It is still a bra!

Op again - those who wear a sports bra and nothing else - would you wear a regular bra out with nothing over it? Would you wear your panties out with nothing over them? What's the point of underwear if it is actually outerwear?:sad2::scratchin

I think my age is showing...lol

It's not your age....I think the same thing, and I also think bikinis are underwear. Calling it something different doesn't make it acceptable clothing. But I'm a fundamentalist prude so what do I know...

Sent from me.

Now car bras are another story. They are vile and should be outlawed.

youve-heard-of-a-car-bra-27600.jpg

I'd avoid 5k's in the summer OP, you will see a lot of women wearing just a running bra.

It's not your age....I think the same thing, and I also think bikinis are underwear. Calling it something different doesn't make it acceptable clothing. But I'm a fundamentalist prude so what do I know...

Sent from me.
Can you explain what makes it inappropriate then?

I'd be a little surprised to see someone wearing one in a store or at a restaurant, but I wouldn't think twice about someone wearing one while working out or exercising. That's what they're for.

Did you ever run in 90 degree weather? Heck even 85. If I could just wear a sports bra and running pants I would. I care about my neighbors too much though ;)

Believe it or not, there are plenty of swim suits that are NOT bikinis. BTW, ever seen Janice Dickinson in a bikini? Yuk.

Sure, but aside from a bit of tummy a one piece isn't much different. I was curious if it was all swimsuits or just bikinis... Are they a shorts and tee swimmer?

Janice Dickinson is a fool.

I can't imagine anything but pure jealousy being the underlining concern or outrage.

How old are you that this is so shocking?

Oh puhlease. :rolleyes:

You both are imagining waaay more than what I think the OP is thinking. But, of course, it's the DIS, so people are going to pile on the OP and make it way more than it is. The fact that you can't imagine anything else other than "concern or outrage" or "shock" says more about you two.

Try the word: appropriateness. That since the word "bra" is being used, it's what Ariel is saying below. The OP is thinking about the appropriateness of just wearing a "bra" out in public.

Because you're using the term differently than most of the people wearing them, which is that they're NOT the same as underwear. The fact that it shares the term "bra" doesn't make it the same as a regular bra. I think that most people do wear the ones that are very "bra-like" (individual cups, traditional shoulder straps and back hooks, etc.) under shirts, but if you look at any catalog for women's athletic clothing, many are designed and intended to be worn as is. It would be the same thing as trying to compare a bikini top with a regular bra. Same concept, two different purposes, one is generally acceptable to wear in public in a certain context and one isn't.

I have actually seen some runners here, wear only "real" bras while jogging. One was a nude color one. I guess she wanted to look like she was running semi-nude. :eek: Even the male co-worker I was with raised his eyebrows over that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter