Italy and Switzerland

I lived in Germany for 13 years. Went to Italy and Switzerland all the time.

We did Italy-Switzerland as our first ABD in 2015… back then it was called “Alpine Magic” and my family loved it thoroughly. I’ve been hooked on ABD since!

The itinerary and hotels have changed slightly but it’s an excellent choice and I hope you have a great time!

Last edited:

We were originally scheduled to go this September, we rescheduled to September next year.There is a nice podcast
on this trip from sponsors of Disboards. Cousin Orville's trip report is worth watching. The original " Alpine Magic"
report was exceptional.Hope we meet on this trip.

Can any of the folks that took this trip a while ago compare it to its current version now? Specifically I know they changed the hotel in Zermatt. Has this trip been downgraded significantly?

I think the hotel that’s listed in zermatt - Mont Cervin Palace is actually an upgrade. We stayed at the schweizerhof in 2015. When you get to Zermatt, one interesting feature (may have changed) is that they don’t allow any gas vehicles in the city. This pic is when we first arrived… your hotel has an electric vehicle to bring bags from the train stop to your hotel.

Personally I was very happy with the hotel we stayed in… they showed us the original hotel that Walt Disney stayed in when he traveled there (where he got the inspiration for the Matterhorn ride), but our hotel had a more luxurious feel and I suspect yours will too

The main difference I see is that they changed the order of the activities a bit and added the Mount Titlis trip at the end. We really enjoyed our hotel in stressa which is different then the one they have now but overall the itinerary looks pretty similar to me. Would still highly recommend this ABD!

I think the hotel that’s listed in zermatt - Mont Cervin Palace is actually an upgrade. We stayed at the schweizerhof in 2015. When you get to Zermatt, one interesting feature (may have changed) is that they don’t allow any gas vehicles in the city. This pic is when we first arrived… your hotel has an electric vehicle to bring bags from the train stop to your hotel.

Personally I was very happy with the hotel we stayed in… they showed us the original hotel that Walt Disney stayed in when he traveled there (where he got the inspiration for the Matterhorn ride), but our hotel had a more luxurious feel and I suspect yours will too

View attachment 597153

My understanding from I think one of the podcasts where the Dis team reviewed this trip is that Mount Cervin palace is a step down from the hotel they used to stay at. But I’m glad to hear most of the trip has remained the same-looks incredible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter