It's been a decade...help?

Penny McMouse

Mouseketeer
My son has decided to he wants us to go to Universal when he graduates next year. We haven't been since 2011 and holy geez were Express passes always this expensive? Anyway, below is what I've been able to cobble together so far:

Family: Hubby, Daughter (23) and Son (18), Me
Trip dates: 05/29/2023-06/02/2023
Hotel: Cabana Bay family suite so the kids have separate beds and for lazy river.

Mon--Arrival time will be approx 11 hours after we leave home. Subject to delay depending on Atlanta traffic.
Tues--A park
Wed--My son loves lazy rivers and is planning on living in the lazy river at Cabana Bay regardless of what the rest of us do.
Thurs--A park
Friday--Head home

Any recommendations on what order to do the parks? We are planning on three day two park tickets because not all of us want to be at the pool all day Wednesday. However, we do want to cover as much of the parks as possible on Tues and Thurs.

Should we plan on getting Express passes? Could we just get them for Thursday and effectively use it as a clean up day? Could we possibly get the parks done or done enough without getting the Express pass?

Also, any good resources for gluten free food menus at Universal? Found out less than a month ago that wheat is not my friend. Any suggestions for where to eat, or where to avoid, would also be great.

I realize this isn't Disney so planning 12 months in advance isn't necessary but....I over plan everything. There shall be spreadsheets! lol

If your son loves lazy rivers, I would recommend doing Volcano Bay on Wednesday. They have a lazy river and a fast (fearless) river that is fantasic. We spend a lot of time in the fearless river when we go to VB. VB is a great park, probably our favorite of the 3. It's a great atmosphere and the food offerings are surpisingly good. And you get your own entrance from CBR!

Why don't you stay at the deluxe hotel one day (HRH, Portofino Bay, Polynesian)?
Then you get express pass for free.

I’ve thought about it and we may still. It’ll be up to the kiddo, though. One of his friends told him VB is horrible and there’s no point in going so he wants to stay at CB to have his lazy river time. Since this is his graduation trip he gets somewhat final say as long as he stays in budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter