• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Itinerary help needed! MK changes upended our plan...

Disneymom1102

Mouseketeer
I need help please! I had a great plan ready for MK with Early Entry (we were staying at the Swan and Dolphin). We've always done Early Entry! Unfortunately had a medical issue and we had to miss half of our trip. Well Disney was amazing and gave us new tickets so we are going back so the kids can get the original trip we planned. Only problem is we are not staying on site anymore (we will be staying at Gaylord Palms) and so will not be able to go for Early Entry. This obviously changes all of our plans (we originally planned to do Early Entry to accomplish Peter Pan and Pooh and then rope drop to Haunted Mansion....then work our way back through Fantasyland and finish the first half of the day in Tomorrowland before returning to hotel for break...then coming back in the evening to accomplish Adventureland and anything we missed in the morning).
How would you organize your day now given we will be there for Rope Drop (NOT early entry), will stay until the noon parade, leave for naps for the kids, and then return around 4:30 until 8/8:30 (no sit down meals...just good MK snacks and then meals before and after the park) and the rides we want to include are:

Watch noon parade (any location)
Jungle Cruise
Pirates of the Caribbean

Aladdin* if there is time
Thunder Mountain* if there is time
Country Bear Jamboree or Enchanted Tiki Room* if there is time or need a filler
Haunted Mansion
Peoplemover

Carousel of Progress* if there is time
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor* if there is time
Buzz Lightyear* if there is time
Philharmagic* if time or need a filler
Peter Pan
Pooh* if there is time
Small World
Dumbo
Little Mermaid
Barnstormer
7 Dwarves (parent swap)

I am wondering if best plan is to rope drop Jungle Cruise, then right to Pirates, LL for Peter Pan, then Small World, book first available LL for Haunted Mansion after scanning in Pirates, before moving in to do Fantasyland. Evening start with Peoplemover and some other future world before doing anything missed, any desired repeats, or any fillers? Is it better to book a LL for Jungle Cruise then rope drop it and rope drop Fantasyland like we usually do?

Thanks in advance for your tips!

Since you are not staying onsite, I recommend starting with Adventureland and/or Frontierland, because they are not open for Early Entry, so lines won't have built up there yet like they will have done for Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. So yes, starting with Jungle Cruise and Pirates makes perfect sense.

Getting first LL for Peter Pan also a good idea, and then second LL for Haunted Mansion after you tap into LL for Peter Pan.

I highly suggest getting LL for PP. The wait times for it don't really go down at all (except maybe during last half hour of EEH). Start in Adventureland/Frontierland and then go from there.

I don't use them myself other than to get ideas but I would create a customized touring plans on www.touringplans.com

I believe you have to pay for a subscription for the customized plans but I have heard they are great and work really well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter