It's a small world - flooding

OlliePop27

Mouseketeer
I just read an article from DL News Today that small world flooded when they tried to refill the plume and the ride will not open for tonight's event. Let's hope this is not significant and it reopens quickly! I can't get the link to work when I post here, but it should show up if you search online.

Here's a bit more behind the scenes info from Mice Chat: https://www.micechat.com/307360-disneyland-news-small-world-holiday-delayed/.

It looks like DL is planning for the ride to be closed AT LEAST through this upcoming weekend, potentially longer. Electrical equipment was shorted out and they do not yet know when the issue will be fixed. The good news is that the lights on the façade and projections are now working, which was not the case when the flood first happened.

On a personal note, I'm also hoping this is resolved sooner then expected. I have never been during the holidays and this ride is one of the main reasons I'm going.

Ugh. Today is our last day here and everyone was so excited for small world. They're all going to be so disappointed. 😩

The schedule now showing it to be closed until next Tuesday. :(
Even local news said no reopening date set, so who knows. 😔

Maybe they'll extend the overlay for a little longer in 2022. Magic Key holders can't go until next year anyways, however it's just sad it will be missed by tourists/day ticket guests. Small World Holiday is a great addition.

Last edited:
I just checked the DL refurbishment calendar and iasw holiday is now listed as closed AT LEAST through Sunday, 11/21. I don't know if this means it will actually be ready to open after the 21st, but this is the latest info I saw online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter