Italy Trips for Young Adults

2trips06Mom

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me if they think a family of 4, Mom, Dad and 2 sons ages 18 and 20 would enjoy any of the Italy adventures? Or do you think the sons would be too old for Adventures by Disney and not really fit in?

I"ve been entertaining an Italy trip either in 2007 or 2008 (at which time they'd be 19 and 21).

Thanks for any help!!

Kim

It's my opinion that they would love it.

How can you be too old for the Sistine Chappel or Florence?

This is a high energy trip and I think they are the perfect age for it.

Let me know if Dreams Unlimited Travel (this board's sponsor) can assist with your planning or if I can answer any questions.

Kevin
ABD@wdwinfo.com

On our Viva Italia trip we had a very nice family (Mom, Dad, and 2 sons) that I think were about the ages of your sons. If I remember correctly, one was going to be a high school senior, and the other a college senior. They appeared to enjoy the experience of seeing Italy, the ABD group, and most importantly IMO, the time they spent together and with their parents. Our group enjoyed the adventure of the elder son meeting up with his vacationing college girlfriend in Siena. It was an opportunity for the parents and brother to meet the girlfriend and her family since the ABD family lives in CA and the other lives in the northeast. Although we did not have children with us, my DH and I really liked being with all 6 of the kids on the trip that ranged in age from 8 to 21.

And to be honest, who wouldn't love being in Italy period? I went when I was 12, then again at 20. I will tell you right now, being 20 made me appreciate where I was and what I was doing so much more. My 18 yr old football playing cousin was with us the second time and had a ball. Its Italy!!! I say go for it. What an amazing opportunity! :moped:

Our ABD had a family with 2 older kids - one was in college the second was a high school senior. The first day they kind of retreated a bit, but by the second they were right into the thick of things and seemed to enjoy everything about the tour. In many respects, I think they are old enough to get so much more out of the tour than maybe the younger ones were.

I did the Viva Italia trip in September, just my husband and I. We're trying to decide which one to do next year -- Southern Italy or the Vienna, Salzburg, Prague trip -- with our three boys, ages 24, 21 and 19. I know they'll love it!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to that age group! I know they would have loved our trip and also the great group of folks we traveled with.

Dotti

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter