• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Items to help while waiting in line

BDK33

Mouseketeer
Full disclosure... I'm healthy and capable of standing.

However, that being said I plan on going to opening day for Toy Story Land. I anticipate waiting in long lines for long periods of time.

Does anyone have any recommendations for things you can bring into the park to sit while in line.

I am getting to park well before opening and if possible would love something to sit on rather than stand.

Currently the clubhouse leader is one of the walking canes that turn into a chair.

Anyone else bring something they like?

TIA

Full disclosure... I'm healthy and capable of standing.

However, that being said I plan on going to opening day for Toy Story Land. I anticipate waiting in long lines for long periods of time.

Does anyone have any recommendations for things you can bring into the park to sit while in line.

I am getting to park well before opening and if possible would love something to sit on rather than stand.

Currently the clubhouse leader is one of the walking canes that turn into a chair.

Anyone else bring something they like?

TIA
I would not bring one of these for one it will be questionable if it will be allowed to be used as a set and two I was by the bathroom by 7DMT when a guest was sitting in one a CM asked her not to use it as a set she was saying no and fell out and broke her arm.

Per Disney guidelines you are not allowed to bring anything that would convert into a chair, I would recommend just renting a wheelchair if you feel you will need it

I have already asked on the cane chair and they said it was allowed.

Just be aware that some cm might not have an issue but some might. I've seen people with the cane/chair thing using it, some cm look away some approach and ask for it to be closed

As a Cain but as a set is questionable everyone I have seen a CM ask them not to use it as a set and with the crowded you will be less likely able to use it as a set. I would just rent a wheelchair

The thing is, even in a very long line, you're not usually standing still for more than 30 seconds at a time, you're just sort of ... shuffling really, really slowly the whole time, which makes a seat basically impossible to use.

The thing is, even in a very long line, you're not usually standing still for more than 30 seconds at a time, you're just sort of ... shuffling really, really slowly the whole time, which makes a seat basically impossible to use.

It would be more for waiting outside the gates before the park opens. I don't mind standing in an attractions line that moves, but standing for several hours not moving is the reason I ask this question

It would be more for waiting outside the gates before the park opens. I don't mind standing in an attractions line that moves, but standing for several hours not moving is the reason I ask this question

Ah - gotcha. Well, I'm no expert only having been 4 times, however, I can't see CMs approaching you OUTSIDE the gates and telling you to close your cane and stand up. Maybe if you were IN the park waiting for rope drop? But not before security. Anyone with more experience is free to correct me.

You are better off just sitting on the ground I went for pandora opening will be there this weekend you will get there and wait out side be let in part way for maybe 30-45 minutes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter