Is this a good price???

lsmac

DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>Sly yet brilliant
I have only a few more days to make changes to our ressie. Right now we are booked with the full package (DCL air, transfers, night before and cruise for 7 days). My TA (Dreams) told me that the breakdown on price was such that $523.50 each was the price for airfare, transfers and hotel night prior. For some reason (could it be that I am an obsessive planner?) I feel I could do better on all that and have the freedom to choose our itin. After three Dis cruises I am not sure I can be "herded" through the procedure...meaning the transfers and going by their choice of flights.

I looked at Expedia, Orbitz and Travelocity for airfare and can find cheaper airfare...just not very good flights. Could we make an 11:45am flight out on day of disembarkation???

Also, has anyone stayed at the Best Western Ocean Front? Thoughts? Review?

Thanks all!

Lisa

You didn't say how many people were traveling in your party, but that price seems very steep and I think you can definitely do better on your own. You can absolutely make that return flight too. You can be off the ship by 9 without a problem then it is less than an hour to the airport.

From our experience last year we have decided to find our own hotel, air, and transfers.

We did a 7 night last September and ran the figures afterwards and decided we could have saved half of what Disney charged for air, hotel, and transfers. That's $750 that could have been used to upgrade rooms, book excursions, or buy souveniers.

If you like planning and don't mind the extra time involved booking everything I say do it yourself! Save the $$ and have fun planning!

There are three of us traveling. I know we saved big bucks last year by planning our own air etc. I just really like the freedom of "doing our own thing". (ok, BD, that one is wiiiiiide open for ya):)

I would still like to know if anyone has stayed at the Best Western and what they thought of it. I may just end up back at the good ole Radisson.:)

Lisa

>>Lisa - it depends which airport you're leaving from...>>

Well I have checked both the Melbourne and the MCO/Orlando and the flights into MCO are better priced. I am assuming we would fly into and out of there. Isn't that 45 mins or so from the Port? In December I think we got back to the airport about 10 am, but we used DCL transfers, this time we would be dropping off a car and I am not sure how long that would take? I am still looking at taking the 10:20pm flight then I wouldn't have to worry about any of this!:) But that puts us back in Denver at 12:40am...ick!

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter