Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

trishadono, Thank you for the wonderful photos. Such a beautiful resort! We love the Boma breakfast buffet and Jiko for Dinner:)
I didn't catch this for a while myself. Did you know if you stick the @ in front if the username it will show in their alert that there is a comment.

Like this @PrincessPaczki

OH glad you enjoyed the pix.

Some pix I missed:

The afternoon drink station

IMG_0114_zpsrtxdvauf.jpeg

View from the elevator balcony

Pool area

Last edited:
IIUC, the lounge is on the 6th floor, CL rooms on the 4th, lobby/pool on the 2nd. And, there is a stair between floors 5/6 but to connect other floors, you need to use the elevators. Am I right?

Thanks again for your detailed posts about the AKL, I appreciate having so much details! That makes anticipating much easier!

There definitely used to be stairs (and not fire escape ones either). I can't remember the exact location but if you go down the stairs from the lounge to the fifth floor and then walk back under the lounge towards the elevators they should be somewhere on your right I think.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place:
We are using the meal plan for our meals in the park but want to try to use a snack credit for breakfast at The Mara. What would be the best "filling" snack credit breakfast items like a large muffin or the like? I've seen several pictures of the menus and one picture of the freezer but would like the expert opinions :) Thank you!
Sorry, I have never done the dining plan. I priced it out and it appeared I would pay more with the plan vs out of pocket. Family of 4 but really light eaters.

The resorts r pretty helpful. I have seen people ask about snacks often. I think in the stores/restaurants have labels now if it's a snack.

I'm sure you'll find something yummy.

Sorry, I have never done the dining plan. I priced it out and it appeared I would pay more with the plan vs out of pocket. Family of 4 but really light eaters.

The resorts r pretty helpful. I have seen people ask about snacks often. I think in the stores/restaurants have labels now if it's a snack.

I'm sure you'll find something yummy.
Dining plan doesn't work for our family either.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place:
We are using the meal plan for our meals in the park but want to try to use a snack credit for breakfast at The Mara. What would be the best "filling" snack credit breakfast items like a large muffin or the like? I've seen several pictures of the menus and one picture of the freezer but would like the expert opinions :) Thank you!
I often use a snack credit to grab a fruit bowl (usually has grapes & melon slices) from the Mara to eat for breakfast. I put coffee in my refillable mug & if the weather is nice I like to eat at the tables over by the Uzima savanna overlook (veer left around the pool.) For a couple maybe split a muffin & a fruit bowl for 2 snack credits?

Counting down to our trip and trying to decide on making a room request...

Which leads me to my savanna view question... Are there zebras on the Arusha savanna? I've read conflicting info.

So excited!!! Thanks!

Counting down to our trip and trying to decide on making a room request...

Which leads me to my savanna view question... Are there zebras on the Arusha savanna? I've read conflicting info.

So excited!!! Thanks!

Here are some animals in the Arusha from January.

They give you a sheet with the animals listed and where they are from.

Ds19didnt want to go to akl but of course he loved looking for animals on the sheet like he did when he was there last at age 6:)
IMG_0184.JPG IMG_0428.JPG

IMG_0140.JPG IMG_0139.JPG

Here are my pix from my recent cl stay I posted on the CL thread.
Lounge:
Disney's Club Level (CL) Information and Questions

Breakfast: Disney's Club Level (CL) Information and Questions

Afternoon snacks and tea time: Disney's Club Level (CL) Information and Questions

Evening appetizers and desserts: Disney's Club Level (CL) Information and Questions
Thanks for all of this. Can you tell me if you have to request turndown every day, or do they do it automatically? We are staying CL starting tomorrow!

Thanks for all of this. Can you tell me if you have to request turndown every day, or do they do it automatically? We are staying CL starting tomorrow!
They came around 5pm. For cl we didn't have to request. One day my son was still in the room and he just asked for the chocolates and she gave him many.

All days but one they had our room done prior to us returning for our afternoon break.That day I asked the maid for fresh towels and gave her our garbage and dirty linens when she arrived and the kids were in bed. I threw the stack on the shelf . Later that night when we returned I found that at turndown they took the time to fold and place the towels and such in the usual racks and bars. Very nice.

Enjoy your stay:flower1:

I think I have covered about everything from our stay I wanted to share except this.

Our last night we got off bus at Kidani and tried to walk to Jambo. In the dark it was very confusing to find our way. We assumed you walked thru the building to the end but NO!

I have to say I don't mind walking for the most part. I have stayed at values and mods and didn't mind those. However it felt very inconvenient to get from Kidani to Jambo for the restaurants and shops. Maybe it was because it was our last night and we were tired but it was a long walk!

Also it was pretty secluded too. We were lucky to finally find a family to follow that knew were to go lol. I walk from MK to Cr in the dark and Poly/gf and enjoy that. If I wasn;t with my kids I think in the dark I would not have liked that walk.

I say that because I often go walking and exploring at bedtime to enjoy the resorts. I really just felt that walk was dark and secluded vs other places.

Overall tho it was a lovely resort. Very quiet and peaceful. Except for during the day when they did drums in the lobby but that was fun!!!

I think I have covered about everything from our stay I wanted to share except this.

Our last night we got off bus at Kidani and tried to walk to Jambo. In the dark it was very confusing to find our way. We assumed you walked thru the building to the end but NO!

I have to say I don't mind walking for the most part. I have stayed at values and mods and didn't mind those. However it felt very inconvenient to get from Kidani to Jambo for the restaurants and shops. Maybe it was because it was our last night and we were tired but it was a long walk!

Also it was pretty secluded too. We were lucky to finally find a family to follow that knew were to go lol. I walk from MK to Cr in the dark and Poly/gf and enjoy that. If I wasn;t with my kids I think in the dark I would not have liked that walk.

I say that because I often go walking and exploring at bedtime to enjoy the resorts. I really just felt that walk was dark and secluded vs other places.

Overall tho it was a lovely resort. Very quiet and peaceful. Except for during the day when they did drums in the lobby but that was fun!!!
Thanks for all of your tips and info. I am very excited. We have stayed a couple of times at AKL Jambo House, but it was a while ago, and we have never stayed CL there. My husband was so happy to see your photos of the breakfast offerings! He loves Quinoa.

Thanks for all of your tips and info. I am very excited. We have stayed a couple of times at AKL Jambo House, but it was a while ago, and we have never stayed CL there. My husband was so happy to see your photos of the breakfast offerings! He loves Quinoa.
Glad to help!

We really did enjoy cl there. There was lots of seating and lots of food.

I tried the quinoa one day there were diced apples in it. Yum

I understand the long walk. Dh and I tried going from Kidani to Jambo one relatively hot afternoon. It was daylight and we found the way confusing and very long! LOL! We ended up taking the shuttle van back to Kidani.

We are down to five days before we leave and I am getting excited! I went ahead and made up a gift basket of things from our family's local areas. We plan on giving it to the CM's in Club on our arrival day. I only put 3-4 of each item in the basket hoping that there will not be more CM's than that.

I too loved your pictures and have shared them with our family.

I understand the long walk. Dh and I tried going from Kidani to Jambo one relatively hot afternoon. It was daylight and we found the way confusing and very long! LOL! We ended up taking the shuttle van back to Kidani.

We are down to five days before we leave and I am getting excited! I went ahead and made up a gift basket of things from our family's local areas. We plan on giving it to the CM's in Club on our arrival day. I only put 3-4 of each item in the basket hoping that there will not be more CM's than that.

I too loved your pictures and have shared them with our family.
That walk right? lol

Sweet doing that basket.

Enjoy your stay:flower1:

Here are some animals in the Arusha from January.

They give you a sheet with the animals listed and where they are from.

Ds19didnt want to go to akl but of course he loved looking for animals on the sheet like he did when he was there last at age 6:)

Thank you for the pics! That helps a lot!

Does any one know if the Jambo House 2 bedroom Suites (not DVC) have high chairs in them?

I have a question. I am very excited to be staying in a pool view bunk bed room at AKL in Dec 17. A co-worker just returned and did nothing but complain about the bus system. She said buses were always full since they pick up at Kidani first and normal wait time to board a bus was 45 minutes. I am getting nervous and I am hoping that some of you can post some good transportation stories for me. I am so excited to stay there for the first time!!

We had a great bus experience in November. We also stayed at Jambo house. The bus times posted on the monitors was accurate. We never waited more then 15 minutes. The bus picked up at Jambo first and then kidani for HS, Epcot, and AK. Coming back we dropped at kidani first. For MK, we had our own bus and when leaving MK, Jambo and Kidani have separate stops.

Twice we got to the bus stops and there was a big crowd. This happened one morning going from Jambo to MK and another time coming back from one of the parks. Both times I figured we would have a long wait since we would have to wait for the next bus. Both times, two busses pulled up together to fit everyone waiting.

We had two small kids and a double stroller. I have no bus complaints.

Does any one know if the Jambo House 2 bedroom Suites (not DVC) have high chairs in them?
If you don't get an answer try the CL thread.

My only suite was the hospitality suite at CR and that didn't have one. My villa 1 and 2br did.

It may be possible to request one since they have them for the villas. Good luck :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter