Jack Skellington - Hero or Villain?

HollywoodTowerHotel

You unlock this door with the key of imagination..
Happy Halloween! I plan to watch one of my favorites later - The Nightmare Before Christmas.

It got me thinking about going to Disney and looking at all of the Jack Skellington Merchandise in HS at Villains in Vogue. I wonder though, is Jack really a villain?

Let's discuss!

Happy Halloween! I plan to watch one of my favorites later - The Nightmare Before Christmas.

It got me thinking about going to Disney and looking at all of the Jack Skellington Merchandise in HS at Villains in Vogue. I wonder though, is Jack really a villain?

Let's discuss!

I would call him a reformed villian :). Kinda like the Grinch.

Great question! I don't think he is a villain because he doesn't realize he is causing trouble. I think that he was innocently trying something new, it just backfired. His intentions were (probably) good.

I think that the only villain in that movie is Oogie Boogie.

Jack just wanted to do something different and didn’t realize all the problems he was causing. He thought he was helping out Santa and didn’t realize the kids were hurting him and that they were going to bring Santa to Oogie Boogie, after all, Jack told them not to tell Oogie Boogie. He ended up being the Hero, rescuing Santa and Sally, and sending Santa on his way to fix Christmas.

I guess they like to put Jack in with all the other villain stuff just because he looks scary and creepy and is "The Master of Fright"....but he is absolutely no villain.

He's an anti-hero.

He plays by his own rules, lives by his own code of ethics & does what he thinks is right in spite of everyone around him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter