Is There An American Girl Doll Museum ???

There's AG place in NYC, LA or Chicago.

Hedy said:
There's AG place in NYC, LA or Chicago.

Thank You...

Can one just go visit it? We'd like to get my DD (10) her 2nd AG doll for her birthday, can one be purchased there ? I'm sorry. We are fairly new to all of this !

Thanks

At AG Place - it's just a matter of how much you want to spend. They have theaters there, restaurants, big-kids clothes, doll clothes, the bitty babies, the historical dolls, the contemporary dolls, stuff that is specific to that location (i.e. American Girl Place - Chicago). There is accessories. They have a beauty salon for the dolls. I think there is a photo studio too.

They will ship stuff home for you.

YOu might want to check out the 'This American Life' episode entitled 'Dolls'. It's available as free streaming media or for .95 cents at the 'This American Life' website:
http://www.thislife.org/
It was broadcast in March of 2000.

If you're not familiar with the show, it's a public radio documentary type show featuring stories around a theme each week. The 'Dolls' episode has a really nice peice on the American Girl place in Chicago. I've never been myself, but you really got a feel for the place. (And it was overall quite positive, IMO) This story has obviously stuck with me, as it came immediately to mind when I saw the subject title, and it's been years since I heard it!

Actually in the NY store there is a "Museum" style setting with all the historical dolls- very nice displays and some information. It is set back from the pieces to buy so it is really an area to just look. Oh and kiss your money goodbye now if you go.

As previous posters have said - American Girl Place is a fantastic place to go. I have two daughters who love AG dolls and we're fortunately an hour away from the NYC store! When we go we average about $300 each trip BUT that includes lunch at the AG Cafe for four (the best lunch price in NYC in my opinion), hair styles for the dolls as well as clothes for dolls & daughters. My DD8 now wants the whole Molly world and DD6 wants Felicity. DD8 has Samantha & Bitty Baby. DD6 has Jess & Bitty Baby. Yep, we love AG in this house :goodvibes

Thank you all for your responses. It was either a party which would cost roughly $300 or a trip to the American Girl place.

Thanks Again !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter