Is this a good deal for Disney Polynesian? Doesn't seem that way...

AnnaG

Earning My Ears
Hi there,
I posted this by mistake on the newbie board first, so sorry if you're reading this twice. We're travelling to Florida from the UK in April for a couple of weeks. We'd like to spend 4 nights at one of the Disney Hotels, preferably a Deluxe resort. We're organising our own flights, so I just need to book the accommodation separately and want some advice on how to get the best deal on Disney Hotels.
Yesterday evening I priced the Disney Polynesian through a UK tour operator, and was a bit shocked at the quote of ($1940/GB£1032) for a room for 4 nights - the most basic room. Are there better prices than this to be found, and if so, where should I look? Doesn't have to be the Polynesian, most any of the deluxe resorts would be lovely. There are just the two of us, no kids. Or if you particularly recommend one of the moderate resort, which one and why?

Thanks in advance :earboy2:

Anna

Hi Wendy,
How did you find this deal, who did you book through? I need to work out a discount which applies to overseas residents, which things like AAA don't.

Thanks,
Anna

Ouch. $485 is full rack rate with a vengeance. I believe the passholder rate goes as low as $235 for the same garden view.

Polynesian Concierge with the discounted rate runs only $430 a night.

You might actually be better off buying a season pass and applying the discount. You could check www.Mousesavers.com and www.wdwig.com to get the room discount rates for a given time frame. You can easily save some of the $1,000 over the lowest discounted rate.

I suspect that with a single season pass, if you are eligible, you'll save at least $600. That's all your food at the nicest restaurants for 4 people for 4 days.

Good luck!

The quote is full rack rate, but with the great exchange rate it is a bargain compared to what many from the US would pay. Anyway, the Poly is one of the most expensive deluxes on WDW property. If you want to stay at a deluxe and pay less, the WL or AKL are probably your best bets for better rates without some type of a discount. You also may want to look into renting points from a DVC owner. Hop over to the DVC Rent/Trade Board and people post their rentals there. The WLV, BWV and BVC might be good options for you, as they are all attached to deluxe resorts. The going rate for a rental is about $10 US per point. Since you are only looking at 4 nights on property, a Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed or Thur night stay costs less points, and would be a true bargain, especially with the exchange rate. There are studio, one bedroom and two bedroom accommodations (and the BWV's have a Grand Villa available as well). With the one/two bedrooms you get a full kitchen and washer/dryer in your unit. With renting a studio, you get access to use washer/dryers, that are strategically located on various floors of each DVC property for free. At the top of the DVC Rent/Trade Board, there is a link to the DVC calculater, which can help you figure out how many points are needed for a particular stay at a particular DVC property. If you go to www.allearsnet.com and click on the "accomodations" link, information about all of the WDW resorts, including the DVC (i.e., Home Away From Home) properties can be viewed, including great photos of all the rooms. BTW, I have rented points from a DVC owner before, so if you want more information about doing that, feel free to PM me.

The only deluxe I've stayed at is the AKL which is just fantastic but the lowest price I've found for a room at one of the hotels on the monorail would be the Contemporary standard wing rooms which are much less than the POLY. I'd love to stay at the POLY but even with the discounts the CR room just seems like a better deal. From the CR you can even walk to the MK - can't beat that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter