January 5th Cruisers!!!!

TinkerKat

<font color=coral>The only thing that "I own" that
How about a little Roll call!
It seems some new folks are posting about going on this
cruise.

I'm sailing with DH (celebrating my b-day on 9th)
and my three sons
Alex-15
Nick - 8
Christian - 4

This is our first cruise.. and we are sooooo excited!
9 days and counting:bounce:
Kathy

Hi Kathy

Sailing with DH and 3 DD's
Tiffany 11
Megan 10
Elizabath 8

My sister and DH & DD she is 5

This is our 2nd cruise and my Sister's first.

I hope we have nice weather.

Lisa

my family of three will be there.

Sue, Smoe and Dakota who is nine. We have been on three cruises, but this is a first with Disney. The countdown is here!!!

The thread that Sue first started is still running.....its dated december 19 and says something about received documents for Jan 5 cruise......

OK....we are me, Phyllis, dh Jim and dd Natalie turning 9(right after the cruise)

And Lisa...I see you have 10 & 8 yo girls....I will tell Natalie. I was afraid there weren't
going to be any girls her age and last year she met some girls at the hotel before the
cruise and they became fast and best cruise friends!!!!

As for your pin trading......email Barb at disneycruise@yahoo.com or go to her
web site castawayclub.com

DIS LUNCH
Sunday, Jan 6
meet in front of Mickey statue in front of Lumiere's
wear purple ribbons

Phyllis

:cool:

Thanks Phyllis!
I'm off to find my purple ribbons!
Hey is anyone packed yet?
I'm starting today. It's quite cold here in NY
so I'm in no rush to be running around.

So looking forward to seeing you all!
I started this thread for those who are just joining us.
Still hoping someone with Teenage boys will turn up.
Happy Packing!
Kathy

I only have to pick up the tuxedos and get them in a garment bag. Normally my guys don't dress up this much, and this time since i got such a good deal on the price, we went ahead and ordered tuxs.

I am ready to go!!!

Is anyone staying at the Hyatt at MCO the night before? We arrive around 11:00 a.m. Thought about getting a rental car, but then thought it would be a hassle since we have already purchased the disney transportation to the port and back.

See you soon. I have my purple ribbon!!!

Phyllis

I see you have 10 & 8 yo girls....I will tell Natalie. I was afraid there weren't

I told Megan & Elizabeth. When is her B-Day? I have one in Jan. too.

Thank you for the link to Barb, I will email her.

Lisa

Hi guys!

I've been checking out this site for weeks but never have posted until now. Sooo excited to see someone posted that is going Jan 5th. This is our first family cruise (bringing my mom too) and we have DH,
DD-Megan 12
DD-Emily almost 10
DS-Jake 9
DS-Myles 4

Only 6 days and counting down!! The temps here at home now is -2. Can't wait to feel that heat again!!

One thing I haven't seen posted on this site is the onboard ship credit you get ($250 per room) if you charge your cruise by American Express(White Glove). Its also good for other dates in 2002.

nanc

Nanc...welcome to the Jan 5 cruise

Would your family like to join other DIS'er for lunch on
SUnday, the 6th at 1130??? We are meeting in the lobby
by the Mickey statue and we are all wearing purple ribbons and
having lunch at Lumiere's.

Just let me know by Monday if you can...I'm calling DCL then
to see about arranging a big table for us. The children are
welcome if they want to come...mine is going to hold off
deciding until she sees what's going on in the Kids Club!!!

Anyway, we are so glad to have ya'll join us.

LISA...Natalie's actual bd is January 25. We were originally
scheduled to cruise that weekend..but had to change to the
earlier one because of DH schedule. SO I ordered her a basket
from The Perfect Gift and I am bringing her a few little presents
to open on the ship..I did this last year and she got a kick out of
it...couldn't figure out how Mickey and Minnie knew it was her
birthday.

A week from today ya'll.......we'll be on our way to the port by
this time....it's almost 0900 here right now.

Look for the purple ribbons.........

Phyllis

Nanc,

where are you flying out of from Iowa? We are departing on Friday very early from the Cedar Rapids airport. Dakota is the same age as your son.

We are looking forward to going. I live close to the Iowa City area. How about you? Where abouts in Iowa are you from?

Looking forward to meeting all the folks from this board...

OK....back from cleaing up spilled glitter and watching the
Magic glide by on TwoPalms.....the Good Lord willing....we will
be sailing past TwoPalms this time next week.......

Anyway....Sue....got Natalie some things to wear...all she has
are blue jeans and tee shirts(she wears uniforms to school).....so I got her a couple of outfits to wear....now she is running around the house in her bathing suit....lol

Well, I need to finish the laundry...

Oh, I got my purple ribbon.......

Phyllis

Count us in,
Me,
Big John (aka Wrench) & Mom (aka Mama Wrench)

Going Sunday to buy the purple ribbons

I can't wait, no more it's time.:bounce:

Big John

Hi Sue!
Glad to hear from an Iowan that is going too. Burr its cold here!!
We have two sons, one 4 and one 8 (plus our two daughters almost 10 and 12). Which age is yours closest to?
We are flying out of K.C. Thursday evening on a straight thru flight. Its the first time our kids have flown. I think I'm just as nervous as they are and its sure hard to calm their nerves down without me thinking too much about it. We haven't flown since 911.
I'm not sure we will meet up with everyone in the group but sure hope to run into some. I'll have to work on the purple ribbon thing.
I'm really worried about my four year old being seperated in the clubs from his siblings. He is pretty shy and very attached to his siblings. Not sure how well this may go.

What dinner seating do you have? We have late and have been on the wait list to get early seating for over a month but no luck. I'm worried with four kids that we might end up skipping the restaurants because my kids are usually eating about 4 and they will be soooo burned out by 8:30 (so I think but I'm sure I'm wrong).
I'm soooo excited to go!!

nanc:pinkbounc

Hey Nanc,
Just to let you know, My two little guys are 8 & 4
Looking forward to meeting you and Sue and the rest of this gang.

The only one I haven't found a "friend" for is my oldest son.
He's 15. I'm hoping there are enough teens on board!
Safe Trip!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

Kathy

Kathy-
Are we suppose to wear these purple ribbons just on that Sunday? Sorry, I got in this late! Once again, I doubt that our family will make it on Sunday for lunch but hope to run in to atleast some of you. I've learned sooooo much from this site that I can't believe it. If only I can have time to review all the pages (book) that I've printed out. My husband justs laughs.

Anybody staying at Embassy Suites at the airport before departure?

nanc

Nanc,

we have main seating. This is our fourth cruise, and i know that there is no way Dakota, who is 9, would be able to last until late seating. Maybe your kids will enjoy the kids activities so much that you might be able to leave them there so you can eat in the main dining rooms. You will really enjoy that.

I bought purple ribbon at walmart, and am tying it to my purse and our backpacks.

We are staying at the Hyatt before the cruise.

Time to bump this back up to 1st page!
5 days and counting!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :D

Hi guys!
Our family leaves on Thursday at noon to drive four hours to the airport for a two night stay in Orlando before departing on Sat.

I called DCL yesterday and no luck in getting switched to main seating yet. Anyone have any last minute ideas for a stressed out mom who wants to share these wonderful dinner memories WITH her children? DCL just told me to even call the day before we depart as there are occasions where families cancel the last minute (I can't imagine).

Any ideas from anyone??

What time is everyone arriving at the port? We are going early (limo should drop us at 10:30am). Just in case I do not get the purple ribbons (i just forgot again to get them) our family has bright yellow mickey head luggage tags.

Anyone stressed yet???

nanc

Nanc,

I am not sure what time we will get to the port. We get that information once we check in at the Hyatt because we purchased the Disney transportation.

Don't get too stressed. I am betting on the first night that the kids will be able to stay up for the late seating. Maybe on the sea days you could get the kids to take a nap in the afternoon, so they would be able to make it through dinner? Just a thought...

So far i have the purple ribbon tied to our backpacks. If we run into each other, i will give you some as i am taking the roll...

Hopefully something will work out and you will be able to switch to the early seating...

Take care, and maybe we will run into each other!!!

Hello All,
I get in Sat at 6:51 AM and will head for the bus stop, anyone know when the first bus pulls out for the ship?
Was told by DCL 800 # no one will be their intill 9 AM

less then 4 days and counting.

Big John
:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter