It snowed at Disney trip! Day 1

Fiona35

DIS Veteran
I still haven't figured how to upload any photos so I'm afraid it might appear boring to some people, one of these days I'll grab my sister and get her to show me what I have to do!

When I went - December 31 - January 3
Stayed Sequoia Lodge Dec 31
Holiday Inn Jan 1-3

Cast - Myself and my best friend Debs

Left St Pancras on time on the 31/12 with the Disney Band sending us off!! The train was half empty actually and very quiet!!

Arrived to find there was snow at Disney but it made it more magical!
Checked into the Sequoia fine and our room was ready which was great as we could start layering the clothes on and head into the park!

We didn't expect to get on any rides and were amazed that we did Its a small world first off and noticed that they had re arranged it!! We also did POC, BTM, Lion King Show, Mickeys Winterwonderland - I nearly cried at this, it was so lovely! We also did Honey I shrunk the audience mainly to get out of the cold!! We had dinner in the Cowboy Cookout and it was yummy!!

We then rode BTM again and whilst looking at the ride photo had my purse pinched from my bag! We then spent the next hour at City Hall sorting things out and by the time we had come out it was 11.45pm and Main Street was packed!! Although you could still move around so we just stood and watched the fireworks from outside City Hall. We then decided to try and find the police station and figured we would get a bus to the NPB and then walk it! An hour later and we are still waiting for a bus! One had turned up and as we were getting on it we nearly got squashed and at the last minute my mate pulled us out of the scrum! To cut a long story short we gave up going to the police station once we were at the NPB as we couldn't figure out where to go in the dark so we went back to our room and around 3am turned the lights out!!

oh no that is just awful. it seems like there are more and more reports of pickpockets. im glad you had a good day apart from that. better make sure i watch my bag very carefully next time.

Can't believe some low-life pinched your purse. Hope it didn't ruin your trip.

Oh no - that is awful about your purse. Hope it didn't spoil your trip too much and you managed to get to the police station. :goodvibes

Sorry to hear your first day was not as brilliant as it could had been :sad1:
Is the Police Station just at the NBC??
Hope the rest of you trip was a quiet one :goodvibes

Hi

The Police station is about a 8 min walk from the NPB, you have to turn right out of the hotel, go across the roundabout and then the next left is where the police station is!

Oh i see, thanks for letting me know.
I suppose a police station closer to DLRP would had been too easy to find, wouldn't it????

Hi

The Police station is about a 8 min walk from the NPB, you have to turn right out of the hotel, go across the roundabout and then the next left is where the police station is!

It is really near to the Adagio Hotel if it is the same one - is it huge?

A great start except for when your purse was stolen.

Sorry to hear you were pickpocketed :sad2: . Hope the rest of your trip went smoothly.

The firworkd were good but to be honest I wasn't in the mood for watching them and I was trying to enjoy them but couldn't if that makes sense, only 15 mins prior had we really come out of City Hall from having to cancel all my cards etc and realising that to be able to get a replacment AP I would have to trek to the police station!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter