Itinerary Check

kingster

Earning My Ears
My family of 6 w 2 grandparents and kids 5 and 7 will be going to Disney World for the very first time over Good Friday/ Easter Sunday weekend. We will have 5 full days in Orlando. We're doing a split stay at Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista and Hyatt Grand Cypress. I know my kids and we just won't be ready for rope drop and we like to be back at the hotel by 8 latest for bedtime. I know it'll be crowded based on the crowd calendar. I'm looking for feedback on whether the below parks on the specific days are doable or if any of them should change. TIA!
3/28​
ThursDay 1Magic Kingdom
3/29​
FriDay 2Epcot
3/30​
SatDay 3Check in at Hyatt. Break day at hotel or another park?
3/31​
SunDay 4Hollywood Studios
4/1​
MonDay 5Animal Kingdom

My family of 6 w 2 grandparents and kids 5 and 7 will be going to Disney World for the very first time over Good Friday/ Easter Sunday weekend. We will have 5 full days in Orlando. We're doing a split stay at Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista and Hyatt Grand Cypress. I know my kids and we just won't be ready for rope drop and we like to be back at the hotel by 8 latest for bedtime. I know it'll be crowded based on the crowd calendar. I'm looking for feedback on whether the below parks on the specific days are doable or if any of them should change. TIA!
3/28​
ThursDay 1Magic Kingdom
3/29​
FriDay 2Epcot
3/30​
SatDay 3Check in at Hyatt. Break day at hotel or another park?
3/31​
SunDay 4Hollywood Studios
4/1​
MonDay 5Animal Kingdom
I took my kids Easter week for years! On your Sat changeover day you could book a character meal at one of the monorail resorts and take the kids on the monorail as a ride. Chef Mickey‘s is great for kids that age and also that resort has a fun arcade. AK can be done in half a day so if you have park hopper you could go back to favorite park in the afternoon or evening. Make a plan before you go. You can find park maps on MDE and see which rides the kids are tall enough to do and which ones the grandparents will also enjoy. Book a sit down meal . Trust me when you are all hot and cranky you’ll be glad you did. Take breaks in some of the quieter cooler attractions. I may have encouraged my kids to nap in the Hall of Presidents and Spaceship Earth. Know that in its tough to be A-bug the very end includes scurrying bugs that poke and crawl on you due to special effects. So you may want to leave a bit early or warn them the chair may tickle them. Easter week we decorated cookies at one resort, saw the parade with the Easter bonnets and I used to pack stuff to make them a basket. Have a fantastic family trip!

I wouldn't take a rest day on a 5 day trip. We would do all 4 parks and then on the last day, go to our favorite park again. We like a monorail ride and use it to go have lunch at the Poly on a MK day. We also love the Skyliner (it is basically a ride) so we stay at the Pop and use it to get to Epcot and DHS.

Disney parks involve MILES of walking with large crowds. Especially with small children or even adults who aren't used to all that walking they will tire easily. I think it would be a mistake to think you can go non-stop at the parks for 5 days in a row. Everyone will be exhausted and likely the children won't find that enjoyable. I would certainly plan at least one day with no parks and perhaps sit by the pool at your hotel.

Especially for those who have never been to Disney, you don't realize how large the parks are until you experience them for yourselves. Major holidays tend to be more crowded at Disney so that means longer rides lines in general. No 3rd party has any magic formula to estimate future crowds or ride lines. However, clearly the most popular rides will tend to have the longest wait times. I would avoid zig/zagging all over the park to some ride you think might have a shorter wait. You will accomplish more by doing the things in a certain area of the park you enjoy and then moving to the next area.

Last edited:

My family of 4 (me/wife/8yo/6yo) will be there Thursday 21-Thursday 28 for our second visit -- I will try and add any context we pick up the weekend before but the pacing looks great for those ages!

I found these two blogs interesting...
https://www.disneytouristblog.com/best-worst-days-week-visit-every-park-disney-world/
https://www.disneytouristblog.com/lowest-crowds-saturday-sunday-disney-world/

but mostly I agree with the above poster who says no one can predict the future. I recommend prioritizing a few things and making peace with the idea that you won't see/do everything so take it at an enjoyable pace.

Try to book a TS meal between 11-5 each day you are at a park. It will give a nice break from the crowds and give everyone a real seated break. I think this is key during really busy times because it gives a respite from dealing with the crowds and someone serves you.

For five days, we would go to the parks every day, but since there is a hotel switch in there, I think the resort day is also a good idea. Benefits of both approaches.

Get everyone going on walks each day now! That will help a ton!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter