Is this the new LA NOUBA or AVATAR LAND Show?

RJMC

Mouseketeer
Is it possible that this is the new show that could end up in AVATAR LAND at Animal Kingdom - or be replacing LA NOUBA at Disney Springs?

Is it possible that this is the new show that could end up in AVATAR LAND at Animal Kingdom - or be replacing LA NOUBA at Disney Springs?
Toruk has been touring for a couple of years and is probably ready for a permanent home. The Cirque building at Disney Springs wouldn't require that much of a refurb to accommodate the production and with Pandora being in full swing by then, it seems like a natural fit for Disney Springs.

also even though the reviews have been ok is been the most popular cirque show this year
this seems very reasonable to move to DS

Toruk has been touring for a couple of years and is probably ready for a permanent home. The Cirque building at Disney Springs wouldn't require that much of a refurb to accommodate the production and with Pandora being in full swing by then, it seems like a natural fit for Disney Springs.
Toruk is going overseas for a bit so I am not sure if it would come to WDW yet.

Has Cirque turned a touring show into a permanent show before? I can't think of one that they have done that to.

Yes. The one in Biloxi "Alegria" I saw in NY in the mid 90's and it was a touring show.
This seems a natural fit & if it's going overseas for a time, then back here, it gives the wind down until Nov/Dec as indicated and then retrofit of the theater. I hate to speculate so much this so far away but....
I would be happy. I've been fortunate enough to see 5 different Cirque shows but not Toruk so I'd love it.

I am not sure if it would come to WDW yet.
Agreed that it's not coming yet, but I also agree with Barbydoll8's response. With an estimated 6 month refurb after it ends, that's over a year's time to do whatever has to be done.

I wouldn't expect Toruk to end up at Disney Springs. It's a show that was designed to be plopped down in the middle of a typical metropolitan sports arena. Due to that design, the types of acts that can be used are limited. For example, you can't suspend huge set pieces from the ceiling because that ceiling would be different in each location.

By comparison, a purpose-built theatre allows more options. Since your sets don't need to be easily transported, they can be more intricate. Shows aspects like lighting and sound can be maximized.

One thing Cirque du Soleil excels at is creating new work. I see little reason for Cirque to Soleil to recycle a show that's already toured the country just because it happens to be related to Pandora at Disney's Animal Kingdom. From a business perspective, you'd lose ticket sales from the thousands of people that have already seen the show.

I agree that it's not likely that Toruk would be the replacement, for all the technical reasons said above. I have no clue what will replace La Nouba, but a Stage Technican I talked to recently said that Cirque pitched the idea to Disney to park one of their tent shows in the nearby parking lot while the theater was being refitted for the new show. Reportedly Disney didn't embrace the idea.

I agree that it's not likely that Toruk would be the replacement, for all the technical reasons said above. I have no clue what will replace La Nouba, but a Stage Technican I talked to recently said that Cirque pitched the idea to Disney to park one of their tent shows in the nearby parking lot while the theater was being refitted for the new show. Reportedly Disney didn't embrace the idea.
Yep that's the rumor right now that a tent show will come while the venue to renovated.

Sounds like a grain of salt thing. A Stage Technician isn't going to be interacting with the people making a decision as to whether to have a Cirque du Soleil tent show set up in the West Side parking lot. Even before Rivers of Light, Disney was pretty tight-lipped about plans. Anything involving an outside company isn't going to be revealed until finalized.

(You may already know all of that.)

It will be interesting to see how Disney uses the new arena they are building at Wide World of Sports. I know Toruk is primarily an arena show, but I'm not sure how big the arena needs to be or how many minimum seats have to be in the lower section of the theater. It was in my local area last year I think, and i can't remember if our arena sold the upper level or not. So, it might be interesting to see if Toruk goes to that arena when it opens up.

That's an interesting idea. Although, I'm not sure the show has much appeal at this point. By the middle of this year, it will already have been to 60 cities in North America. That tour included South Florida, Tampa, and Georgia...the major areas within driving distance of Disney World. Anyone that wanted to see it probably saw it locally.

Placing it at Disney's ESPN Wide World of Sports complex would require adding transportation from/to every Disney Resort. Or some convoluted transfer from a central hub like Disney Springs. (That's based on my assumption that constant transportation is not provided to the complex.) That would eat into the profits. Not to mention the fact that Disney/Cirque would need to do a ton of advertising because almost no one even knows the Sports complex even exists. Out of sight...out of mind.

It will be interesting to see how Disney uses the new arena they are building at Wide World of Sports. I know Toruk is primarily an arena show, but I'm not sure how big the arena needs to be or how many minimum seats have to be in the lower section of the theater. It was in my local area last year I think, and i can't remember if our arena sold the upper level or not. So, it might be interesting to see if Toruk goes to that arena when it opens up.

That arena is going to be for dance and cheer competitions.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...x-to-become-new-epicenter-of-cheer-and-dance/

Turok is a huge show as well designed specifically to move around. So huge they couldn't debut it in montreal as it wouldn't fit where they normally do them. I wouldn't be surprised if it's going to swing into town after china while they do whatever with the stadium (assuming it's going to stay cirque, nothing been said if there would be a replacement show). I woudl be very surprised and it would be the first time that cirque took a road show and made it perm if it did but it's not going to fit in the footprint of the current stadium.

Also from a disney perspective, anything that gets people wanting more avatar is advertisement to find pandora at WDW to come visit there too. I would want that show roaming around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter