Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I have a question. I am very excited to be staying in a pool view bunk bed room at AKL in Dec 17. A co-worker just returned and did nothing but complain about the bus system. She said buses were always full since they pick up at Kidani first and normal wait time to board a bus was 45 minutes. I am getting nervous and I am hoping that some of you can post some good transportation stories for me. I am so excited to stay there for the first time!!

I have a question. I am very excited to be staying in a pool view bunk bed room at AKL in Dec 17. A co-worker just returned and did nothing but complain about the bus system. She said buses were always full since they pick up at Kidani first and normal wait time to board a bus was 45 minutes. I am getting nervous and I am hoping that some of you can post some good transportation stories for me. I am so excited to stay there for the first time!!
I stayed at AKL this past October and I thought the buses were ok. Some were very full at night on the way back from the parks, but that's to be expected. It was not a 45 minute wait to board when I was there, and I liked the monitors that show when the buses will arrive.

We had dedicated buses the whole week. Best buses I ever had. I never stood once and that was rope drop each morning and park closing at nights. The only shared buses were from the parks (except MK) to hotel but that was only a min or 2 and not a big deal

We had dedicated buses the whole week. Best buses I ever had. I never stood once and that was rope drop each morning and park closing at nights. The only shared buses were from the parks (except MK) to hotel but that was only a min or 2 and not a big deal

It's the first time I heard bus were shared from the park to the AKL. By any luck, do you remember what the other stops for the buses were?

It's the first time I heard bus were shared from the park to the AKL. By any luck, do you remember what the other stops for the buses were?
For us all the buses to the park was only from Jambo. Leaving the parks it was shared except MK. I may have been lucky but our buses were so empty. 8:30 am and not to have to stand was nice.

It also seemed faster too. Its hard to describe but since I have stayed at all except SSR I can compare them in my head. You didn't have as many red lights/stop signs so the buses felt like it was a fast trip. With over 50 disney resort stays this was the best transportation I had ever had. Probably helped it was January but I do often go in Jan to compare to.

Hey @trishadono did you find any convenient stairs to take from your room to either the lounge or lobby? Or did you mainly just take elevators.

Hey @trishadono did you find any convenient stairs to take from your room to either the lounge or lobby? Or did you mainly just take elevators.
Elevators.

I only saw that set of stairs in the corner of the lounge but I thought it only went to 5th floor so why bother, I would still need elevator to 4th.

Last edited:
Here are the last of the pix:

Elevators.

I only saw that set of stairs in the corner of the lounge but I thought it only went to 5th floor so why bother, I would still need elevator to 4th.

OK thanks!
(all of my little emoji faces are gone....or I would insert a smile face here!)

Here are photos room 4423 club level.

LOL you can see DD champagne was gone and I was enjoying mine and sharing my trip with you all.

Trish, are the CL rooms all on one floor? When I look to book it says club access. I like having CL on the same floor as our room. It was very inconvenient at Portofino Bay having to go downstairs and to the lobby for the lounge

Sorry if this is in the wrong place:
We are using the meal plan for our meals in the park but want to try to use a snack credit for breakfast at The Mara. What would be the best "filling" snack credit breakfast items like a large muffin or the like? I've seen several pictures of the menus and one picture of the freezer but would like the expert opinions :) Thank you!

Trish, are the CL rooms all on one floor? When I look to book it says club access. I like having CL on the same floor as our room. It was very inconvenient at Portofino Bay having to go downstairs and to the lobby for the lounge
The rooms are on the 4th floor. I posted pix of the location but I think I put on the other AKL thread lol.

Here I found them for you; http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...tion-questions.3332021/page-255#post-56949955

Our room 4423 was a prime location. Not too far to lounge and good animal viewing. On an end so less noise too. Loved it.

Last edited:
Elevators.

IIUC, the lounge is on the 6th floor, CL rooms on the 4th, lobby/pool on the 2nd. And, there is a stair between floors 5/6 but to connect other floors, you need to use the elevators. Am I right?

Thanks again for your detailed posts about the AKL, I appreciate having so much details! That makes anticipating much easier!

IIUC, the lounge is on the 6th floor, CL rooms on the 4th, lobby/pool on the 2nd. And, there is a stair between floors 5/6 but to connect other floors, you need to use the elevators. Am I right?

Thanks again for your detailed posts about the AKL, I appreciate having so much details! That makes anticipating much easier!
There probably are stairs somewhere in case of fire. I think I saw a door for them but just not sure.

Funny my dd has stayed at so many hotels she said it did nt seem right that the waiting area for fine restaurants is by the door with families running in and out with their swimsuits.:rolleyes1

Oh, you are welcome. :daisy:I had such a hard time getting details myself I took lots of pix hopefully that would help someone else. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter