Is there a boat from the Magic Kingdom...

TiggerPiglet

<font color=CC33CC>Still stumped<br><font color=gr
to Fort Wilderness? If there is, can I then walk to Pioneer Hall or will I have to take a bus? I'm trying to figure out if it would be easier to drive over or just take the boat over. Thanks :)

There is a boat from the MK to Ft Wilderness. The marina is only a short walk from Pioneer Hall.

Are you heading over for Hoop de Doo? Coming back you might need to bus back to TTC, since the MK may be closed by the time Hoop is over.

Yes, I am heading for Hoop Dee Doo. I'm actually doing the early show at 5:00, so I was hoping MK would still be opened by the time I got out. I believe MK is open until 9:00 that night. I think I should have enough time to get back.

Like Debbie said, there is a boat, but it does stop @ WL as well. So, it's not direct, just so you know.

ophie said:
Like Debbie said, there is a boat, but it does stop @ WL as well. So, it's not direct, just so you know.

Thanks for letting me know that. Does it stop at WL first coming from MK?

TiggerPiglet said:
Thanks for letting me know that. Does it stop at WL first coming from MK?
Yes, when it leaves MK, it stops @ WL first. (At least it did when I was there over Labor Day)

ophie said:
Yes, when it leaves MK, it stops @ WL first. (At least it did when I was there over Labor Day)

Thanks. I just have one more question, how much time should I allow to take the boat over from MK?

I think it depends on the time of the day where it stops first. I believe after 3pm it stops at WL first, before that at Ft. Wilderness first.

If the boat is waiting at the dock, it takes about 10 minutes to the first stop or 15 minutes to the second stop. So leave yourself enough time to wait for a boat and then the travelling time. The boats are a nice way to travel, but they do take a long time.

We took the boat from the GF to the MK and then got on the boat to FW. It took us 1 hour and 15 minutes. I kid you not! There were a lot of other families on the boat for HDD. We got in our seats at 5:15. :earseek: The show started immediately after the guests on the boat were seated.

Give yourself lots of time!

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter