January Line Waits

BeckWhy

<font color=FF99FF>The Tag Fairy prefers to remain
Possibly going Jan 6/7ish - 12/13ish... Whats the longest wait anyone has had around those times.. and what rides was it on?

We have been two times in the last three years in January the exact time frame you are talking. I can say that we got but didn't need the fast passes at all. Rides like test track were near walkons later in the day and 10-15 earlier. RnRc was about a 10-15 wait without fast pass, ToT was about 10 minutes. I would say the longest waits were for Dumbo, the cars on rails, and Peter pan. All were about 10-20 minutes. We never had anything over and like i said, many were 5 minutes or walk ons. If you do EE Buzz lightyears is a walkon for several rides before the crowds come in. It is the best time to go in my opinion because although the parks are not open as long, you don't wait around all day and get more bang for your buck.

We are also going in January. I'm hoping the lines are nice and short. It will be our first time ever and my DH will not ever want to go back if the lines are long. This trip is my idea and I'm hoping he'll have so much fun it will be a yearly tradition for us. I just found out that when we're there a Marathon will be happening and I'm wondering if that makes alot of difference. We will be arriving on that Saturday so my question is, which park would be the least crowded? We'll be there for a week so maybe I should wait. Although i don't think I can wait,I'm to excited already. So many decisions......

We are also going January 9-17. We chose this time to take 11 members of our family as it is a slower time of the year. A couple of years ago when we visited in January, you could almost walk on any ride. The waits were very short and the weather was great. A little cool in the mornings and evenings but just perfect during the touring hours of the day.

We have gone the last two years for the marathon in January.

We usually waited around 5 minutes if at all for most rides. Although we spend most of our time in Fantasy Land. The longest line we waited in all week was 20 minutes for the pirate boat ride (the one outside).

I did notice that most of the marathoners left by Tuesday, so the crowds lightened up after that (even with them it is not bad). We swear by this time of year, it is GREAT!

Christine

We went around Jan 10-17, 2001 and it was a great time to visit the parks because the lines were practically non-existant. I think the longest lines we saw were 15-20 minutes but so many things were 5 minutes or just walk-ons. You can get so much done without the lines! ;)

I am really hoping that early February will be the same way next year. :)

Well, for the people who have gone and come back, Can you do all the rides in the shorter days at Disney?

I think it is totally doable! Last year we took our girls, 6mo, 2, 3, & 4yo, and we had time to do everything at least twice. And we move SLOW, with so many little ones!

Christine

Originally posted by BeckWhy
Well, for the people who have gone and come back, Can you do all the rides in the shorter days at Disney?

Yes, sometimes more than once (depends on my mood).

We're going in January (never been in this month before). We are huge users of early entry...do we even need to get up that early if these rides are walk ons?

Originally posted by Jillpie
We're going in January (never been in this month before). We are huge users of early entry...do we even need to get up that early if these rides are walk ons?

IMHO, no.

We're doing a double digit jig over here now. Like most of you we are looking forward to the short lines and crowds. We want to really take it all in without the rush rush feeling. This is why we're going in Jan to begin with.

It seems like its only tomorrow. sort of.

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter