It's been 549 days but we are finally home! ~ an August '21 birthday celebration! New PTR link 01/02

IMG_9016.jpeg

I am so in with this beautiful resort!

Great picture! And I think CSR is beautiful, too <3

I never thought this day would come, especially when I was wrangling three littles, then managing the ups and downs of the teenage years with three boys. But it is official! We have three empty bedrooms in a very quiet house!

Congrats, Mama! Enjoy the quiet and flexibility that comes with this new season, but know that they always still need their parents. Hope your boys are enjoying the start to the school year and keeping safe and healthy.

We then headed for the People Mover even though he did not
understand the need for the iconic foot photo!

Haha! Just got with it, Jack! It's a thing!

The Boardwalk is blah but Food and Wine is fab!

Leaving Magic Kingdom we made the long, hot trek to the TTC and found our car. I was never so thankful for air conditioning! We headed out of the parking lot after taking the wrong exit turn a couple of times and finally made our way to the Boardwalk. We thought we would try our luck and see if a room might be ready early (DVC rooms are typically available at 4 pm or later) and were pleasantly surprised to have a room available at 2:30 pm. We were on the first floor, by the community hall and quiet pool. If you know the resort, you know that is a long walk down endless hallways. If you ever seen "The Shining" that's exactly how I felt about the hallways at the Boardwalk. Our room was clean but drab. This is my second stay at the Boardwalk (once on the Inn side as well) and while the location is great, I guess the theming just doesn't resonate with me. I prefer a more secluded feel with an "away from the hustle and bustle" vibe so the Boardwalk being in the middle of everything wasn't my favourite.
65015886012__6EB20601-338C-4BE0-A01B-4571B272D9AD.jpeg
65015888790__A7EEEF6C-8A24-44B1-BA8D-6BAC5A59CC38.jpeg65015889692__6439FACF-6D22-4977-A27C-6C67DF863343.jpeg

The bed was very comfy and Jack found the pull out to be good as well. There was lots of storage in the kitchenette and bathroom which we really appreciated. Everything was clean, if a little worn. The proximity to the quiet pool was great and the one advantage of being in the back of beyond was a "secret exit" door that made the walk to Studios about ten minutes. We placed an order with Instacart and chilled for a while before hitting the pool. It was great to have some snacks, beverages and breakfast things for the room. Just as we got back from picking up the Instacart order, the heavens opened and it poured for about an hour and a half! Severe thunder, lightening and teeming rain. We watched it while enjoying a beverage on the patio and started to worry a little about our evening at Food and Wine. Luckily the weather cleared at about 7:00 and as we headed over we were treated to a magnificent double rainbow.

IMG_9040.jpeg
I love nothing more than an evening of strolling World Showcase and was thrilled to be back in one of my favourite parks. I made my official photographer take a picture of his happy mother, even though it looks like the rainbow is growing out of my head, lol!

IMG_9041.jpeg

We were so ready to head up the food booths and headed to Greece first. We each had an order of spanakopita that disappeared before I could think to take a picture. Next up was Japan where we were blown away by the Teriyaki Chicken Bun: Steamed Bun filled with Chicken, Vegetables and Teriyaki (my choice) and the Tempura Shrimp Sando: Crunchy Shrimp served with Yuzu Crab, Green Onions and Eel Sauce served on a Bun (Jack loved this so much he went back for a second). We also decided to split the Platinum Sake (Junmai Daiginjo Refreshingly Dry with a Fruity Flavor).IMG_9043.jpeg
Only pics of mine as Jack's disappeared so quickly. We were very impressed! Next up we headed to Germany, where I went for the Schinkennudeln: Pasta Gratin with Ham, Onions and Cheese and Jack had the Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll. The Pasta Gratin was phenomenal but so rich and Jack loved the Bratwurst. I went for a Schöfferhofer Wild Cherry Hefeweizen while Jack enjoyed a Weihenstephaner Lager. We thoroughly enjoyed the offerings here.
IMG_9046.jpeg
The sun was setting as we walked towards China and I was able to capture a bit of the evening sky.
IMG_9044.jpeg
I had no stomach space left for food but Jack went for the Pan-fried Chicken Dumplings with House-made Sweet and Spicy Sauce. He loved these. We also had the
Kung Fu Master: Absolut Vodka, Triple Sec, Mango Syrup and Orange Juice which was the most generous pour I have ever seen. We split this and it was a good thing or I would have been weaving around World Showcase.

We decided to head for Soarin' next which we both loved. We had the chance to catch Epcot Forever as were making our way out of the park and it was a lovely way to end a perfect evening.

Off to Hollywood Studios in the morning.....will we ride RotR?? Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Great picture! And I think CSR is beautiful, too <3

Congrats, Mama! Enjoy the quiet and flexibility that comes with this new season, but know that they always still need their parents. Hope your boys are enjoying the start to the school year and keeping safe and healthy.

Haha! Just got with it, Jack! It's a thing!
Thanks Meghan! I am really happy for them and they are settling in and finding their way. I am used to Jack being away as he is 4th year but no rascals at home leaves the house very quiet. Jack is not the biggest Magic Kingdom fan....much more an Epcot or AK fan.

I was never so thankful for air conditioning!
Air conditioning has got to be one of the best inventions ever.
were pleasantly surprised to have a room available at 2:30 pm.
Score!
If you ever seen "The Shining" that's exactly how I felt about the hallways at the Boardwalk.
:scared:
I prefer a more secluded feel with an "away from the hustle and bustle" vibe so the Boardwalk being in the middle of everything wasn't my favourite.
Sorry it didn't hit the right note with you.
the one advantage of being in the back of beyond was a "secret exit" door that made the walk to Studios about ten minutes
Not bad!
the heavens opened and it poured for about an hour and a half!
Long time for Florida!
I love nothing more than an evening of strolling World Showcase and was thrilled to be back in one of my favourite parks.
:goodvibes
I made my official photographer take a picture of his happy mother, even though it looks like the rainbow is growing out of my head, lol!
That just proves that you are the treasure at the end of the rainbow.
We each had an order of spanakopita that disappeared before I could think to take a picture.
Must've been good. :)
Next up was Japan where we were blown away by the Teriyaki Chicken Bun: Steamed Bun filled with Chicken, Vegetables and Teriyaki (my choice) and the Tempura Shrimp Sando: Crunchy Shrimp served with Yuzu Crab, Green Onions and Eel Sauce served on a Bun (Jack loved this so much he went back for a second).
High praise indeed!
Jack had the Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll.
This is the one I'd want. Sounds so good!
The sun was setting as we walked towards China and I was able to capture a bit of the evening sky.
Pretty. :)
Jack went for the Pan-fried Chicken Dumplings with House-made Sweet and Spicy Sauce. He loved these.
mmmm... that sounds really good too.
We also had the Kung Fu Master: Absolut Vodka, Triple Sec, Mango Syrup and Orange Juice which was the most generous pour I have ever seen.
I'd order that!
We split this and it was a good thing or I would have been weaving around World Showcase.
:laughing:
"Oh, look at her. Obviously drinking around the world."

The proximity to the quiet pool was great and the one advantage of being in the back of beyond was a "secret exit" door that made the walk to Studios about ten minutes.

That's a win for sure!!

Off to Hollywood Studios in the morning.....will we ride RotR?? Stay tuned!

Crossing fingers!! That's one of the reasons I want to go back...I can't wait to ride again...once was not enough!!

We loved our time at F&W this last trip, so many delicious treats and drinks!
I agree about BWV, great location but not my favorite resort and yes The Shining, so true!

Food and wine sounds great. Your photo of sunset is beautiful. I agree with you on the Boardwalk- great location but I’ve never been tempted to stay there. We tend to stay at YC/BC. Same location but more relaxed vibe :goodvibes

Air conditioning has got to be one of the best inventions ever.
The very best! Thanks Uncle Orville!
Sorry it didn't hit the right note with you.
It's a lovely resort but just not my favourite. Give me Wilderness Lodge, Coronado Springs or Animal Kingdom Lodge any day. I like my resort to be a respite from the parks.
That short walk made our next two days so much more manageable.
Long time for Florida!
I kept telling Jack "It's going to stop any minute, it never rains for long in Florida." Except this time it did.
High praise indeed!
It was fantastic! So fresh and delicious!
This is the one I'd want. Sounds so good!
Jack inhaled it! He said the pretzel roll was fab and the bratwurst was so juicy and flavourful.
I'd order that!
It was so good....dangerous in a good way, lol!
That's a win for sure!!

Crossing fingers!! That's one of the reasons I want to go back...I can't wait to ride again...once was not enough!!
Apparently you get different versions of the ride. We were blown away by it.
We loved our time at F&W this last trip, so many delicious treats and drinks!
I agree about BWV, great location but not my favorite resort and yes The Shining, so true!
Food and Wine was just incredible, we loved it! The great thing about all the different resorts at Disney is that there is something for everyone. That's one reason I am really enjoying split stays right now to get a feel for different resorts.
Food and wine sounds great. Your photo of sunset is beautiful. I agree with you on the Boardwalk- great location but I’ve never been tempted to stay there. We tend to stay at YC/BC. Same location but more relaxed vibe :goodvibes
We have stayed at Beach Club (club level with a great discount) and Yacht Club. Yacht Club is our favourite although I am not a fan of the new lobby decor at all. Now that I have DVC I'd love to get in to Beach Club villas for a couple of nights but the rooms go fast there if you don't own at that resort.

The very best! Thanks Uncle Orville!
Boy that sent me down a rabbit hole.
Learned the inventor of the AC was a gentleman named Willis Carrier. I've heard of Carrier ACs... and sure enough, the company was founded by him.
It's a lovely resort but just not my favourite. Give me Wilderness Lodge, Coronado Springs or Animal Kingdom Lodge any day. I like my resort to be a respite from the parks.
I get that.
I kept telling Jack "It's going to stop any minute, it never rains for long in Florida." Except this time it did.
"Mom... you lied to me!"
Jack inhaled it! He said the pretzel roll was fab and the bratwurst was so juicy and flavourful.
mmmm... <drool>

Mk in the morning and Epcot for Food and Wine in the evening...sounds like an absolutely wonderful day. :goodvibes

I've heard about those long walks at the Boardwalk. I think that's one of the reasons I'm not jumping to stay there. Long walks after a full park day sounds tiring. :rotfl:

I just have to say, I am really enjoying reading about your mother/son trip. Landon's much more into Disney than Evie is, so I have a feeling he's going to be my park buddy when he gets older. And reading about how much fun you and Jack had makes me excited to reach that point one day. (I did giggle at the empty nesters post, only because right now I'm in the thick of elementary school drop offs and running around for project supplies and park playdates that the college days seem like an eternity away! :laughing:)

I made my official photographer take a picture of his happy mother, even though it looks like the rainbow is growing out of my head, lol!
IMG_9041.jpeg

This is great! The double rainbow is beautiful and you look lovely and happy :)

Jack is not the biggest Magic Kingdom fan....much more an Epcot or AK fan.

I will always love the Magic Kingdom, but I'd say that EPCOT and AK are probably my two faves, so I can understand that for sure.

Mk in the morning and Epcot for Food and Wine in the evening...sounds like an absolutely wonderful day. :goodvibes
That's always one of my favourite hopping combos. I love Epcot in the evening. :)
I just have to say, I am really enjoying reading about your mother/son trip. Landon's much more into Disney than Evie is, so I have a feeling he's going to be my park buddy when he gets older. And reading about how much fun you and Jack had makes me excited to reach that point one day. (I did giggle at the empty nesters post, only because right now I'm in the thick of elementary school drop offs and running around for project supplies and park playdates that the college days seem like an eternity away! :laughing:)
Those elementary school years are so sweeet and precious but it all goes by so fast! You know what they always say "the days are long but the years are short." So true! We had a great time overall but there were definitely some not so rosy moments too.
This is great! The double rainbow is beautiful and you look lovely and happy :)
Thank you!
I will always love the Magic Kingdom, but I'd say that EPCOT and AK are probably my two faves, so I can understand that for sure.
I really love Animal Kingdom. If I had to pick it would be my #1.

Last edited:
Next up was Japan where we were blown away by the Teriyaki Chicken Bun: Steamed Bun filled with Chicken, Vegetables and Teriyaki (my choice)
This sounds good! We didn't have this last time so going to put it on list for later this month
Next up we headed to Germany, where I went for the Schinkennudeln: Pasta Gratin with Ham, Onions and Cheese
This I've had before! I like it but it is heavy; heavier I think than the majority of other festival dishes! So I try not to get it anymore lol just because it takes up too much room in my belly :D

Aw I like the Boardwalk! I mean we did have that one terrible stay there in 2015 but we've had great stays there too and will be there in Dec. Yeah the rooms could use a refresh; we did stay 1 night last year and it was fine though but you know it's not my favorite resort!

This sounds good! We didn't have this last time so going to put it on list for later this month
It was fabulous! My only F&W regret was not getting it again.
This I've had before! I like it but it is heavy; heavier I think than the majority of other festival dishes! So I try not to get it anymore lol just because it takes up too much room in my belly :D
Exactly how I felt. The serving size was so generous, it was almost like a meal in itself!
Aw I like the Boardwalk! I mean we did have that one terrible stay there in 2015 but we've had great stays there too and will be there in Dec. Yeah the rooms could use a refresh; we did stay 1 night last year and it was fine though but you know it's not my favorite resort!
We are Wilderness Lodge girls, through and through. I could happily stay there every trip. The great thing about Disney is that there is a perfect resort for everyone.

Off to Hollywood!

We were up bright and early with a clear strategy in place in hopes of getting a boarding group for RotR. Sadly despite our best efforts, all groups were gone within 3 seconds! We were so disappointed but thought we would head over to check out Galaxy's Edge and ride Smuggler's Run. We arrived at the park for opening and scanned in. We found the long line for Galaxy's Edge and made our way slowly in. We were both blown away by the immersive theming. Shortly after park opening we were making our way onto Smuggler's Run. We were hoping to be pilots but ended up as gunners instead. We both really loved the ride and had so much fun.
IMG_9050.jpeg

IMG_9049.jpeg

Coming off the ride, we debated about trying for Star Tours but decided to head to Toy Story Land instead as Midway Mania was only showing a 20 minute wait. First though we took in some of the droids and got to see our friend, Chewie!
IMG_9055.jpeg

IMG_9056.jpeg

IMG_9057.jpeg

Even though I hadn't dressed for a Galaxy's Edge picture and was wearing my runaway railroad dress, I had my official photographer take a picture in Galaxy's Edge. He thought my choice of location was boring but all I cared about at this point was shade!
IMG_9058.jpeg

We walked over to Toy Story Land and found the line for TSMM. I can't deal with the lack of FastPasses and was trying to be patient but may have said more than once " I don't care how FP comes back, I'd rather pay money for it than deal with this." I am sure I was not the only person to feel this way. Our 20 minute wait ended up being close to 45 minutes. While the ride itself was fun, we were both fed up with the crowds, the lack of shade and the heat. We went off to grab a Gatorade for Jack and some lunch at Ronto Roasters. They really need to do a better job in ensuring people sitting at tables there are actually eating as it was so difficult to get somewhere to sit. Luckily a very nice CM from Docking Bay 7 allowed us to sit in that area and we gulped down glasses of water before our meals. Jack went for the classic Ronto Wrap while I had the Zucci wrap.
IMG_9061.jpeg

IMG_9062.jpeg

Our meals were fine but nothing special and neither of us were wowed by them. At this point we were both done and headed back to the Boardwalk. Jack had not had enough water this morning and was getting a headache and really needed to rest in the A/C. We just needed a break before trying for a boarding group again at 1:00.

Would our luck change? Would this day turn around? That's coming up next!

Well your wish came true with the Genie+ :rotfl:
I agree, I really dislike standby lines, we were masters of the FP and really miss it!
I hope you get a boarding group!
I love your dress!

I was so hoping FP's would come back as they were. I don't like the idea of forking over more money to Disney :oops: Sorry your morning wasn't great but I feel like you'll turn it around!

Off to Hollywood!
Hooray!
Sadly despite our best efforts, all groups were gone within 3 seconds!
Yikes! So glad ROTR boarding groups are a thing of the past now.
We were both blown away by the immersive theming.
It really is incredible, isn't it?
We were hoping to be pilots but ended up as gunners instead.
I wouldn't mind that. :)
Midway Mania was only showing a 20 minute wait.
Not bad!
But...
I had my official photographer take a picture in Galaxy's Edge. He thought my choice of location was boring but all I cared about at this point was shade!
:laughing:
" I don't care how FP comes back, I'd rather pay money for it than deal with this."
Careful what you wish for!

So it's your fault!!!!
Our 20 minute wait ended up being close to 45 minutes.
:sad2:
They really need to do a better job in ensuring people sitting at tables there are actually eating as it was so difficult to get somewhere to sit.
People just sitting taking up space?
Jack went for the classic Ronto Wrap while I had the Zucci wrap.
I'm with Jack on this one.
Jack had not had enough water this morning and was getting a headache
Oh, that's too bad.
Hope he was feeling better after cooling off.

Even though I hadn't dressed for a Galaxy's Edge picture and was wearing my runaway railroad dress, I had my official photographer take a picture in Galaxy's Edge. He thought my choice of location was boring but all I cared about at this point was shade!

Love that dress! So cute!!!

Would our luck change? Would this day turn around? That's coming up next!

Crossing fingers!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter