Is there a Savings?

TOTChick

Earning My Ears
I have not been to WDW, I am thinking about purchasing meal vouchers through connections. I think though $31 is pricey. Is that a savings over what they really charge?

Sorry about the stupid question but I am trying to get prepared for our trip this December.

TIA

Originally posted by TOTChick
I have not been to WDW, I am thinking about purchasing meal vouchers through connections. I think though $31 is pricey. Is that a savings over what they really charge?

Sorry about the stupid question but I am trying to get prepared for our trip this December.

TIA

Thats for the vacation kingdom lunch vouchers and for us its only a money saver when we eat at RFC and we split the meal. IT inlcudes appetizer, your meal (side included), dessert and a drink.
Our family of 6 used 2 adult and 1 childs voucher and we had plenty of food and even some left overs.
As for the Q&C vouchers that are $11.50 we normally only use them at Pepper Market or Beaches & Cream.

The savings would depend upon where you're eating and what you order.

For instance, a Q&C voucher costs $11.50. It covers an entrée, a side order (if not included with the entrée), a beverage and dessert. Taxes and gratuity are included.

If I take this Q&C voucher to the Flame Tree BBQ at AK, I can get the following:
  • 1/2 Slab of St. Louis Ribs served with baked beans and corn on the cob - $8.49
  • Key Lime Pie - $2.79
  • Iced Tea $1.99
  • Subtotal = $13.27
  • Tax = $.086
  • Total = $14.13
  • Savings = $2.58

Multiply that by 4 people and a family of 4 can save almost $10 on a meal.

Scoot over to Beaches & Cream at the YC&BC. Order the following:
  • Pink Lemonade - $1.99
  • Grilled Prime Rib Sub - $10.99
  • Classic Banana Split - $7.99
  • Subtotal = $20.97
  • 15% Gratuity = $3.15
  • Tax = $1.36
  • Total = 37.75
  • Savings = $26.25

Of course, the savings are only there if you intend to order the more expensive items on the menu and you plan to dine at the given locations.

Another point to consider is whether you would be ordering that amount of food if it were not for the voucher. Personally, I almost never order dessert...I just cannot eat that much food at one sitting.

With that being said, I am going to order some Q&C vouchers for my family. We're staying at the BC, so the convenience of eating at Beaches & Cream is a plus. However, chances are that we will split the meals, probably using 2 Q&C's per meal for 4 people and ordering extra sides and extra drinks to satisfy everyone.

I know most of you are probably thinking that all my apples aren't in 1 basket for asking but I really do appreciate the responses.

I'm not sure what to expect when we get there so I am trying to find out as much as I can.

Thanks again, it is more than appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

After much research, I've purchases only Q&C vouchers. Unless I use them for all the least expensive entree's I should come out a few dollars ahead. However, there seems to be situations (like beaches & cream) where you come way out ahead. Sharing vouchers would add to the potential savings. (my kids, 4 & 8 could share a voucher and have more than enough food).

I studied the VKL and made several sample orders based on the menus found on line. I couldn't come up with a combination that really made it worthwhile. Sometimes I would be losing money. But, others found them very helpful.

I'll be there in three weeks. I'll post my experience.

Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter