Itunes has the New Podcast this week,Thank you!

You have suggested that someone is rushing and making mistakes.

May I remind you that once again there is a threat started today in which people ask questions on how to download the e-mail show into their iPods?

Once again, the e-mailshow is added to the iTunes-feed in the incorrect place (second from the top instead of on the top) so that iTunes does not automatically download the new show and gives an error message.

The only reason I suggested that you guys don't use iPods is that, if it was the case, one of you should have figured out by now what's going wrong with the iTunes feed week after week?

I REALLY REALLY appreciate the work you're doing to make the podcast available. It's one of the best podcasts out there, but isn't it obvious that when there's a new threat every single week about problems downloading the new shows (and if you say I'm the one complaining: I have not posted in today's topic about iTunes problems) that the person who's responsible for uploading the file and creating the RSS-feed is doing something wrong?

I have tried to tell you guys what you do wrong and how easy it could be if you just used a program that takes care of the iTunes-feed, instead of doing it manually. For some reason, my good intentions are mocked and narrowed down to my complaint about the iTunes cover art. I find it too bad that there's no cover art, but I count at least *ten* different topics in this forum about problems downloading your show in iTunes in the last couple of months. If I take a look at your RSS-feed, I can see the errors at once. Why can't you so that everyone of us who subscribes to the DIs Unplugged using iTunes can have their shows added automatically to their iPods and iPhones without having to see a new iTunes-error-threat opened on this board every single week?

Please, I try to be as constructive as I can, hoping that the issue will be addressed at some point. If you let me know the e-mailaddress of the person responsible for creating the iTunes-RSS-feed, I will mail this person what the problems are and how he or she can easily solve them.

Cooper Owls...

As you state that you listen to the podcast frequently, I assumed you would take my original response with a modicum of humor.

You stated we should use some of the money we spend on prizes on "cheap and simple" softwear.

In what I thought was an obviously humorous response, I asked if folks would rather have cover art or a cruise? As you can well imagine, a cruise is neither cheap nor simple.

I found the humor in the wild dichotomy between "cheap and simple" and something costing thousands of dollars and I was using your example of us spending the prize money on softwear.

I continued in a humorous vein explaining that I wanted to be pixilated in the video podcast suggested by another poster. I wasnt mocking you and I would think that after listening to our podcast, you would realize that.

This is when you accused me of being "unrespectful".

I should explain....I dont have a single clue as to how this podcast gets to where it is supposed to be. It's not my job.

I also feel the need to state that I purchase lots of music from iTunes that doesnt include cover art. That doesnt alter my enjoyment of the product I purchased.

I realize that you consider cover art "the least of our problems" but you have mentioned it more than once. I was just playing off what you suggested.

As I have stated previously....I have no idea how to put a podcast on iTunes and for that reason, I will bow out of this coversation.

Before I go....I need to say that it is sometimes difficult to garner the true meaning and intent of what is being posted on these boards.

It's difficult to decipher what is constructive criticism and what is just plain criticism. I took the assumption that none of us owned iPods or knew how to use them as criticism. Moving forward, I will try my best to find the constructive side of that comment.

Kevin

In the Dec 18th podcast they had mentioned that the servers were going to be updated and ever since then I haven't been able to get the podcast. When I went to wdwinfo website (which is where the xml file for the podcast is stored) I can't bring up the site. When emails are sent out from wdwinfo all the images don't appear. Does the site have a new domain name? I've seen people put links to the shows in the forum, but the same thing. I can't get to wdwinfo website.

Has anything changed?

Thanks for your help
Mark

FWIW...
I have not had any problems getting this podcast from itunes- now or before the server change.

There was one email show earlier this month- but Pete admitted there was a problem with that one.

I open itunes and it downloads whatever is waiting- I get them on-time and into my ipod each week.

I don't see that there is a problem. (except when I nearly drive off the road because of the tears in my eyes when I am laughing so hard :rotfl2: )

See...I just take the easy road and click on the link that says "Listen Now!" and then I...listen now!!! Works like a charm everytime. :goodvibes

In the Dec 18th podcast they had mentioned that the servers were going to be updated and ever since then I haven't been able to get the podcast. When I went to wdwinfo website (which is where the xml file for the podcast is stored) I can't bring up the site. When emails are sent out from wdwinfo all the images don't appear. Does the site have a new domain name? I've seen people put links to the shows in the forum, but the same thing. I can't get to wdwinfo website.

Has anything changed?

Thanks for your help
Mark
I had some of the same problems. Seems my e-mail program was blocking the images. I changed the settings to allow images, and now it's fine.
With the podcast, I had to delete it from iTunes, then re-subscribe. If a show is not showing up, I go to the list of my subscriptions on iTunes, use the drop-down feature to see if it's there, and click on "Get now" if it hasn't downloaded it. That seems to be working fine.

With the podcast, I had to delete it from iTunes, then re-subscribe. If a show is not showing up, I go to the list of my subscriptions on iTunes, use the drop-down feature to see if it's there, and click on "Get now" if it hasn't downloaded it. That seems to be working fine.
I've not had to do this with the DISUnplugged but with other podcasts that I download.
It is normally a good fix if something goes wrong on iTunes :goodvibes

FWIW...
I have not had any problems getting this podcast from itunes- now or before the server change.

There was one email show earlier this month- but Pete admitted there was a problem with that one.

I open itunes and it downloads whatever is waiting- I get them on-time and into my ipod each week.

I don't see that there is a problem. (except when I nearly drive off the road because of the tears in my eyes when I am laughing so hard :rotfl2: )

OK- this must be one of those "jinx" things. No sooner did I say the above, when now I can no longer download the podcast. :confused3

Other podcasts work fine.
I have made no changes to my iPod or iTunes.
However, I continually get a message stating "does not seem to be a valid podcast URL. Please check that you have entered the correct URL and try again."
Now, I have no idea where to enter a URL. I am going through the iTunes Store and clicking subscribe. (first I unsubscribed, then resubscribed) Then I came to the DIS home page and tried to subscribe through there.
Same message every time.

This week's edition- 1/29- is the very first time I have had a problem. Can anybody help?

We’ve been using a program called FeedForAll to create the feeds. I just reinstalled it to make sure that wasn’t it and the feed seems to be validating fine. I made some other changes and the recent shows are now in order with album art included.

For me at least, the podcast is downloading fine through iTunes displaying the 1/30/08 email show on top (Mac & PC). I hate for you to do this, but try deleting the podcast from your “podcast library” and subscribe to it again. Before you do that though, right click on the podcast in your library and select Update Podcast.

You can subscribe to it in another way by going to Advanced – Subscribe to Podcast….and add this feed. http://www.wdwinfo.com/podcast/unplugged.xml

I hope this corrects it.

Thanks for the suggestions Corey. :)
I hate for you to do this, but try deleting the podcast from your “podcast library” and subscribe to it again.
Sadly, I did this tonight.
Before you do that though, right click on the podcast in your library and select Update Podcast.
I had been trying that all day- I keep getting the error "!" Tried it once more before I did the step above.
You can subscribe to it in another way by going to Advanced – Subscribe to Podcast….and add this feed. http://www.wdwinfo.com/podcast/unplugged.xml
Tried this too.
Nothing works. :confused:
(And now I dont even have the old shows to go back and listen to again :sad1: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter