Jambo or Kidani?

babyflo1

Earning My Ears
Traveling with DH, 2 children and sister in October 2013. Has anyone stayed at either resort that can tell pros/cons of either? Kidani is slightly more expensive, I think because of extra bathroom and more sq feet. If I get my groceries delivered how to choose? Not going for the savanna view to save $$ but want to do a safari. Any advice?

Traveling with DH, 2 children and sister in October 2013. Has anyone stayed at either resort that can tell pros/cons of either? Kidani is slightly more expensive, I think because of extra bathroom and more sq feet. If I get my groceries delivered how to choose? Not going for the savanna view to save $$ but want to do a safari. Any advice?

They offer an evening safari that includes dinner at Jiko, so it is pricy and there is an age limit to it. The Sunrise Safari requires a concierge stay.

Even though I'm a DVC member, I much prefer Jambo over Kidani. To me the lobby and overall theming is more impressive. It is my favorite resort on property because I swear I'm in Africa! I could stay here without going to the parks. Kidani, to me, feels more like an apartment complex with African decorations. Consider a savanna view instead of the safari. Watching the animals come in while sipping coffee in your pjs in the morning (or champagne at night) is amazing!

I prefer the rooms in Kidani so much over Jambo. And the walk or shuttle to Jambo is short. You can experience the best of both.

I have stayed at every deluxe and DVC except for Poly and Kidani gets my vote for favorite resort.

Even though I'm a DVC member, I much prefer Jambo over Kidani. To me the lobby and overall theming is more impressive. It is my favorite resort on property because I swear I'm in Africa! I could stay here without going to the parks. Kidani, to me, feels more like an apartment complex with African decorations. Consider a savanna view instead of the safari. Watching the animals come in while sipping coffee in your pjs in the morning (or champagne at night) is amazing!

Ditto. Our room at kidani was too far from the lobby. Also, not having counter service in the mornings was a bummer. And because of our room location, we basically drove everywhere during the trip because it was more convenient than walking to the buses. We will be staying at Jambo next time we stay at AKL. Everything is more convenient and you have 3 restaurants and a much larger gift shop there.

I've stayed at & visited both several times. Kidani is smaller & more intimate, Jambo is larger & more lively. There's more to do at Jambo & the lobby & shop are much more impressive. I like the rooms better at Kidani.

If I'm traveling with adults only, I prefer Kidani for the solitude. After a day in the parks its so nice to return to peace & quiet.

If I'm travelling with kids, I prefer Jambo because its closer to all the hustle & bustle.

Very helpful points of view for both. We are thinking about AKL for our next stay and renting points. Looks like you can't go wrong either way as there are pros and cons for each side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter