is there a mousesavers for universal?

pokeysmom

Mouseketeer
is there any money savings websites like mousesavers for universal or hard rock hotel, etc. ????? i am still trying to find a way to save money there for upcoming trip after christmas. why can i save money at disney but not universal. please help

pokeysmom,

You sure can save money at Universal. Read this board. Do some searches. If staying on-site sign up for the loews card Loews Card

Get the entertainment book entertainment book
This will give you great discounts on hotel and also has some 2 for one entree coupons.

Visit Universal Studios for specials and online ticket deals. There is a hot deals link.

Get a Fanclub Card Universal Fanclub info

Buy an AP Universal Annual Pass Info

Join AAA get discounts on hotel, tickets , food and shopping.AAA

Discover Card also usually runs specials in conjunction with Universal.

There are also a few discount hotel websites that offer discounted hotel rates. Many are available when Universal is sold out. I cant recall the name if the sites but many of posters have used them perhaps they can list a few for you.

If are purchasing flex tickets get them at an On-site concierge desk and ask for City Walk coupons...(we were given many!) They entitled us to buy one get one entrees at many restaurants and also free dessert and some shopping coupons as well.

I'm sure I may have missed a few ways to save money but others can add to this for you:)

Good Luck!

Is that JessicaR awesome or what??
biggthumpup.gif

Disney is so overpriced they have to offer discounts. Remember it is not the starting dollar asked it is how much you finally paid that determines if you REALLY saved any money:p

I agree, that they are overpriced...but when it comes to meals, I don't find Universal to be any cheaper!

I have the Disney Dining experience card for Florida residents, and it gives me 20% off of just about all restaurants on property at Disney, including alcohol.

Honestly, the restaurants at Citywalk aren't cheap, and the 10% is barely noticible...and it's not good on booze!:mad:

And I'm still waiting for a less expensive resort at Universal...although I know $99 is a great deal...I can get a lesser rate at Dixie or AllStars, and $99 is still just a little more than I can justify! I hope they make a more moderate priced resort!

And passes, yea, the Universal AP's are cheaper...but their other passes aren't all that much less...

Don't get me wrong, you KNOW I love Universal...but I don't really see them being a cheaper destination for people...at least not by that much...

Don't shoot!!! Just my opinion!:D
Karen

Ok, OK i will stick to MIB and MYTHOS and that is it. :D

MsDisney,

I won't shoot!:D But....I just want to make a few comments. First of all I totally agree that Universal needs a moderate on-site hotel. For what they offer now however there isnt a Disney property that can compare pricewise. Comparing deluxes to deluxes. I have stayed at most deluxes Disney offers at MUCH higher prices. You sure cant compare an All Star property to either of the Loews hotels. (I'm not saying you did, you didnt, I did) The room size alone is a major difference. Honestly I wont stay at a Disney moderate when I can book Hard Rock or Portofino for the same price.

I dont agree about the food at Universal being more expensive either. I found the prices at all the restaurants we ate at in City Walk to be very reasonable. The hotels breakfasts and character meals were even cheaper than those we had at Disney. Alcohol...I cant really compare. The kids meals everywhere we ate at Universal parks and the hotels were very cheap. Again I am comparing it back to back going from Disney to Universal. On top of them being cheaper to begin with (or the same) I was able to use coupons, AP, AAA for a discount.

I know Disney offers more parks but their tickets are never on sale. I have never seen buy one day get one free. They dont offer Entertainment discounts. AAA discounts for tickets are hardly ever available and when they do allow it its less than a 5% savings. Thats less than the membership.I havent heard any great praise about the Disney Club either. However...if you are a florida resident there are savings to be found! So yes in your case Disney probably is less expensive but not for me:(

Using your AP at Universal gets you:
20% savings at merchandise stores and carts
15% savings at all restaurants
Disney doesnt even offer a discount on any meals in the parks using an AP. Their AP doesnt apply for shopping either at any Disney Park or resort.

Bottom line for me...my trips to Universal have always been cheaper than a Disney trip.

Oh I also wanted to mention...The Loews program is something you would never find at an On Site Disney Hotel either...where in Disney could I accumulate 10 days and then have my room upgraded to a suite. (when available) I did take advantage of that last trip...It was amazing.

So you are very lucky Disney offers you those specials, but I dont get those same discounts and it sure adds up when comparing the two. Hope you didnt think this was shooting you...just wanted to give my opinion also:)

I'm still trying to figure out the AP discounts for WDW. However, the only one I care about is free parking.

Is there a buy one get one free deal going for Universal Studios right now? We are going 2nd week of December.

Leslie

Leslie,

The only deal I am aware of where you get a free day is through Discover Card here is the link. Until Dec 20th buy a 2 day pass with your card and get a 3rd day free.

Universal Orlando Resort:
Use your Discover Card to purchase a 2-Day ticket at Universal Orlando Resort and you will receive an EXTRA DAY FREE!++

++Valid through 12/20/01. "Extra Day Free" must be used within thirty (30) contiguous days of date of purchase of full price 2-day admission ticket for Universal Orlando Resort. Cannot be combined with any other offer.

Discover Card promo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter