Jan 2021 Stay @ Poly Deluxe Studio - tips?

gabbyenovak

Earning My Ears
Hey All!

I just booked a stay at Poly in a Studio - Lake View from 1/11-1/17! I was not looking very seriously and came across this availability and could not say no! I'm super excited to have the lake view since we will be able to see the fireworks. I'm putting in a request for a 3rd floor room closer to the date. Does anyone have any tips for things to do on hotel property? I have only been there to go to the Aloha Dinner Show when I was in high school. This will be the second time going to WDW with my fiance and I am so excited to give him a "VIP" experience as he never travels.

Thanks for any and all tips! This can also be used to discuss things people like/dislike about the resort so long as it pertains to DVC accomodations or Polynesian Resort. :)

Congrats!

We own at Poly and love it there - particularly the Lake View. Do not be surprised if you get a number of responses telling you that the lake view rooms are "horrible" because of the ferry horns. I'm sure there are folks who are bothered by it, but we've never found it particularly bothersome, and in fact, we really feel it adds a lot to the overall vibe of the resort. If you think the noise may be a problem, request a room on the west end of the building (furthest from the TTC)

All the lake view villas are in Mo'orea, which is a 5 minute walk to the TTC. Very convenient for hopping the monorail to Epcot.

Assuming that it's a available again by January, consider doing the Twilight Feast on the room service menu. This is the full 'Ohana dinner that you can eat on your balcony while watching the Electric Water Pageant and MK fireworks. Very indulgent!

Spend some time at Trader Sam's. Get a Dole Whip (try the lemon!) At Pineapple Lanai, and get the pulled pork nachos at Cap'n Cook's. The Oasis pool is on the DVC side of the resort and is very nice. It is typically very quiet and not overly busy. There is a quick service and pool bar there as well. Both are excellent.

Make sure you take time during your trip to really enjoy the resort. If you spend all your time in the parks and "just sleep in your room", you'll be missing out on the most relaxing aspect of your vacation. Take the boat from the Poly dock to the MK instead of the ferry or Monorail. Is an incredibly relaxing ride and sets a great tone for your day. Go back to the resort early, grab a drink, have dinner and enjoy the fireworks from the beach or your balcony.

Enjoy

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter