It's Never Too Late for a Trip Report Trip Report - Chapter 8: My Feet Will Never Recover

becka

<font color=green>Proud Mommy of sweet Nathan and
Chapter 8 - My Feet Will Never Recover

Well here we were at our last full day at WDW. I really cannot believe how fast the week went but I do know that my feet were killing me! I was really not prepared for the abuse that my feet sustained during our WDW adventure. I hate to think how many miles we walked each day.

Our last day was to be originally spent on the Gluttony World Showcase Tour but I just couldn't do that again! Instead we decided to sleep in a little, grab some beignets for breakfast and head over to Downtown Disney to do some shopping. We took the boat down to the Marketplace to pick up Christmas gifts for our families at World of Disney. I was able to use my MKC card to get 10% off. The amount we saved was a pretty impressive amount when you consider how much we spent there!

After we were done shopping we decided to take in a game of mini-golf at Fantasia Gardens. We took a bus to the Swan/Dolphin hotels and crossed a very busy street to get to the golf course. The only times Aaron and I play golf is at my companies annual golf scramble event so we decided to take the easier course. This is the most unique mini-golf course I have ever been on and it was so much fun to play. The last holes have a few surprises in store that I won't spoil for anyone else. If you enjoy mini-golf then you must try this course! After mini-golf we went back over to the Swan and Dolphin to look at the decorations and for Aaron to purchase the resort pins. We then took the boat over to Epcot because we still have a few pavilions to cover and we had a dinner PS at Le Cellier.

When we got to Epcot Aaron did a little pin trading and guess what? He finally found his Star Tours pin. He was quite happy and I was glad that he finally found it because I was afraid he would be disappointed otherwise. Aaron also wanted to purchase a knife he found in the Japan pavilion so we headed over that direction. By then it was actually time for our dinner PS. Le Cellier was very busy and they were turning away walk-ups. We had a PS and still had to wait 50 minutes for a table. The wait was worth it. This was the absolute best meal we had the whole week! We both had steaks and the famous cheese soup with pretzel bread and it was fantastic! I hightly recommend the place and the decorations they had up in the restaurant were quite beautiful.

Since dinner had taken a little longer than anticipated we didn't get to do much more of Epcot. We did head over to the Imagination pavilion were we saw Honey I Shrunk the Audience and rode Journey. Aaron hated Journey but we both thought that HISTA was really good although a little scary. I am terrified of snakes and thankfully there was enough warning for me to close my eyes. I might have passed out if that snake actually jumped out at me!!!! I was really tired still so we decided to beat the crowds and head back to the resort before Illuminations. We actually saw a lot of the fireworks on the way back to PO. We had a full day but I could tell we were definitely slowing down but we only had one partial day left and I think my feet will make it. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

becka
eeyore07.gif

Port Orleans - December 1999

ASMovies - May 2000
Only 5 days to go.....

Port Orleans -December 2000
Only 202 days to go.....

DCL - December 7, 2000
Only 207 days to go....

[This message was edited by becka on 05-14-00 at 10:39 PM.]

Becka: I'm really enjoying your reports. Now I have to go back to WDW if only to eat at Le Cellier, if it's as good as you say.

It is amazing how sore your feet get at WDW, isn't it?

Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Katholyn

anidaisy.gif

Co-moderator adult/seniors and trip reports

Becka I have really enjoyed your reports, thanks for sharing them with us. I was also glad to hear you enjoyed Le Cellier also. Just Sunday I told my sister-in-law who is planning her trip for July that I thought this was the best meal we had during our Dec. 1999 and Mar. 2000 trips.
Sounds like you had a great time, can't wait to go soon again.

I had to look up something in my trip reports and since I worked so hard on them and since an early December trip report might help some people going soon I thought I would bump my report up! :)

Hope this helps someone... :)

becka

<font color=blue>Port Orleans - December 1999
All Star Movies - May 2000
Coronado Springs - January 2001
Swan - May 2001</font color>

dog.JPG

[This message was edited by becka on 11-13-00 at 10:55 PM.]

I really enjoyed your reports. We are going next month and appreciate the info!

I'm really enjoying your report, and I can't agree more about Le Cellier! Love that cheese soup and pretzel bread!

I wore my pedometer when I went to WDW for a week in late September. Don't tell your aching feet this, but we registered over 43 miles in one week!

Glad you finally had a great meal after some of the other disappointments! I've loved all of you reports, though I think I've been reading them out of order...Thanks so much for writing them and for bumping them up. I must have missed them the first round! We must be about the same age (or maybe this is wishful thinking on my part) because I remember all those Disney Quest video games you and Aaron enjoyed too. How could I not cry reading about the treasure hunt!!! You did a great job with all these reports!

mickey20.gif
1967, 1975 Disneyland
1977 - WDW Contemporary
1980 - WDW off-site Best Western?
1985 - WDW off-site condo/suite
1990 - Tokyo Disneyland
1995 - WDW; Marriott World Center
2000 - WDW; Holiday Inn Family Suites

I just wanted to say that i have read upto chapter 8 and i am really enjoying your reports...

Eda :D :D

fanglb1.gif

I know what you mean about the feet - at the end of our 11 day trip in July my feet just didn't want to move anymore! Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter