It's been 549 days but we are finally home! ~ an August '21 birthday celebration! New PTR link 01/02

suse66

When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true!
Welcome friends old and new!

I have been looking forward to writing a TR report again for the last year but as we know, travel to the bubble just wasn't happening for Canadians. Like so many of you, I planned trips and then cancelled, felt optimistic enough to plan again, then cancelled again. Finally we had dates that we felt confident about, booked resorts, tickets and flights. It was really happening!

For those of you new to one of my reports, I'm Susan. I'm a kindergarten educator, mom to three young men, lover of all things Disney and brand new DVC owner!
IMG_9149.jpeg

Travelling with me this trip is my oldest son, Jack. He is a 4th year university student doing an Honours BA with a double major in political science and forensic science. This was his first trip back to Disney in 5 years and we are celebrating his recent 21st birthday!
IMG_9146.jpeg

We had a lot of fun together with some ups and downs over the course of 8 days. Join us as we stay at three beautiful resorts, enjoy the parks, have some fabulous meals and some not so great, sample lots of fun adult beverages and try not to melt in the summer heat!

Last edited:
Number 2 in line to hear all about it! So happy you guys finally made your return (and happy we were there to say hello) :love:

So can't wait to hear about your trip and hear about all of your adventures with Jack!

Can’t wait to hear all about it!
Thanks for joining in!
Number 2 in line to hear all about it! So happy you guys finally made your return (and happy we were there to say hello) :love:
So happy you are here! It was awesome to have the chance to hang out at Geyser Point. You and Steve are two of the kindest and most generous people. Steve put Jack so at ease and made him feel part of the group. :)
Welcome!
Looking forward to reading about your happy adventures!
Thank you for joining in!
I'm here and looking forward to your return to Disney report.
So happy you are here!
So can't wait to hear about your trip and hear about all of your adventures with Jack!
Yay! Glad you are here, Kari!
Yay! I'm here and can't wait to follow along. :goodvibes
Hi Alicia! So happy you are here!
I’m joining in! So excited to hear all about it!
Hi Caroline! Thanks for joining in!

It's travel day!!!

Anyone else too excited to sleep the night before a Disney trip??? That would be me! I was wide awake by 4 am and got up to putter around and double check that I wasn't missing anything. I was a little nervous as I hadn't flown internationally during the pandemic. We had researched what testing would be needed before crossing the border and found that we only needed a rapid antigen test. Thankfully they are available for only $40 at Shoppers here in Ontario. I had them printed out along with our vaccination records just in case they were needed.

We arrived at the airport bright and early at 6:30 am for our 9:45 am flight. I am always early and was thankful to be so this day as we easily walked through the check in, security and customs line! In fact we were the only people in customs!
IMG_8989.jpeg
You can't see my excited smile under the mask but I promise it's there! We had a long wait, a gate mixup and a hunt for coffee but a relaxing and uneventful flight!

Arriving in Orlando was a completely different experience as I had rented a car for this trip. With rising case numbers in Florida, I felt better about not using any shared transportation. It was super easy picking up our car as I had done "skip the line" with Alamo. Soon I was driving on Florida roads for the first time by myself and on our way to Disney Springs!

IMG_8994.jpeg

We were both so hungry so decided to head to Jock Lindsay's first for a bite to eat. I wanted to do mainly outdoor dining so we sat on the beautiful deck overlooking the water. I was so happy to be back in my favourite place!
IMG_8997.jpeg

Jack is ready for some food.....
65005726943__0BBB9478-8625-4E42-8AAF-5962531EA837.jpeg

We ordered the delicious queso dip and the adobe chicken taco. Both were so good!! We weren't feeling a beverage yet, especially as I had to drive. I went with the Poisonless Dart which was soda water with mint, lime and simple syrup. So refreshing on a hot afternoon!
IMG_8999.jpeg

IMG_8998.jpeg
Next up, we check into the beautiful Coronado Springs for our first night stay!

Anyone else too excited to sleep the night before a Disney trip??? That would be me! I was wide awake by 4 am and got up to putter around and double check that I wasn't missing anything.
Yup this is me every time. I'm like a kid that can't fall asleep, stay asleep or sleep in. Way too excited

IMG_8989.jpeg

You can't see my excited smile under the mask but I promise it's there! We had a long wait, a gate mixup and a hunt for coffee but a relaxing and uneventful flight!
I can feel the smile emanating through the screen. And loving the matching pink cardigan and mask. Very bright and cheery

I was so happy to be back in my favourite place!
IMG_8997.jpeg
Your happiness is shining right through!!! Nothing better than the first day of a disney vacation. A glow like no other

I'm here! I've been pretty terrible at keeping up on the DIS as of late, but I'll try my best! Even if I'm not commenting as much as usual, I'll probably be lurking. Looking forward to your report!

I'm a kindergarten educator,

Now that I work in schools I can recognize even more so than I used to that you, my friend, and all other kindergarten educators out there, are doing the work of the angels! Some of my best moments last year were working with the littles, but they sure do take a lot out of you sometimes! I'm sure it's very rewarding though.

Travelling with me this trip is my oldest son, Jack.

So nice that you and Jack were able to have this time together in your favourite place.

Soon I was driving on Florida roads for the first time by myself and on our way to Disney Springs!

I love having a car at Disney! Now that we're used to doing it that way, I doubt we'd want to go back when we go in future, even if things are more settled with covid. I don't love city driving, but I find Florida/Orlando/Disney to be pretty easy to get around in.

I went with the Poisonless Dart which was soda water with mint, lime and simple syrup. So refreshing on a hot afternoon!

This sounds like my cup of tea...er...soda. 😆 I would love these flavours. Kinda like a mojito without the kick.

we check into the beautiful Coronado Springs

I'll be interested to hear how you liked it. We stayed a few nights back when we got married and I thought it was beautiful. (Even though it was under a lot of construction back then.)

Looking forward to more updates!

I can feel the smile emanating through the screen. And loving the matching pink cardigan and mask. Very bright and cheery
So glad you are here, Kari! Nothing like Disney trip excitement. :) As a mom of all boys, I embrace all the pink things, lol!
Your happiness is shining right through!!! Nothing better than the first day of a disney vacation. A glow like no other
I was beaming at everyone. I simply could not believe I was actually home!
Now that I work in schools I can recognize even more so than I used to that you, my friend, and all other kindergarten educators out there, are doing the work of the angels! Some of my best moments last year were working with the littles, but they sure do take a lot out of you sometimes! I'm sure it's very rewarding though.
Thanks for joining in, Meghan! You are so sweet to say that. I love my job and the 4-6 year old set are my favourite.
So nice that you and Jack were able to have this time together in your favourite place.
It was great....there were certainly a few bumps in the road but very special to travel with him.
I love having a car at Disney! Now that we're used to doing it that way, I doubt we'd want to go back when we go in future, even if things are more settled with covid. I don't love city driving, but I find Florida/Orlando/Disney to be pretty easy to get around in.
I loved having a car so much! It was so easy to get around...I was pleasantly surprised!
I'll be interested to hear how you liked it. We stayed a few nights back when we got married and I thought it was beautiful. (Even though it was under a lot of construction back then.)
Coronado was spectacular! I would happily stay there again. :)
I'm here and can't wait for more!!!
HI Jenny! Thanks so much for joining in!

We were both so hungry so decided to head to Jock Lindsay's first for a bite to eat
Great place to start!! We haven't been since April and it seems like forever lol. I do have a feeling we'll be spending quite a bit of time outside the parks next month so Jock's is on the list!
adobe chicken taco.
Ooh but we've never had those in all our stops there! Now a side not on the list! All in all looks like a great return to the World :)

we sat on the beautiful deck overlooking the water. I was so happy to be back in my favourite place!

I love this photo, because the excitement and happiness is so clear in your expression. How wonderful it must have felt to be having your first meal at WDW on a hot, sunny FL day. :goodvibes

Great place to start!! We haven't been since April and it seems like forever lol. I do have a feeling we'll be spending quite a bit of time outside the parks next month so Jock's is on the list!
I really loved Jocks! I'm looking forward to eating inside next time to take in the theming although being out on the deck was nice too.
Ooh but we've never had those in all our stops there! Now a side not on the list! All in all looks like a great return to the World :)
The chicken tacos were awesome! Yes, I was feeling pretty happy to be home. :)
I love this photo, because the excitement and happiness is so clear in your expression. How wonderful it must have felt to be having your first meal at WDW on a hot, sunny FL day. :goodvibes
Thank you so much! It was absolutely lovely to be back in my happy place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter