Is Universal suitably themed for younger children in the day during HHN?

Jmumm

Earning My Ears
Our family plans on going to Universal Studios/IOA during our kids (ages 8 & 9) Fall break, Oct. 12 - 16. They are too young for HHN, and I have heard that there are some various Halloween themed displays around the park, which may be a bit mature (blood and bodies) for them. Are these items all sufficiently covered during the day? For those that have gone during HHN, do you think the holiday themes visible during the day are okay for all ages?

Thank you in advance.

From my memory, I think anything that remains setup during the daytime is relatively tame. Last year I remember some of the sets that remained had skulls on it, but honestly that was the worst of it. And I seriously doubt the kids would even notice unless someone pointed it out (my 8 and 3 year old didn't even notice anything was different and we are at Universal every other weekend).

Should be no problem. They cover up most of the props that are scattered throughout the park for hhn. You might not even notice all the props for hhn unless you look for them.

We went a few years ago during the day in October with the girls and there were a few various Halloween themed displays, but pretty much everything was covered or not out yet for HHN (no bodies or bloody things anywhere in sight). We went back later that night without the girls and it is just amazing how quick they can change the whole feel of the park.

Islands of Adventure will have nothing of hhn in the park as they do not participate in the event

The Studiios like others have posted will have many hhn props covered during the daytime

Nothing scary will be out during the day

Here are just a few of of the props left out during the day during HHN.

i-vwmj5Td-XL.jpg

i-sCQKvB8-XL.jpg

i-7N2z4NK-XL.jpg

i-Cw8bH4S-XL.jpg

i-NdcW6sb-XL.jpg

i-S49xGz2-XL.jpg

i-PVdr96P-XL.jpg

i-D7BqQLn-XL.jpg

i-fHMJL7K-XL.jpg

Yes, they do try to cover things up, but things can happen. We were there last October during the day with our six year old as a storm was kicking up. Some of the tie-downs blew off one area, and a zombie (maybe? I'm not up on my horror-ness) body was visible. My kid pointed at it and said, "Mom, that doesn't look good." My kiddo wasn't fazed by it, but out of nowhere, a team member came up and apologized profusely, said that wasn't supposed to happen, and gave us a note to take to guest services, which turned out to be a gift card. So they do try very hard to keep the more gruesome stuff out of sight.

A lot of folks may think I'm a bad parent but I took my son to HHN when he was 5. In front of Ghostbusters they had a Godzilla looking robot that picked up a car and crushed it. It was only the 3rd HHN so we didn't know much about it. Now that he is 30 we are going back.

OP A Spirit Halloween store would have far more gore than what your kids would see during the day. Suitable is one of those subjective terms, but the above pictures should help you make up your mind.

You may find yourself suprised by them clamoring to stay lol. I waited till age 12 or so, everyone knows their own kids best.

OP A Spirit Halloween store would have far more gore than what your kids would see during the day. Suitable is one of those subjective terms, but the above pictures should help you make up your mind.

You may find yourself suprised by them clamoring to stay lol. I waited till age 12 or so, everyone knows their own kids best.
My daughter is 25 and is still unable to attend. She can't even handle RIP and totally freaks in the scare zones. My son and I had the best time when he was 16.

A lot of folks may think I'm a bad parent but I took my son to HHN when he was 5. In front of Ghostbusters they had a Godzilla looking robot that picked up a car and crushed it. It was only the 3rd HHN so we didn't know much about it. Now that he is 30 we are going back.
I believe I know you.......good to see you here!

No harm done to the boy.
He made it to age 30 .........lol

Yes you do Mac. Its been about 10 years. Yeah, my boy turned about OK. He's working in the hospital that
he was born in. Its good seeing y'all again.
You would know... is there a thread for Terminator? We are looking forward to experiencing that attraction for the last time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter