Jacksonville FL. traffic

crzy4dsny

Yes, I'm Grumpy
Driving from Long Island to Kingsland GA, which is about 3 miles out of Florida. We will be leaving Kingsland for Disney around 7am on a Tuesday morning. We have done this several times before but always on a Sunday. What kind of traffic could I expect on a weekday morning around Jackonsville?

You will encounter heavy traffic during J-ville rush hour. Best to get there before or after the traditional rush hour times or find a way to go that bypasses J-ville traffic around the 95 interchanges (I don't know what way that might be, we just try to avoid rush hour).

Use 295 around Jacksonville. It totally avoids all of the mess of the city, maybe adds 15 minutes onto your trip. Also use SR417 instead of I-4 through Orlando (about $7.00 in tolls). We did this in June and it made the trip SO MUCH BETTER. The only thing you miss is the inevitable slowdowns (and lots of billboards for Disney on I-4).

1. Take exit number 362B on your RIGHT to get on I295 S. Drive for
34.4 miles.
2. Take exit number 61A on your RIGHT to get on I95 S towards
DAYTONA BCH. Drive for 76.5 miles.
3. Take exit number 260B on your RIGHT to get on I4 W towards
ORLANDO. Drive for 30.4 miles.
4. Take exit number 101AB on your RIGHT to get on SR417 S
towards CR46A / SR417TOLL / INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTS / SANFORD.
5. Take exit 6 for International Dr/FL -536 toward FL-535/ I-4 E; go 0.7
6. Slight left at World Center Dr go 0.6
7. Take the 1st right onto S Apopka Vineland Rd go 2.1 mi
8. Turn left at Palm Pkwy; go 62 ft
9. Continue onto County Rd 535/State Rd 535/Winter Garden Vineland Rd
10. Turn left on Buena Vista Drive for Downtown Disney Entrance

Take the East route toward the beaches on 9 much easier to drive a little shorter than 295 an doesn't have the traffic the city has, and 295 also. Nice roads..

Take the East route toward the beaches on 9 much easier to drive a little shorter than 295 an doesn't have the traffic the city has, and 295 also. Nice roads..

I agree. The eastern beltway around Jacksonville is shorter and also comes with a spectacular suspension bridge to drive over. It's still labeled as SR 9A although in the future it too will carry the I-295 sign.

BobK/Orlando

We have changed our plans. Now we are going to drive straight thru to Disney with out stopping in Kingsland. I'm thinking I will be in the Jacksonville area any where between 5 and 6:30 pm. I guess I could expect the same traffic this time of day as in the morning? The eastern beltway is the better option?

We have changed our plans. Now we are going to drive straight thru to Disney with out stopping in Kingsland. I'm thinking I will be in the Jacksonville area any where between 5 and 6:30 pm. I guess I could expect the same traffic this time of day as in the morning? The eastern beltway is the better option?

Yes, it completely bypasses downtown and puts you back on I-95 south of the city. You may still have some heavy traffic up to the first 3 exits after you return to I-95 but after that it should open up. I-95 is three lanes each way to I-4 in Daytona Beach. Avoid the far right lane until you pass the Ponte Vedre Beach exit where backed up exit traffic stops out on the interstate!

BobK/Orlando

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter