Is there a character breakfast at Cinderella's castle?

Moby

Mouseketeer
I know Disney World has a character breakfast at Cinderella's castle, but what about Disneyland? Can you eat breakfast, lunch or dinner there?

Where is the best character breakfast in Disneyland?

Thanks!

The castle at Disneyland is pretty small and doesn't have a restaurant. In fact you couldn't fit a restaurant in there. There are some shops and upstairs there was just enough room for a claustrophobic walk through of Sleeping Beauty dioramas. This is now closed. Disneyland only has one and a half full service restaurants. The Blue Bayou next to the Pirates of the Carribean and the Carnation Cafe which is all outdoor seating and is diminutive. The Plaza Inn has a buffet character breakfast but I do not think any of the princesses are there.

it is sleeping beauty

Thanks for your posts. Tells you what I know as I thought it was Cinderella's castle :o (as at Disney World) so thanks for setting me straight. :teeth:

We are planning a trip to Disney World in a few weeks and looks like we will not get a reservation for a character breakfast in the castle as they're sold out. We'll be at Disneyland, probably next year, so thought perhaps we could do a meal in the castle then, but not if there is no restaurant!

It's been years since I've been to Disneyland (before having children) so I only know about adult attractions like Space Mountain, etc. and never ventured into the kiddie attractions.

Now that I have a 4 1/2 year old, I'm viewing it all through totally different eyes, trying to discover what will appeal to her.

Thanks for your help!

You are welcome. Try this link to this website. It can help with your planning. Join the message boards and there are some nice people ( though not as big a community as the DIS) on the Disneyland trip planning thread that can help with info.

www.laughingplace.com

Did you try for the Princess breakfast in Epcot at Norway? I've heard that's pretty good and a nice alternative to the castle breakfast. A lot of people have had luck as walk ups at the castle in WDW as well.

Many times we have been at the gates before MK opens and the CMs will ask if people are interested in eating breakfast in the castle. As others have posted, be flexible and you can usually get in. If you don't get in, stop by to see Fairy God Mother, and if your lucky, one of the other characters will be downstairs.

Since Disneyland is a much smaller operation than Disneyworld, dining opportunies and Disney hotels are also fewer. You can have breakfast with Minnie & friends at the Paradise Pier Hotel, dinner with Goofy & friends at the Disneyland Hotel, the Grand Californian has a character breakfast with Chip 'n Dale, and I believe there is also Ariel's restaurant in California Adventure. With a 4 year old, you might also consider spending a day at Legoland, which may be about an hour away from Anaheim.:earsboy:

A lot like Chef Mickey's at WDW. Would be super fun for four year old. My 5 year old loved it. It isn't the Princess breakfast, but it is in many ways more fun....you get up and dance every so often. Very fun and festive.

Disneyland Resort has 4 Character Breakfasts. I have done all 4 here is my list for best to last.

Goof's Kitchen: Located at the Disneyland Hotel. Great Fun decor, great character interaction, great food, professional photos taken if desired. Reservations a must unless you want to wait in line for 40 minutes.

Minnie & Friends: Located at the Paradise Pier Hotel. Nice decor, great character interacton, good food, lines were not long when we went.

Plaza Inn: Located inside Disneyland Park, end of Main Street on the right side. Winnie the Pooh characters only. Nice decor, great food, great character interaction, reservations not taken.

Chip & Dale: Located at the Grand Californian Hotel. Nice decor, great food, few characters, no inaction at tables. Must stand in line to get photos or autographs. Boring for kids and adults.

Just to also let you know that there is a Cinderella character dinner at WDW at the GF. Might want to check that out also for your trip to WDW. For DL there is a lunch and dinner with Areil, which they don't have at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter