Is Water from Soda Fountains at WDW Filtered??

SGMCO

Vintage Style is Sweet--Rumbleseat Fashions
Hi Everybody,

Does anyone Know if the water you get from the Soda Fountains at the Resorts Filtered??
I'm assumming there is a water dispenser on the Soda Fountain??
not sure, would like to know the answer to that question also.
Any help would be appreciated.:flower3:

yes and no.

The water is municiple type filtered water. It is still terrible.
the further you get from MK, the better it gets.

SSR has the most tolerable water IMHO.

its all pretty bad. I don't even like the sodas, cause I can still taste and smell the sulfur.

Not really! MK water is the worse of them all, MK resorts are next worse, etc. My DD has a sulfur allergy and it is affected by the water at WDW. We have to bing her benedryl and we have to purchase her botteld soda if she is going to drink anything with her meals--she is ok for about 5 days but once the amount of sulfur builds in her system she has a horrid reaction--since our summer vacation is usually 2 weeks or more, we have to watch her carefully and ty to help her to avoid the reaction.

Not really! MK water is the worse of them all, MK resorts are next worse, etc. My DD has a sulfur allergy and it is affected by the water at WDW. We have to bing her benedryl and we have to purchase her botteld soda if she is going to drink anything with her meals--she is ok for about 5 days but once the amount of sulfur builds in her system she has a horrid reaction--since our summer vacation is usually 2 weeks or more, we have to watch her carefully and ty to help her to avoid the reaction.

Thanks for letting me know about the Sulfur, I also have an allergy and I'm always careful about fresh fruit. I've eaten strawberries which were preserved with sulfer before and it takes from 2 weeks to a month for the hives to go away. I've eaten organic strawberries with no preservatives and no reaction. :scared1:

The water from the soda dispenser is filtered as much as the water used in the soda -the inlet connection to the machine or any locally mounted filter would almost always be the same. To what degree the water is filtered is a difficult question to answer. Most machines use a fine sediment filter(< or = 5 microns) to avoid getting stuff in the machines/tubing/valves. Some places may use as much as a three stage (including a carbon filter to remove certain organics and taste/odor) and filter down to 1/2 a micron, but this is quite rare. At this level(1/2 micron) most all parasites such as giardia will be removed, but you have to filter to .2 microns(you won't see this level except with expensive small ceramic drinking water filters) to get rid of bacteria, and viruses are pretty much impossible to stop. Most bacteria and viruses are killed back during the chemical treatment stage in the water system. I highly doubt WDW does anything beyond normal sediment filtering. Not that it matters much - most water in Florida tastes like skunkp***. It's either over-clorinated to kill the pathogens, tastes "salty" due to hardness, or if from a deep well, loaded with sulfur and/or iron. Edit: Reedy Creek, aka WDW, gets all its water from 12 wells on the property.

Also remember that someone changing a filter can easily contaminate the downstream(clean) side, and that filters can leak or be misinstalled rendering them ineffective. Add to that any ice may not have similar filtering and that ice machines are a historically a great place to find slime, bacteria, and more.

i agree, it is awful! Whenever we eat at CP, I always bring a bottled beverage with me. Just can't get past the feeling I am drinking straight from Seven Seas lagoon! (or a puddle...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter