Is there any spacing between tables at restaurants?

mousestruck

DIS Veteran
We'll be at WDW 12/29 - 1/7. We will be taking extra safety precautions, thanks to Omicron, such as limiting our time in the parks and wearing masks in crowds outdoors. One place where we can't wear masks is in the restaurants, for the most part. We have several TS reservations -- including Space 220, Via Napoli, Coral Reef, Boma and a few others -- and I'm getting a bit nervous. For those who have recently dined, did you feel that the tables were very close together and that there was little to no spacing between other parties? I suppose we can wear our masks at our table, except when we're eating and drinking, but obviously not the whole time. As much as I hate to do so, I'm thinking about cancelling our reservations. :(

Didn't eat at those places but the ones we did eat at we felt okay about. And we are very Covid cautious and haven't eaten in a restaurant indoors since March 2020 until we went to WDW last week. More spacing than there used to be. Back in the day, I couldn't back my chair out to use the restroom because the table behind us was so close.

We found that eating right at the start of dinner service or at the end of lunch worked best for hitting less crowded times.

We were there in October. It didn't appear to us that there was any change to the amount of space between tables in any restaurant we went to. Especially at Boathouse and Rose & Crown. Same old same old....packed in.

We only ate at one table service BOMA... the tables were the same. But, if you go at the beginning or end of the service it is less crowded.
We normally eat one TS per day at WDW, this time we opted to eat mostly QS and outdoors. We are coming from Canada and needed a negative Covid test to come home, so we were extra cautious.

I always eat around 5-5:30. This is often when table service restaurants open for dinner service and I usually find it less busy and more relaxed then 7-8:00 PM. It is also easier to get a reservation at this time.

Since my trip in August/September, I have not noticed any more social distancing in any of the restaurants. If you are not comfortable eating indoors without distance, you probably won't be happy in any of those restaurants, especially at crowded times like around New Years.

There was a story awhile back about a group who asked to be moved from the table they were assigned to a table with empty tables around it because they wanted distance...and then the restaurant seated more parties at those empty tables.

There might be times when the restaurants are less crowded, and there may be some unused tables due to staffing issues, but the restaurants are not taking concrete steps to distance guests like they were last year.

We were there in Oct and then again Dec 3-12. We ate at a lot of TS restaurants and it seemed to me that most if not all the restaurants are back to pre-Covid spacing (as in none).

We'll be at WDW 12/29 - 1/7. We will be taking extra safety precautions, thanks to Omicron, such as limiting our time in the parks and wearing masks in crowds outdoors. One place where we can't wear masks is in the restaurants, for the most part. We have several TS reservations -- including Space 220, Via Napoli, Coral Reef, Boma and a few others -- and I'm getting a bit nervous. For those who have recently dined, did you feel that the tables were very close together and that there was little to no spacing between other parties? I suppose we can wear our masks at our table, except when we're eating and drinking, but obviously not the whole time. As much as I hate to do so, I'm thinking about cancelling our reservations. :(

Ate at Space 220, Tony's Town Square and Rose & Crown ... ZERO spacing between tables. Up close and personal to our neighbors.

Quick Serve was business as usual as well. We tried to eat off times to find a table where it wasn't so crowded even if not top choice.

Perhaps this answers Disney's thoughts on spacing, masks and more .... from Sunday. I would suggest you do what is comfortable to you.

I could have eaten off the guy's plate at the table next to me at Boma last week.

All tables are being sat* and the spacing is the same as it used to be.

(*assuming they have staff for full capacity, which most seem to be these days)

Thank you for sharing your experiences. You validated what I had expected - no accommodations whatsoever. We are determined not to cancel our trip, but canceling our dining reservations may be necessary. Fortunately we are staying in a villa with a full kitchen, so we can cook some of our meals and also order meals to go. Such a bummer.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. You validated what I had expected - no accommodations whatsoever. We are determined not to cancel our trip, but canceling our dining reservations may be necessary. Fortunately we are staying in a villa with a full kitchen, so we can cook some of our meals and also order meals to go. Such a bummer.
I ended up canceling indoor dining for my trip earlier this month. It wasn’t worth the stress for me, and the weather was fine to eat outdoors. I am headed back in January for marathon weekend and going to do the same - outdoor dining only.

We were there last week. There wasn't any distancing really. If you feel skittish, I would look for outdoor dining.

Has anyone been to Artist Point since reopening? From the vlogger videos I've seen, it looks like there is some distancing there? I may be wrong. It's the one restaurant we're considering doing, but if tables are really close, we'll unfortunately have to cancel.

At WDW for 12 days in late October to early November. We enjoyed dining inside and out. We feel WDW did a great job with Covid protocols. I enjoyed my visit in July even more when masks were not required. Also took a Disney cruise in November and felt they also did a great job.

We were there in October. It didn't appear to us that there was any change to the amount of space between tables in any restaurant we went to. Especially at Boathouse and Rose & Crown. Same old same old....packed in.
Agree. Most restaurants were back to normal table spacing in October.

Jumping in to ask, are there TS restaurants that have outdoor seating? With my allergies I really need to do at least on TS each day to ensure I can eat (I'm one of those fun multi-allergy people), but I know we'd feel better with spacing or outdoor dining.

Definitely not distanced. Given how hard it is to get reservations and how busy the parks are, I appreciate they are seating as many as possible.

However, I understand it makes many uncomfortable, and I respect that. If so, I agree with those suggesting outdoor dining where you can find it. Even quick service seating was tightly packed when we were there (Nov), so it's not just limited to table service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter