Items at Continental Breakfasts at Hotels on Harbour Blvd

Albertan mom

<font color=blue>I didn't mean too, innocent mista
We want to stay in a hotel that has free continental breakfast. But like we all know, one free continental breakfast can be way different than another!
We are hoping for one with more than just coffee and pastries.

Can you tell me specifically all the items that are--or aren't available at their breakfast?

Mostly wondering about
Tropicana
Camelot Inn
Carousel
BW Park Place Inn and Mini Suites
Park Vue Inn
Desert Inn and Suites
Del Sol Inn
BW Anaheim Inn
Ramada Maingate Inn

Please and thank you! :thumbsup2

Tropicana - very limited, danish, muffins, coffe, juice - for $1 each you can get milk, ceral, bagel, cream cheese (so $2 for cereal)
Camelot Inn - pretty good, danish, muffins, fruit (usually apples), cold cereal, milk, instant oatmeal, coffee, hot cocoa, juice
Carousel - my favorite, danish, muffins, toast, jelly, fruit (apples and oranges or bananas), instant oatmeal, coffee, tea, juice
BW Park Place Inn and Mini Suites - haven't stayed here but I hear you have the choice of typical continental, or in the restaurant above you can get pancakes, nothing else with them, just pancakes
Park Vue Inn - never stayed here
Desert Inn and Suites - its been a while, but I remember danish, muffins, coffee, hot cocoa and juice, can't remember if they have fruit and/or cereal
Del Sol Inn - haven't stayed since they were Best Inn a few years ago, then it was danish, muffins, toast, jelly, cold cereal, milk, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, juice
BW Anaheim Inn - never stayed here
Ramada Maingate Inn - stayed over 10 years ago, can't remember

In summary Camelot and Carousel have more choices.

Park Vue Inn is very basic, although I was able to get milk for cereal in our room.

Got2travel was right about Desert Inn and Suites, except the last two times I have been there, they had no muffins but they did have fruit (apples and oranges only)

For most of the ones right at the crosswalk, I wouldn't count on too much more than coffee and pastries without any additional charge.

The ones you have listed all have very basic stuff. If you want a more complete breakfast try Candy Cane Inn, Embassy Suites, or the Residence Inn Garden Grove!

got2travel---WOW! What an impressive hotel list you've got!!!

I bring a box of cereal, throw-away bowls and spoons. That way, no matter how little their definition of continental breakfast is, we can always have cereal!

Then, after the kids have breakfast, I stop at the Main Street Bakery and get my chocolate filled croissant!!! :rotfl:

From what I can recall the breakfast at Candy Cane Inn consisted of:

tea
coffee
hot chocolate
different juices
milk
a variety of cereals (there were 4 I think)
muffins
danish
different breads and bagels (with toasters and pb, jelly, cream cheese etc) fruit (apples, oranges, bananas etc.)

I think that was it. Actually it is pretty good for a "free" breakfast! We took what we wanted back to our room and ate one morning because it was raining and everyone was trying to sit inside. The other days we sat outside by the pool.

ZeusNike said:
From what I can recall the breakfast at Candy Cane Inn consisted of:

tea
coffee
hot chocolate
different juices
milk
a variety of cereals (there were 4 I think)
muffins
danish
different breads and bagels (with toasters and pb, jelly, cream cheese etc) fruit (apples, oranges, bananas etc.)

I think that was it. Actually it is pretty good for a "free" breakfast! We took what we wanted back to our room and ate one morning because it was raining and everyone was trying to sit inside. The other days we sat outside by the pool.

Thanks! :)

While the Tropicana was a great place to stay, their continental breakfast left something to be desired. The croissants tasted like they had freezer burn, and the orange juice was bitter. I would stay there again, but skip the breakfast.

The continental breakfast at the Candy Cane Inn was the best!! I love that place. Both my nieces' eyes got huge when we told them they could have whatever they wanted!! They loaded up on cereal, fruit, and whatever else their little hands could grab! party:

Embassy Suites consists of:

Cereal
Yogurt
Scrambled eggs
bacon
sausage
pancakes
omelets made to order
toast
bagels
Coffee/juice/hot chocolate/soda/milk

We stayed there for 21 nights last month..the breakfast was certainly more than anyone could eat.
They had plenty of cereal, milk, juice and fruit. They had toast, coffee etc.
They also had a huge variety of pastries and donuts, although i don't know who would eat those for breakfast. We took ours back to the room to eat, and put some fruit in our pockets for the day...it was plenty, fresh and all anyone could want really.

Vicki in Oz

Just got back from a stay at BWPPI.
Their breakfast consists of:
Apples and Oranges
Toast
Bagels
Donuts
Danishes
Hard Boiled Eggs
Cereal
Juice
Coffee
Milk

If you decide to eat in the restaurant downstairs, you can only order the pancakes.

Good Luck!
:thumbsup2

tyluvsdis said:
Just got back from a stay at BWPPI.
Their breakfast consists of:
Apples and Oranges
Toast
Bagels
Donuts
Danishes
Hard Boiled Eggs
Cereal
Juice
Coffee
Milk

If you decide to eat in the restaurant downstairs, you can only order the pancakes.

Good Luck!
:thumbsup2

Thanks Ty! We leave in just a few days for 4 days at the BWPPI, and can't wait!

Thunderbird,
Have a blast on your trip!

This coming January, I'll be bringing my Mom out to Disneyland and we're staying at the Best Western Park Place Inn, for the first time. (I usually stay at Marriotts to earn points.) Please post any advice, reviews, etc. when you return! I'd love to hear about your experience of the place.

Thanks,
Ray

At the Ramada Maingate, it is even more basic. Croissants(sp?), pastries and cream cheese, cereal, milk, coffee and not very ripe bananas, sometimes bagels. Nothing impressive. There's a coffee shop in the facility and Denny's is around the corner.

Update: We stayed there this X-mas and they didn't even have cream cheese just danish and the other items already mentioned. There was an artificial juice machine as well. The milk was 2% only in case anybody wants to know. Like I said before, very basic.

rpiff said:
Thunderbird,

This coming January, I'll be bringing my Mom out to Disneyland and we're staying at the Best Western Park Place Inn, for the first time. (I usually stay at Marriotts to earn points.) Please post any advice, reviews, etc. when you return! I'd love to hear about your experience of the place.

Thanks,
Ray

Will do, Ray. We won't be back until New Year's, though, because of the Las Vegas leg of the trip.

34 hours from now we'll be on a plane! Think I should start packing?

We're ba-a-ack! Had a great time, loved the BWPPI, and will do a more detailed post by tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a happy new year!

Thunderbird,

Thanks,
Ray

We were there 4 nights, and really liked the hotel. We were in room 376, which is a standard room with 2 dbl beds and one of only a few rooms that looks out on Harbor Blvd. If you can picture the hotel shaped like this: :hourglass (except much taller), Harbor Blvd runs across the top of the hourglass. The front desk is on the first floor at the top of the hourglass, then there are 3 or 4 rooms on the second and third floors directly above the front desk. Our windows looked out towards Harbor Blvd and the parks, so we had a good view of California Adventure (Tower of Terror, California Screamin' and the Sun Wheel), but a large palm tree blocked most of the view of Disneyland (we could see the Matterhorn peeking out through the leaves). It's too bad, because we would have had an awesome view of the fireworks.

The only downside to these rooms is they are as far as possible from the elevators, which are located at the middle of the hotel (or the center of the hourglass). If you don't mind one or two flights of stairs, and you don't have more than 4 people, I'd highly recommend these rooms. Ice and soda were just steps away, and we had a shorter walk to the park and breakfast than those at the back of the hotel.

The rooms were a little dark, and there were no in room safes, but the bathroom was fine, showerhead was new and good, we had a fridge and microwave, and it was always clean. It seemed like there was plenty of parking, but we just let the car sit for the 4 days we were there, so I couldn't say for sure. Didn't use the pool, so can't comment on that, but it's better than it appears in pictures (though still woefully small).

Continental breakfast was exactly was Ty described earlier (get there early--they do run out of stuff towards the end), and you could also get pancakes in the restaurant downstairs. But you can't bring downstairs food upstairs to the continental breakfast or vice versa. I understand their reasoning, but it's still a little weird if everyone in your party isn't on the same page. As long as you're all willing to settle for the free continental or are willing to go to the restaurant together and either have the free pancakes (drinks not included) or pay for breakfast (order off the menu or have the buffet), you should be fine.

For us, it really was less than 10 minutes to the entrance to the parks, and that's with a stroller. We had no problem going back to the hotel for an afternoon break then returning to the park at night. For the savings over the on-site hotels, I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

I'd also like to add that the Tropicana has fruit. I didn't think their contiental breakfast was too awful, I wouldn't pay for it but when its free and enough to at least get your day going thats something! The fruit is great to just throw into the backpack for later in the parks.

Thanks for the detailed review of the Best Western, Thunderbird! Even with some of the minuses, it sounds like a reasonable place to save money and sleep comfortably. Glad you enjoyed your trip!
Ray

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter