Is this fare good BWI to MCO?

3kidz4dis

DIS Veteran
Is $89.00 a good price for May going Southwest Baltimore to Orlando? We got $49.00 last trip but wasn't sure if that is unrealistic that it will happen again or I should grab this or wait? thanks!

$89 sounds pretty good these days. I'd grab it and watch the SW fares. You can always grab a lower fare on SW and use the credit for a future flight within 1 year of your initial purchase.

Depends on the season, but generally anything from $49-$89 is acceptable.

The lowest I've ever paid for BWI-MCO is $49 each way, and the highest (in mid-June 2002) was $$115 each way.

There is no way to know what sales SWA might apply later. I suggest you book the $89 fare and keep a lookout for any changes; if the price drops, you can get a credit for the difference. Unfortunately, the credit cannot be cashed in, and can only be used for flights that occur within 1 year of the original booking date. But if you plan on flying again within a year of the date you book this trip, then any credit you have from a price drop can be used for the later flight.

Is $89.00 a good price for May going Southwest Baltimore to Orlando? We got $49.00 last trip but wasn't sure if that is unrealistic that it will happen again or I should grab this or wait? thanks!

Personally I think it's high. BWI always has great fares to MCO. I booked my late April 2010 ticket out of Dulles to MCO and got $59 ec way. Generally BWI is lower than Dulles. I guess it depends if you want to buy and get a credit later. I try to avoid the credits myself as I bounce between Jetblue and SW (but prefer Jetblue better). I booked my March 2010 trip on SW out of Dulles and got $54 ec way, and I booked my trip to MCO down on SW for January 2010 and again at $54 one way. So yes, the good fares are still there. However, if you are talking about Memorial Day weekend, maybe that's why the rate is higher. If you plan to buy the early bird on your SW ticket, don't forget to add that cost making that $89 ticket now $99.

Personally I think it's high. BWI always has great fares to MCO. I booked my late April 2010 ticket out of Dulles to MCO and got $59 ec way. Generally BWI is lower than Dulles. I guess it depends if you want to buy and get a credit later. I try to avoid the credits myself as I bounce between Jetblue and SW (but prefer Jetblue better). I booked my March 2010 trip on SW out of Dulles and got $54 ec way, and I booked my trip to MCO down on SW for January 2010 and again at $54 one way. So yes, the good fares are still there. However, if you are talking about Memorial Day weekend, maybe that's why the rate is higher. If you plan to buy the early bird on your SW ticket, don't forget to add that cost making that $89 ticket now $99.

We are leaving May 2nd so it is not Memorial Weekend....but what is interesting is that Dulles is $59.00 for the same day....usually like you mentioned BWI is lower but not on this day....it is still early, I am thinking of waiting....too bad Southwest doesn't have an email system for when the fares change..until then, I am checking a couple of times a day....thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter