Jambo House vs Kidani

FinnFogg

Mouseketeer
I know there are numerous threads about the pros and cons between Jambo and Kidani, and I’m pretty up to speed on the differences. We’ve stayed at Kidani, and have had the opportunity to wander over to Jambo house to check out the lobby area. The point of this thread is to seek some honest advice as to whether a Jambo House stay would be right for us.

We are a family of 5 and are taking my parents (in their 70s) for their first WDW trip next March. We were super excited to stay at Kidani, having just closed an AkL resale purchase and given the layouts of the two bedroom rooms (not lock-off, extra bathroom, etc) However, I’ve just learned that the pool at Kidani will be closed for refurbishment during our stay! My parents plan to have a lot of ‘resort days’ and my mom has repeatedly said that all she is looking forward to is relaxing by the pool. 🤦🏼‍♀️

So the options are to go with Jambo house (lock-off room, 1 less bathroom and higher SV floor), stick with Kidani and have my parent bus to the pool at the other location (which I think they will hate), or look at another resort entirely.

Any thoughts or views on whether the Jambo lock off two bedroom would be a good fit for us, our kids (12, 10 and 8) and my parents?

Lock off is always a good idea with Grandparents! You will love Jambo. I wouldn’t worry about one less bathroom for your situation. If the pool is important, you won’t regret Jambo over Kidani.

This is the first I've heard of the Kidani Pool being closed for refurbishment. I have an upcoming stay at Kidani this summer. Hopefully it's not then-it would be the worst time to close a pool since it's so hot.

DVC site ...
"From January 2022 through April 2022, the Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village will be closed for refurbishment. "

Kidani’s wifi is terrible, like worse than normal Disney wifi terrible, which is a low bar. I had to use my phone tether to work there.

Never stayed Jambo, but I would imagine it has better wifi, as it used to have plenty of cash guests who aren’t entertained by this kind of issue.

I'd stick with Kidani for the extra bathroom and better master bedroom. Just tell your mom about the great places to sit and watch the animals on the savanna at Kidani, plus the shuttle between the two buildings. Be a hero and give your mom and dad the master bedroom and she can enjoy sitting in the jetted tub.

Or book SSR (newly renovated) at seven months out.

We always stay at Jambo and love it. The bathroom situation wouldn’t be a huge deal for me, but it can be a lot of walking from the rooms to the lobby/transportation so I would request a room close to the entrance if walking is a concern.

Well, we prefer Jambo to Kidani anyway. I would err with on being close to the pool as opposed to having the extra bathroom. Our kids will sleep in the living room in 2 bedrooms and just use our bathroom in the master. :) We also really prefer the dining at Jambo, so another plus for that!

Kidani’s wifi is terrible, like worse than normal Disney wifi terrible, which is a low bar. I had to use my phone tether to work there.

Never stayed Jambo, but I would imagine it has better wifi, as it used to have plenty of cash guests who aren’t entertained by this kind of issue.

Ive had wifi I couldn't even stream from and had to switch to cellular(to stream) at almost ALL of the DVC resorts :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter