Is this a good plan & a critique of ADR's please

abbyndrewmom

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We are going in the middle of August and I have made a number of ADR's for our trip. My plan was to eat dinner early on park days in hopes of maximizing our cooler evening time, on non-park days I've made later reservations in hopes of maximizing our Waterparks, off site trips without having to rush back for ADRs. Do you think this is a good plan?

Here are our ADR's

Arrival Day - DD 8:20 pm 1900 Park Faire
Magic Kindgom EMH 5:20 pm WCC
Hollywood Studios EMH 5:45 pm Spoodles
Magic Kindgom** 8:15 am O'hana's CM
Water Park 7:45 pm Boma's
Water Park 9:10 pm O'hana's
Epcot EMH 6:00 pm Tutto Italia

** this day we are meeting my SIL & her family to spend the day with them, as it will be our 2nd day in the park I'm not worried at what time we arrive.

As you can see I'm using the EMH where I can to maximize our time in the parks in the mornings or evenings when it will hopefully be a bit cooler.

I'm thinking I will try to move the Epcot dinner also to 5:00 pm. then hopefully we will be out of the restaurant by 7:00 pm and can still have some time to explore or do some rides before Illuminations at 9:00 pm.

How about Spoodles at 5:45 pm will we have time to get back to HS and get seats for Fantasmic or maybe we skip Fantasmic and just ride some rides?

Please let me know what you think of my plan.

I think you have a good plan, but I see on park days you have early ressies , but you are leaving the park to eat. So you would actually need to leave the park much earlier that your ressie to allow for travel time. Then you need to allow travel time to get back to the park. Thats alot of running around imo. If you are good with that, then that the only issue I see.
We usually book in park restaurants for park days or late ressies outside the park, so we can be done with the park for the day, go to dinner and then crash back at the hotel.

We will actually be going from out hotel POR to the restuarants-though I'm guessing we will probably have to take the bus to the closest theme park and then trasfer to the restuarnts using the boat for Wilderness lodge - not sure how to get to Spoodles from MGM, will we be able to walk? My plan is to leave the parks around 1:00 pm and then return after dinner to see the fireworks, parades etc. There were no table service restaurants at either the MK or HS that appealed to us. Plus I'm really looking forward to trying some new restuarants on this trip including WCC & Spoodles.

Thanks for your observations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter