• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jan at Polynesian

kcdisneymom

Bought DVC 2002
We stayed in the regular DVC rooms, kids loved the split bathroom with slide doors. Concierge was super helpful getting my daughter a german chocolate cake for her birthday day and delivering it in the morning so she had a smile on all day. Teen loved the flatbread and daughter loved the thai meatballs. We all had fun checking up on Fancy the duck. Gotta love the Dole whip!

Was it noisy at all? I've heard that you can hear the people using the bathroom in the next room?

we literally stayed 3 rooms from the transportation center on the top floor. Not many people in our building. Didn't hear a thing.

we literally stayed 3 rooms from the transportation center on the top floor. Not many people in our building. Didn't hear a thing.

WE have a Grad trip with four girls in a standard Studio at the Poly Villas. We have requested that our Standard Villa and theirs be next to each other if possible. Did your villa have a connecting room in it? The Split bath is only one toilet right? Two showers? FOUR Teen Girls? or should I plan on my DD hitting our room for a shower?? Thanks!

Yes we had a door to the room next to ours. 1 toilet, 1 tub/shower, 1 awesome shower. In our family teenage girls take over all the bathrooms.

We stayed in the regular DVC rooms, kids loved the split bathroom with slide doors. Concierge was super helpful getting my daughter a german chocolate cake for her birthday day and delivering it in the morning so she had a smile on all day. Teen loved the flatbread and daughter loved the thai meatballs. We all had fun checking up on Fancy the duck. Gotta love the Dole whip!

I own and love Poly. I have no idea who Fancy the duck is. ??

Fancy was born next to the saltwater pool at the poly with disabled elbow joints. Because of this he can not fly. So he hangs at the pool with everyone. He doesn't get close to visitors but will swim while they are swimming. Staff looks out and cleans up after him. Occasionally other ducks fly in to hang with him too. You can search Fancy polynesian duck on facebook and a few pictures will come up.

Fancy was born next to the saltwater pool at the poly with disabled elbow joints. Because of this he can not fly. So he hangs at the pool with everyone. He doesn't get close to visitors but will swim while they are swimming. Staff looks out and cleans up after him. Occasionally other ducks fly in to hang with him too. You can search Fancy polynesian duck on facebook and a few pictures will come up.

OK...dumb question. Which is the saltwater pool? Twice when I've stayed in Tokelau, I've seen a duck swimming in the Oasis pool as if he owns it. So darn cute. I presume this is NOT the pool you're talking about, right?

OK...dumb question. Which is the saltwater pool? Twice when I've stayed in Tokelau, I've seen a duck swimming in the Oasis pool as if he owns it. So darn cute. I presume this is NOT the pool you're talking about, right?
I was told it was saltwater. Not the main pool but the one by the villas. We only got in the hot tub. Oh yeah!

I am very sad news about fancy and I’m currently here at the pool I was looking for him and a castmember asked me what I was looking for? I said I was looking for fancy the dock in the cast member started to cry apparently she disappeared and hasn’t turned up yet they’re hoping that somehow she healed and flew away and they’re waiting for her return. Everyone at the Polynesian was put on alert to look for her and there has been no sign of her but everybody is beside some cells missing her it’s funny that a duck poop so much joy happiness to people but even I waited all year long to come back to see my old friend fancy . If any of you happen to hear anything or see anything in the future would you please post here. Thank you

I am very sad news about fancy and I’m currently here at the pool I was looking for him and a castmember asked me what I was looking for? I said I was looking for fancy the dock in the cast member started to cry apparently she disappeared and hasn’t turned up yet they’re hoping that somehow she healed and flew away and they’re waiting for her return. Everyone at the Polynesian was put on alert to look for her and there has been no sign of her but everybody is beside some cells missing her it’s funny that a duck poop so much joy happiness to people but even I waited all year long to come back to see my old friend fancy . If any of you happen to hear anything or see anything in the future would you please post here. Thank you
Please report back any information on Fancy. My daughter and I are sitting here crying over a duck that we knew nothing about 5 minutes ago.

Please report back any information on Fancy. My daughter and I are sitting here crying over a duck that we knew nothing about 5 minutes ago.
I’m so sorry I upset you that was not my intention. If you would have herd how much the cast member who told me felt about Fancy. It was heartbreaking. What I do know is that no one on property has found any signs of her on property. Meaning she didn’t pass away here because they are all searching night and day so nothing bad happened here. They said the weirdest part is. Only 2 ducks have nested at Oasis Pool. Usually dozens of ducks take up residentcy here but none have returned all winter. This is very insually activity. So something weird is going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter