ISO Sweetened Condensed Milk recipe for Dulce de Leche

scrapcreator

DIS Veteran
I could have sworn that I saw it here... Does anyone remember where? I've searched back to the end of Nov. Maybe it was in another thread?

Thanks for your help. I'll go back to cleaning my clutter now. :guilty: Can you tell I'd rather do anything but clean out this closets?

Jeanne

I remember seeing that thread too, but now I can't find it!! Isn't that crazy? :confused:

Here is a thread about making caramel sauce from sweetened condensed milk. But it doesn't actually say Dulce de Leche.
Be sure and read down through the thread where it says to not actually boil the milk in the can because that can cause injuries.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=946220&highlight=sweetened+condensed+milk

SueM in MN said:
Here are 2 safe ways to make this:
Stovetop method: Pour the sweetened condensed milk into the top of a double boiler. Bring water in the bottom of the double boiler to the boil; install the top, reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally. Check the water level in the bottom of the double boiler and add water if it gets low. Cook 1 to 1 1/2hours, until the milk is thick as pudding and caramel-colored (about the color of peanut butter). Remove the top from the double boiler and set caramel aside to cool, stirring occasionally.
Oven method: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a pie plate and cover snugly with aluminum foil. Put the pie plate in a large shallow pan and fill it with hot water halfway up the side of the pie plate. Bake 11/2to 2 hours, replenishing the water as necessary, until the milk is thick as pudding and caramel-colored (about the color of peanut butter). Set aside to cool, stirring occasionally.
and here's a
link to the recipe where I got the instructions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter