Is touring plans worth it?

mackmack

Predicted WDW AP's would be gone
Is the touring plans yearly subscription worth it? It seems like the my disney app has many of the same features and I find the crowd calendar to be dubious at best given how chaotic things will be for at least the 6 months.

I considered a subscription. But, decided against it. I felt like that there was no way Touringplans or any other outfit could predict the future capacity and other pandemic related changes to WDW parks. Plus, who knows what rides are going to be down at MK due to all of the refurbishment and rehab work that is going on. And, Disney has not been particularly good at announcing changes far in advance. For instance, the facemask changes for photos was officially announced a few days before it was in effect. By way of another example, I recall WDW announcing that Mad Tea Party was closing for refurbishment with less than 1-month warning. So, I wasn't comfortable paying for a subscription when so many different things seem in flux at WDW.

If the subscription was something like $75/year then I would say no. However, for $15/year (with no automatic renewal that you have to remember to cancel), I find it valuable.

I do agree that crowd calendars from any site are basically useless right now.

However, I enjoy being able to make my own personalized touring plans and found the Lines App to be much more accurate and useful on our last trip. We also do the room finder/request tool, but that is something you could do on your own as well if you wanted to.

To me, given what a trip to Disney costs, the small price for a TP subscription is well worth it if it even helps with planning and park navigation a little bit.

I considered a subscription. But, decided against it. I felt like that there was no way Touringplans or any other outfit could predict the future capacity and other pandemic related changes to WDW parks. Plus, who knows what rides are going to be down at MK due to all of the refurbishment and rehab work that is going on. And, Disney has not been particularly good at announcing changes far in advance. For instance, the facemask changes for photos was officially announced a few days before it was in effect. By way of another example, I recall WDW announcing that Mad Tea Party was closing for refurbishment with less than 1-month warning. So, I wasn't comfortable paying for a subscription when so many different things seem in flux at WDW.

With regard to stuff going offline and the Impossibility to predict a lot of it, I think that makes touring plans even more valuable because they'll update on their end and it's be reflected in updated recommendations. For example, if Splash Mountain is taken offline soon for refurbishment, touring plans can predict the wait time increases at other attractions because they know how many people are going through splash at any hour and can reallocate those people to other attractions.

Hello! I'll chime in on this. We've used it to request rooms (have gotten two out of three room requests) and for their beta ADR service. Definitely well worth the $15 for those two things IMO. I use the lines app to compare to MDE and have found it to be more accurate than Disney's in January and in April of 2021.

I subscribed for my upcoming June trip. I don't know if it will save time at the park, but I like the touring plan function and I know it will save my planning time. I'm also going to try the room request service.

For a vacation that costs thousands $15 is nothing . I find it so valuable and especially if you use their dining reservation finder . I also think supporting small biz right now esp travel related essential because we all want them to still be there when we return to some sort of “normal “

You can use the dining reservation finder without paying for a subscription. (But if you are going to use it, then paying the $15 for a subscription would be supporting a small business.)

Yes - ditto about the room and food reservation finder, lines app, personalized plans, chat board etc. It’s a bargain at $15.

Do the plans they lay out for each park actually make for a better experience? As in where to go first, second etc lunch break etc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!