Jaleo: An Appreciation

gmi3804

Gonna ruin Maw’s birthday
DVC Silver
We had an extraordinary meal at Jaleo, at Disney Springs, on Tuesday night. The irony is that the best restaurant at Disney isn't owned by Disney at all.

1709833964627.jpeg
1711290142050.jpeg
Sipping Vermut at the bar before dinner

1709833997490.jpeg
L-R: Cono de Mero Crudo y Escalivada:
Cone of Florida Atlantic Red Grouper Tartare with Escalivada;
Coca de escalivada con boquerones:
Josper roasted red bell pepper, eggplant and onion with boquerones (fresh anchovy)

1709834009411.jpeg
Bikini de jamón con queso Manchego: Pressed sandwich of Serrano and Sweet ham with Manchego cheese

1709834021655.jpeg
Plato mixto de Croquetas:
A selection of both Chicken and Jamón Ibérico de Bellota fritters

1709834034709.jpeg
Mero con salsa de Mejillones al Azafrán:
Josper Grilled Mero with roasted leeks and a Mussels Saffron cream sauce

1709834051217.jpeg
Secreto ibérico de bellota:
Secreto ibérico cooked on the basque grill and served with pan con tomate

1709834064340.jpeg
Tarta de queso vasca:
“Burnt” Basque goat cheesecake; Fresh strawberry sorbet; a glass of Spanish sherry

1709834076233.jpeg
El vino tinto

Attachments

• 1709833981544.jpeg
    1709833981544.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 405
Last edited:

It's a big place and, for better and worse, doesn't seem to attract the typical WDW guest; there's not a filet to be found here! I don't think there's any danger of the FOMO kicking in.
I was just joking but I totally agree with you about Jaleo. It's the only restaurant on property that I would visit if it was outside the bubble.

I have yet to go to the Disney Springs one because I'm the DC area a lot for family and usually go to that one, but it's always amazing.

Been going to Disney for years, just made to Jaleo. Amazing! So sad I waited so long.

It was such a memorable meal. They had a lunch tasting menu when I was there. It was extremely good value when I was there and so, so good. I have heard his restaurants in Las Vegas are amazing too.

Now you've made me need to fit Jaleo into my next Disney trip.

He's got at least 6 restaurants in the DC area, very popular. As a non-foodie I have not been to any but my DD has.

Had a great experience last Sept with the Orlando Magical Dining promotion. Think $40 for 3 course meal. Choices restricted but excellent meal. If you're at WDW from mid August to Oct 1 check out the promotion. Only downside to Jaleo that night were wild kids near my table climbing up and swinging off the metal chains decor. :rolleyes2 But its Disney Springs and that could happen at any restaurant.

We enjoyed Jaleo at DS very much when we got there for the first time about 2 years ago. It was an outstanding experience, and we will be back.

Question, I've taken a look at the menus and reviews, but really can't find much information. I do not do any sort of spicy, nor peppers. Would there be enough choices for me to still enjoy a meal here?

Question, I've taken a look at the menus and reviews, but really can't find much information. I do not do any sort of spicy, nor peppers. Would there be enough choices for me to still enjoy a meal here?
Spanish food isn't spicy/hot. If there are any hot spices or peppers, they'll be very sparingly used, for a slight kick, but nothing blow-your-head-off like in Mexican, Szechuan or Indian cuisines. There are a good number of bell peppers, but most of the time they're chopped really small, or pureed into a sauce.

Another thing not to be missed, which we didn't have at our meal last week, is the Jamon Iberico, the cured Spanish ham from the prized black Iberico pigs. The flavor is off-the-charts. It's not cheap; this is one ounce, which I believe was $35, but worth every dollar.

1710343214429.jpeg

Spanish food isn't spicy/hot. If there are any hot spices or peppers, they'll be very sparingly used, for a slight kick, but nothing blow-your-head-off like in Mexican, Szechuan or Indian cuisines. There are a good number of bell peppers, but most of the time they're chopped really small, or pureed into a sauce.

See, that's what I'm worried about, I do not like peppers, at all.

Was wondering about the Chef's tasting menu and if anyone has had that. I love Spanish food so no worries there - but I am a small eater and can't put it away (unlike my DH). Would it be too much food? Was wondering if I should just stick to a couple of tapas or try the Chef's menu? Recommendations anyone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter