Is this typical for other cruise lines?

DisneyRegulars

DIS Veteran
Hi. I just got back from a quick 3 night cruise with my son on the Norwegian Epic. While on the boat we found that all the “cool” activities like the rock climbing wall and spider slide and other things were only open for very limited amounts of time each day. For example, the rock wall was only operated from 4:00-6:00 each day. That’s it, and if you weren’t there before 4:00 the line was instantly 2 hours long. This surprised me, and really limited what there was to do on the ship because everything always seemed closed.

My question is, is RCCL similar? Are the ‘cool’ activities available for more than 2 measly hours each day?

We would love to do another cruise some day as we had a great time, but I felt misled by the lack of operating hours on this Norwegian one.

We found the activities to be limited in time (not open the whole day) but certainly more than 2 hours on our RCL Freedom of the Seas cruises. Skating was also limited. My son never had a hard time getting to do the activities though. The rock climbing was sometimes limited to one or two lines due to the sun though, the rocks get really hot in the sun so only those in the shade were open.

Would need to check my cruise compass but prett sure the rock wall, zipline and flowrider were open for most of the day. Ice skating was only certain hours. This was on Allure.

We did Oasis last April and like PPs, the open ice skating was only available for 45 mins - 1 hour each day. Sometimes it was multiple times per day, but that was probably the most limited activity. Flowrider, rock climbing, and ziplining have better hours are but are more susceptible to closure due to conditions. We had pretty windy conditions on our cruise so they kept closing intermittently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter