaccine info being disseminated, I totally forget about the masking piece. Here in the States, we had 50 sets of rules going on, so I just got used to doing whatever was required wherever I was. :-)

Thanks for clarifying! I am so worried about people not getting into the country because of the vaccine info being disseminated, I totally forget about the masking piece. Here in the States, we had 50 sets of rules going on, so I just got used to doing whatever was required wherever I was. :-)
Note: Japanese government (Ministry of Health) posted a clarification on their website this month that kids don’t need to meet Japan’s vaccination requirement as long as the parents meet the requirement.

For children under the age of 18 without a valid vaccination certificate, if they are accompanied by a guardian with a valid vaccination certificate and who will supervise the children, they will be treated as holders of valid vaccination certificates, and submission of the negative certificates is exempted the same as the guardian as an exception.

I would link to the FAQ where this was posted on the government site but this forum doesn’t seem to allow linking to it.

We fly on the 13th, had flights already booked and the timing has just worked out. Bit nervous to be first testers of the new system arrangements but also excited. Happy to take questions on how it all goes when we get back!

We fly on the 13th, had flights already booked and the timing has just worked out. Bit nervous to be first testers of the new system arrangements but also excited. Happy to take questions on how it all goes when we get back!
Have a great trip! There's no way it'll be like 2019 levels without the Chinese tourists, so once you get through health check/immigration, enjoy the elbow room. :-) I will be going in 2 weeks, but it is an apartment hunting trip, not a vacation. Other than a hotel room near my daughter's dorm, I have zero plans. So, if you could when you return, please post many pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter