It's a small world - flooding

Still showing closed for today. We saw lots of activity there yesterday during the day too but pretty late last night there was still scaffolding set up behind the control towers. They could have taken it down over night but seems like maybe they’re not quite ready. :(

First impressions: this ride is in better shape now than it was before the water incident.

exception: the sun at the end, his eye is out again (been an issue in years past)

Feels good to have it back, though! No obvious signs of previous water-related issues.

Last edited:
How long did you wait and was the posted wait time accurate?

It was 5 minutes only because they were loading a wheelchair in front of us, functionally a walk-on around the 8:30am mark.

I read it was 5 min wait and a many effects and audio were not working.

I didn’t notice any effects not working (I was looking for them specifically). The effects that are historically non-functional (mission bells, magic carpets, etc…) were definitely working. Audio sounded good.

It was 5 minutes only because they were loading a wheelchair in front of us, functionally a walk-on around the 8:30am mark.

I didn’t notice any effects not working (I was looking for them specifically). The effects that are historically non-functional (mission bells, magic carpets, etc…) were definitely working. Audio sounded good.

There are a couple of overhead effects at Hong Kong Disneyland's It's a Small World that are currently not working but everything else seems to be working. That's actually more stuff working than usual as the ride typically has animatronics missing and some elements not moving such the boats in the Mulan scene or the ferris wheel in the last scene. At any rate, it doesn't seem like the experience in other parks has been seriously degraded by this incident.

There are a couple of overhead effects at Hong Kong Disneyland's It's a Small World that are currently not working but everything else seems to be working. That's actually more stuff working than usual as the ride typically has animatronics missing and some elements not moving such the boats in the Mulan scene or the ferris wheel in the last scene. At any rate, it doesn't seem like the experience in other parks has been seriously degraded by this incident.

Am I reading correctly that they gutted the other parks’ IASWs to repair DLRs?

Okay gutted might be too strong of a word, more like “borrowed critical infrastructure”

Am I reading correctly that they gutted the other parks’ IASWs to repair DLRs?

Okay gutted might be too strong of a word, more like “borrowed critical infrastructure”

More like "borrowed replacement parts." They didn't take down other parks IASWs to get DLs up and running.

More like "borrowed replacement parts." They didn't take down other parks IASWs to get DLs up and running.

okay I might be misreading gelatoni’s post then that HK and Shanghai IASW have lost effects due to donating parts.

okay I might be misreading gelatoni’s post then that HK and Shanghai IASW have lost effects due to donating parts.

I was trying to say that there is no evidence of gutting the rides at other parks. Surprisingly, more stuff was working than usual so perhaps the repair teams went through and tried to fix everything before sending the replacement parts to California.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter