• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there anything really, really special about the food in WDW?

We have gone to WDW for over 20 years. The food has clearly gotten over the years.
There are some restaurants that have never been good. There are many that are good to very good, and some that are just amazing.
Having dined at many Michelin restaurants, anyone who says the restaurants at WDW all suck, I'm not sure what they are looking for.

WDW definitely offers a lot more in terms of good options. And some of the signature restaurants are really good, but you’ll spend a fortune on them. The biggest difference in my option between food at Disneyland and WDW is that, you can leave Disneyland and eat outside of the park fairly easily and quickly. Eating outside of whatever park you are in for the day at WDW is very time consuming even if you are just park hopping or going to a resort to eat. You have to plan on 30-45 minute travel time each way, plus whatever time you actually spend eating. If you are already planning on leaving the park it’s not that big of a deal, but if you are also trying to maximize how much you get done in the parks each day, it’s a time suck. Some restaurants are better than others, and if character meals and experiences are important, there are far more options at WDW, even if they are not totally back to their pre pandemic offerings.

The biggest difference in my option between food at Disneyland and WDW is that, you can leave Disneyland and eat outside of the park fairly easily and quickly. Eating outside of whatever park you are in for the day at WDW is very time consuming even if you are just park hopping or going to a resort to eat. You have to plan on 30-45 minute travel time each way, plus whatever time you actually spend eating.
Very true. Even if you are driving, it still takes a lot of time. If you use the monorail, then you can consider it part of the experience.

No there's nothing special food-wise imo. I live in a foodie city and there are no must-do for us to do at WDW. Is the food okay? Sure but very bland and not very exotic (no thai, libanese, and korean which are very common here). What I do like is that they are good with allergies. Having many allergies and intolerances (all mammalian products, soy, pea protein) I like that I don't have to feel bad asking for modifications. They also offer a few plant-based desserts that I can eat so that is nice! Right now, the menu I'm the most looking forward to is Sebastian's bistro. Not because it's outstanding but because there are many options I can eat with the chicken without modifications and that is rare for me (and I can eat the dessert).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter