itinerary help please!

2bemarried

<font color=FF66CC>Hello...I'm a person...not a bu
I need help with our itinerary. I'm trying to fit "everything" into 10 days...and it's getting very hard. Since it's just the two of us and we won't be riding all of the rides...will we need a full day for each park..like the Magic Kingdom? Can we do Universal and MGM together in one day? I LOVE to shop...how big of a shopping block should I schedule?

For anyone that's been to Discovery Cove...were you able to see most of Seaworld on that same day?

Thanks!

You definately cannot do MGM and Universal in one day.
They are far from each other. Universal is about a 20-30 minute ride from WDW. Also there are actually two parks at Universal, Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.
I've never been to Discovery Cove but Sea World will take most of an entire day to see itself. And I believe Discovery Cove is set up to be an entire day destination.
As far as shopping you could easily spend 1/2 a day at Downtown Disney alone and then add in time at some of the shops in the parks. Not to mention the nearby outlets!!

Have fun, but don't worry if you don't get to do everything...There is ALOT to see!

OK - first thing you do is go straight to your nearest bookstore and by Bob Sehlinger's Unofficial Guide to WDW. Then read it, and look at the SUGGESTED itineraries. Take them with a grain of salt, because they are VERY aggressive, and don't lock yourself into them - just use them to your advantage, and if something doesn't work/you get sidetracked, just go with it. Book costs about 17 bucks, but will pay for itself many times over. Second, you can't do it all in 10 days (especially if you are adding Universal & Seaworld to WDW), so don't even try.

My best advice beyond that is to read these boards, take what sounds like good advice, and plan to have a good time. With just two of you, you should be able to do plenty. A lot depends on what time of year you are going. Are you going during Spring Break or a holiday period? Big crowds. January, or early december? Light crowds.

After you read the book and browse this board for a while (read trip reports too), go ahead & ask as many questions as you like - we all like to help!

Dan

10 day, huh? Gosh, I would LOVE to have 10 days!

Anyway: 2 days for MK
1 1/2 -2 days for Epcot
1-1 1/2 days for MGM
1 day for Animal Kingdom
1 day for Universal Studios
1 day for Islands of Adventure

At the most this adds up to 8 1/2 days, and then you can use the other 1 1/2 days to hang out at the pool, play golf, go to DTD, Seaworld, etc.

Have a great trip!

Since you will staying on site. Use EE for at least part of your trip. You can get so much done in that first hour or two.

We usually go to a park in the morning. Take a break in the afternoon. We either rest at the hotel, swim or shop. Then we go to a different park in the evening.

We usually spend a whole day at Universal.

We leave one day open in our itinerary to do what we missed or what we want to redo.

Have a magical trip!:D

Thanks all,
Ballybunion...I already have that book. I've scimmed it over...but now I'm really going back and reading it cover to cover where I need to. I've looked over those plans and scrapped them b/c most of the time they're for families..and for those who like to ride the rides. Especially for Magic Kingdom. That's why I was trying to get feel from everyone here on what they like to do.

I have a feeling that most of our time will be spent at Epcot. We're going from June 3rd through the 13th.

What do you all recommend for the 1/2 days that we arrive and leave...we'll fly into WDW around 3:30pm and fly out at 2:30 pm.

Eeyore...believe me...I'll enjoy my 10 days... once in a lifetime chance since it's our honeymoon :-) :smooth:

JulesMom...Do you normally stay onsite and take a taxi to Universal or do you have like a rental car?

Universal, Seaworld, and Discovery Cove will be our only offsite days.

Thanks again to all of you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter