Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

After much back & forth on the 1 bedroom villa that I just upgraded us to the other day... We decided to just book 2 separate rooms. I was afraid the sleeper sofa just wouldn't be comfortable enough for our DD & SIL. We were able to get the AP discounts for both rooms so it ended up being a smaller price difference than I had imagined. :)

Word of warning for anyone checking in this week- stop by the desk and have them double check your charging privileges if you plan on doing any room charges. They’ve had issues with online check-ins not showing in the system as having the ability to charge.

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2022 & 2023
If you have any updates please let me know…
June
6/17 - 6/25 preemiemama - AKL
6/29 - 6/30 DisneyDiana - Copper Creek
July
6/30 - 7/7 DisneyDiana - Jambo House
August
September
9/3 - 9/11 ktink - AKL
October

10/2 – 10/6 DgBg100106 - BWV

November
December

January
February
March
April
May

5/14 - 5/18 kanerf - Jambo House
We'll be there November 13-19, 2022. We can't wait!

Doing a regular cash room.
I’m here now and had to call for towels, trash, tea, and soap which they brought the next day.
I arrived on Monday and today was the only day they “cleaned” my room.
Basically they changed the towels and made the bed. Didn’t sweep the floors, replace the facial soap , or leave a fresh liner for the ice bucket.

Anyone ever able to book the Starlight Safari on day 1? We have a one night stay at AKL before our 2nd resort and it would be perfect to do the safari that night while staying at AKL but it seems very hard to get, unless you go later in your stay.
You should really book it a few weeks before you arrive. I tried to book it when I arrived and there were no spots available for my entire stay.
I called to see if there was a cancellation list but she said you just have to check online every day.
As of June 20, they were booked through the second week of July.

I’m here now and had to call for towels, trash, tea, and soap which they brought the next day.
I arrived on Monday and today was the only day they “cleaned” my room.
Basically they changed the towels and made the bed. Didn’t sweep the floors, replace the facial soap , or leave a fresh liner for the ice bucket.
We had to call for toilet paper today. The woman on the phone said, “I’m sending you two because no one should have to call for toilet paper!” 😂

Checking out of Jambo right now and noticing many (like us) hanging out in the lobby with our luggage. Either waiting to get into a room or to get airport transportation. I’ve seen it across hotels (when dining at other resorts). Not sure if it’s lack of enough housekeeping or whet but I’ve not noticed it previously…

Checking out of Jambo right now and noticing many (like us) hanging out in the lobby with our luggage. Either waiting to get into a room or to get airport transportation. I’ve seen it across hotels (when dining at other resorts). Not sure if it’s lack of enough housekeeping or whet but I’ve not noticed it previously…
Check out is 11.

Check in is 3pm for non-DVC rooms and 4pm for DVC rooms. Rooms are not guaranteed before then. People have the option to store their luggage and hit a park or Disney Springs. If they choose to hang out in the lobby hoping that will "grease the wheel" that is their prerogative. And if they are waiting for their ride back to the airport, where would you have them wait?

Housekeepers cannot turn a room until the previous occupants have left. And if your post is accurate - that you were not checking out until 11:37, YOU were late checking out and prevented housekeepers from getting in to turn the room any earlier.

Check out is 11.

Check in is 3pm for non-DVC rooms and 4pm for DVC rooms. Rooms are not guaranteed before then. People have the option to store their luggage and hit a park or Disney Springs. If they choose to hang out in the lobby hoping that will "grease the wheel" that is their prerogative. And if they are waiting for their ride back to the airport, where would you have them wait?

Housekeepers cannot turn a room until the previous occupants have left. And if your post is accurate - that you were not checking out until 11:37, YOU were late checking out and prevented housekeepers from getting in to turn the room any earlier.
We were out of the room before 10:45; I just happened to be posting at 11:37. AND I wasn’t saying there was another place FOR them to wait. Just saying It was way more prevalent THIS trip than what I’ve experienced in previous trips- and it wasn’t JUST as AKL. It was across resorts every day. It made me wonder what was different this time. It was an observation- that something was different in terms of the volume of people waiting this time. NOT a judgement on the people who were waiting. Am I not allowed to comment that it was more prevalent this trip??

We were out of the room before 10:45; I just happened to be posting at 11:37. AND I wasn’t saying there was another place FOR them to wait. Just saying It was way more prevalent THIS trip than what I’ve experienced in previous trips- and it wasn’t JUST as AKL. It was across resorts every day. It made me wonder what was different this time. It was an observation- that something was different in terms of the volume of people waiting this time. NOT a judgement on the people who were waiting. Am I not allowed to comment that it was more prevalent this trip??
It was your initial "not sure if it was a lack of housekeeping" that seemed like you were being critical.

Could be a combination of people doing "revenge travel" and airline issues - more people are trying to get the first flight out of the day to try to eliminate cancellations (definitely a thing - I was looking to change my flight and it would be an extra $500 to change to the first flight of the day), flights could have been changed late enough that people leaving couldn't do anything that day, etc.

It was your initial "not sure if it was a lack of housekeeping" that seemed like you were being critical.

Could be a combination of people doing "revenge travel" and airline issues - more people are trying to get the first flight out of the day to try to eliminate cancellations (definitely a thing - I was looking to change my flight and it would be an extra $500 to change to the first flight of the day), flights could have been changed late enough that people leaving couldn't do anything that day, etc.
Yes the airlines are a mess lately- condensing/changing flights, overbooking, etc. but there’s also a lack of housekeeping personnel at the hotels. Disney is having issues staffing these positions- as well as restaurant staff.

Again, my observation is that there were more people in the lobby for longer/later periods of time. A departure from previous trips- and a lack of housekeeping staff could definitely be a contributing factor. It’s also something I think people need to be aware of- the lobby at AKL was crowded all day/into the evening.

Again, my observation is that there were more people in the lobby for longer/later periods of time. A departure from previous trips- and a lack of housekeeping staff could definitely be a contributing factor. It’s also something I think people need to be aware of- the lobby at AKL was crowded all day/into the evening.
We noticed this too. I agree, housekeeping is a likely factor. When I checked in at the front desk at 3:00 I was told the room was clean, but the inspection had not been completed. Our room wasn't ready until 3:40. Also, with the park reservation system and AP sales restriction, it may be fewer people are going to parks on check-in and check-out days. When we had APs, we would always pop over to a park for a couple hours on arrival day and departure day, but with having to buy regular tickets we only bought for number of days we were able to be there all day.

We noticed this too. I agree, housekeeping is a likely factor. When I checked in at the front desk at 3:00 I was told the room was clean, but the inspection had not been completed. Our room wasn't ready until 3:40. Also, with the park reservation system and AP sales restriction, it may be fewer people are going to parks on check-in and check-out days. When we had APs, we would always pop over to a park for a couple hours on arrival day and departure day, but with having to buy regular tickets we only bought for number of days we were able to be there all day.
I think you head the nail on the head. It has to do with limited APs. I know we were planning on buying AP for xmas gifts and got locked out of them. If we had APs we would go down for a few hours on check in day and check out day, but now we have to pay such expensive prices for tickets, we will not be paying full price for a few hours in the park. We will do Disney Springs and the resort on those days.

In the past they offered free tours that we enjoyed during our last stay. (African art around the resort, Sanaa, Boma) Do they still do these? If so, is there a current list with times/details? I did not see anything on the recreation calendar for the resort.
No, unfortunately those tours have not returned.

June
July
August
September
9/3 - 9/11 ktink - AKL
October

November
December

January
February
March
April
May

Can I be added? We are going back to AKL Jambo House on November 27 through December 3.

June
July
August
September
9/3 - 9/11 ktink - AKL
October

November
December

January
February
March
April
May

We will be there in less than 30 days!!
July 24th through July 28th.
We are staying in Kidani

June
July
August
September
9/3 - 9/11 ktink - AKL
October

November
December

January
February
March
April
May

Please add us! We will be at AKL from 8/22-8/27

June
July
August
September
9/3 - 9/11 ktink - AKL
October

November
December

January
February
March
April
May

We will be at Jambo House (AKL) Aug 30 & 31

....Also, what type of coffee makers are now in standard rooms? I hate that the coffee doesn't start getting served till MUCH later than this old body wakes up :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter